Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powermac G5 Dual 2.0 + 23" Cinema Display (Also other misc stuff)

FS: Powermac G5 Dual 2.0 + 23" Cinema Display (Also other misc stuff)
x user
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2007, 04:53 PM

Here is what I got:

Powermac G5
2.0 Dual Processor
512mb RAM (6 slots open)
Samsung 160G SATA hd
Superdrive
ATi Radion 9600 Pro ADC/DVI card

Machines history isn't really known, I got it because the HD was toast. That has been replaced, and 10.4 was loaded from a Family pack. I've been using it for 2 months with NO issues, I just don't need a desktop. As a result of how I acquired it, there is no packaging, original DVD's or manuals.

Display:
23" Apple Cinema HD display with plastic enclosure.
ADC connector, used on the G5
Cosmetic rub marks on the plastic, not too bad.
No dead pixels
The LCD has a couple scratches toward the center from some IDIOT who didn't package it carefully in transport. I've been using this display on the G5 with no problems for the last 2 months as well, the scratches are noticeable if you look for them, but aren't at all bothersome to me.

Per the rules, I'll post a price, but I don't know what the market is like for dual G5's right now so: $1500 OBO for both local pickup (Socal). WILL ship, but if I do, buyer pays actual shipping costs + mandatory insurance. Packaging will be done very carefully for the display, which could cost ~$30 in materials alone.

Please feel free to make reasonable offers, I'll look at anything as far as splitting up.

I also have another 23" ADC display with the same type of scratches, but worse (noticeable) that also caused some dark spots on the screen. Still works, and is very usable. $450 OBO + Shipping. Same deal with a 20 Studio display (newer ADC plastic) $350 OBO +Shipping.

Private message, e-mail and posts here are all acceptable ways of making offers. I have done many transactions here on Macnn, if that helps. Rather not go to e-bay.

x user  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2007, 02:00 PM

x user  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2007, 01:27 PM

$1400

Any offer will be considered, need to move it...

Forum Links
Forum Rules