Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Anoher TR-Chronicles Demo question

Anoher TR-Chronicles Demo question
kiskiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 5, 2001, 02:35 PM

I posted this elsewhere, but haven't gotten a reply. Please help!

OK, just downloaded it, and there is nothing to do! This is the lamest demo I have EVER played! All you can do is run around adn cross a bridge that falls down into lava and you have to jump before the section you are on falls in and you die--that is it. There is a door on the other side, but I cannot open it. There is a little crawl space as well at the end of where the bridge collapsed, but I cannot get into that either. What a waste it was to download this---sure didn't convince me to buy the game--sheesh!
BTW-never played a Tomb raider game in my life, maybe I am missing something, I don't know something? HELP!!!

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 5, 2001, 11:24 PM

I also found that I couldn't use the mouse in OS X...anyone else had this problem?

Beyond that, all I could really do was laugh at the outdated graphics engine...when one has seen titles like Alice and Heavy Metal at work, Tomb Raider suddenly becomes much, much less appealing.

But to each their own, I suppose.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

kiskiboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 5, 2001, 11:27 PM

Um, OK, but what do you do? You jump to a ledge with a bridge falling behind you, and then there is nothing else to do...

kiskiboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 6, 2001, 09:47 PM

So can ANYONE that has played this demo tell me what to do, how to get through a door, anything? Like I said you jump off a collapsing bridge to a room, and there is nothing left to do.

I just hope the Star Trek-Voyager demo is better--I have spent since 2 PM downloading it, and it still has like three hours to go! (stinking companies don't offer DSL here--plus my iBook is so slow when downloading I am using my old Cpmpaq to work on while I wait )

<jcronick>
Jul 7, 2001, 02:45 AM

I ran into the same problem and was quite frustrated. It had been so long since I had played the last Tomb Raider game that I forgot how to hang on a ledge. Here is what to do. Get yourself across the bridge before it falls, then get next to the ledge and face away from it. Then while holding down the action key, move backwards. Since you are holding the action key, instead of falling to your death, you jump back and grab the ledge. Now that you are hanging on the ledge, keep holding the action key or you will fall, and press the move left (or walk left) key and you will shimmy to the left. At the corner you will continue to shimmy around the corner and get yourself hanging below to hole you couldn't get to before. Now, continue to hold the action key and then press the move forward key to climb up into the hole.

Once you are through the hole, go to the other side and use the same method to hang from that ledge and then let go of the action key to drop down. In this room is a button that you can push to open the door in original room that you were in after you jumped across the bridge.

Now use this same method to get back to that room and go thru the door to a new area. Beware of the lions that you are about to meet, they are mean.

Hope this helped.

Cheers,
Jeff Cronick

Originally posted by kiskiboy:
<STRONG>So can ANYONE that has played this demo tell me what to do, how to get through a door, anything? Like I said you jump off a collapsing bridge to a room, and there is nothing left to do.

I just hope the Star Trek-Voyager demo is better--I have spent since 2 PM downloading it, and it still has like three hours to go! (stinking companies don't offer DSL here--plus my iBook is so slow when downloading I am using my old Cpmpaq to work on while I wait )</STRONG>

Forum Links
Forum Rules