Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Scanner compatibility

Scanner compatibility
holderlin
Jan 16, 2002, 01:29 PM

I'm in the market for a sub $250 scanner to replace my scsi UMAX Astra 600S which has become terribly erratic in OS 9.2.2. I want to buy a new scanner (firewire or UBS) that will faithfully run on OS X.

What are people's recommendations?

I'm thinking about Epson Perfection 1650

Thank you,

Bob

BTP
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2002, 03:36 PM

This is a sore spot for many, as there are no drivers, that I know of, for scanners. I do not know what companies are planning on releasing OS X drivers (all of them I hope!), but you would do well to ask or just use Hamrick Software's VueScan.

I am not in the loop on scanners, but the last time I looked, there were a paucity of drivers.
A lie can go halfway around the world before the truth even gets its boots on. - Mark Twain

holderlin  (op)
Jan 16, 2002, 08:27 PM

Hi,

Thanks to this forum I think I found an inexpensive solution. Someone mentioned VueScan. I downloaded Adaptec's SCSI driver update and a demo version of VueScan 7.4.1. I can now scan in OS X!

If this continues I'll postpone my purchase of a scanner. Now if I could just find a way to get my Apple Personal LaserWriter 300 to work in OS X.

Thanks again,

Bob

Forum Links
Forum Rules