Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MacExpo 2005 London - Free Tickets

MacExpo 2005 London - Free Tickets
Nivag
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2005, 10:35 AM

just had an email saying you can register for a free ticket for this years MacExpo in London.

click here http://www.mac-expo.co.uk/register

It is being held at Olympia's National Hall in Kensington on Thursday 27th to Saturday 29th October.

New bigger venue.

oh, i don't work for them

Krypton
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2005, 11:23 AM

Free as in costs no money?

Nivag  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2005, 12:07 PM

well, for the first 5000 people to register they are

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2005, 12:19 PM

Damn, If only I could convince my company to send me over there for that. But since they won't even send me to Boston... Bah.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2005, 05:39 PM

Wait... Expo London? I thought it was Expo Paris... or are there two in Europe now?

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2005, 05:49 AM

There used to be an Apple Expo in London, but a long time ago Apple basically killed it - some of the fatcats in the US thought it didn't make sense to have more than one show for "Europe" (it's all one market after all! ), and standardised on Apple Expo Paris as the big pan-European show.

Of course that didn't work too well because there really isn't the same conference mentality in Europe. An independent company saw an opportunity and organised their own show in London, called MacExpo (didn't have the rights to the Apple Expo monicker). The first one was fairly small but a success, and when it became clear that it would work, even Apple started exhibiting.

So there's MacExpo in London (previously at the Business Design Centre in Islington, but this year it looks like it's going to be in Olympia), and Apple Expo Paris. The MacExpo guys also run them in Germany and the Netherlands.

In my opinion, the MacExpo generally sucks. Boring and small... I think I spent about half an hour on the floor of the one two years back, and didn't even bother going to the one last year.

Forum Links
Forum Rules