Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > customising my OS X: Questions and Blog

customising my OS X: Questions and Blog
NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Jan 6, 2009, 11:59 AM

OK i said i was going to personalise my OS X over my xmas break, and yesterday i mad a start with a new wallpaper and a few attempts at an icon, today i have continued with a new Mac HDD icon and chancing a few desktop settings, which can be seen at http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Picture1-1.png im hoping to design a different logo for each of the icons in the dock along the same theme, i just have a few questions to start with

1) my icon i designed for the Mac HDD doesnt seem to be as higher res as the default, yet i designed it in iconographer at the highest res? any reason or am i just seeing things

2) is there a way i can design how the mail/trash can icons change when i have new mail/deleted items

3) im not sure if i want to atm but how do i get rid of the text under the icons on the desktop?

4) which icon mode does the dock use, 'preview', 'huge 32 bit' ect

Thanks Matt
The Spammer Formally Known As Crazyreaper
Mac Book Pro 15", 2.66 Ghz C2D, 4GB DDR3 / iPhone 4 16GB

NobleMatt  (op)
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Jan 6, 2009, 12:31 PM

another question is how do i apple the folder icon across the whole system and is there a way to access the current icon in incongrapher

of and for some reason i cant edit my bootcamp icon... is that cause i didnt create it with the installation of OS X?

Lord Kryn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2009, 11:04 PM

You need CandyBar for all your icon-changing needs, change the icon once and all uses of that icon are now changed (I've changed my Safari icon into a white-backed one - instead of blue - and even the "Page cannot be found" window comes up with the altered icon).
I'm not sure about the text but you could just change the name into a " " (space).
A proud Kongregatian.

NobleMatt  (op)
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Jan 11, 2009, 08:33 AM

brilliant, thanks very much, shall have a look over Candy Bar and see how i get on

Forum Links
Forum Rules