Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > sek929/hyteckit banned?

sek929/hyteckit banned? (Page 4)
brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
Speaking of the banned...
If it wasn't apparent to you, I asked for it in my own little way.

Missed you as well Dakar.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 20, 2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
I'm not sure why it really matters. Even if he were to quit being an asshole (and from what little I've seen, that won't be happening anytime soon), it seems like he's long since used up all his Get Out of Jail Free cards. It's just an Internet forum, for crying out loud! If his presence has been unwanted here for this long, what possesses him to continue to try and come back?
It is very odd, I can't make sense of this either. I think it's because he feels that he somehow deserves to participate here because of his innocence or something?

However, as fun as the psychoanalysis can be, what you have said can be applied on us in a way too... Why does whether or not he is banned warrant all of this debate and consternation among us? You're right, this is just an internet forum. Just as Rob's motivations puzzle me, the needs of members here to obsess over the rules and structure of MacNN puzzle me too.

It is also ironic that all of the posting about posting is almost as harmful as Rob's posting in some ways. It always gets people bent out of shape, it seems to accomplish nothing, it seems to invite pedantic behavior and attitudes, and it bores some people to tears. What's worse is the attitudes of some members towards people that seemingly don't pass some sort of threshold of coolness or something. Do you really want this to be a good ol' boys club?

Like you said, this is just an internet board. Why not just let it be and carry on with our lives letting it be whatever it gravitates towards being, and skip all of the micromanaging recognizing that even if it did the place some good we'd all have different ideas of how to micromanage the place?

Sorry Shif, this isn't really directed at you... Just using what you wrote as a launch off point.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 20, 2009, 02:28 PM

All you guys who get all puffy when Rob just posts once or twice need to get a life.

-t

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
All you guys who get all puffy when Rob just posts once or twice need to get a life.

-t
Oh yeah?? Well what about threece or fource??

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 20, 2009, 04:46 PM

Hey BlueSky, do you like my new signature?

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
It is very odd, I can't make sense of this either. I think it's because he feels that he somehow deserves to participate here because of his innocence or something?

However, as fun as the psychoanalysis can be, what you have said can be applied on us in a way too... Why does whether or not he is banned warrant all of this debate and consternation among us? You're right, this is just an internet forum. Just as Rob's motivations puzzle me, the needs of members here to obsess over the rules and structure of MacNN puzzle me too.

It is also ironic that all of the posting about posting is almost as harmful as Rob's posting in some ways. It always gets people bent out of shape, it seems to accomplish nothing, it seems to invite pedantic behavior and attitudes, and it bores some people to tears. What's worse is the attitudes of some members towards people that seemingly don't pass some sort of threshold of coolness or something. Do you really want this to be a good ol' boys club?

Like you said, this is just an internet board. Why not just let it be and carry on with our lives letting it be whatever it gravitates towards being, and skip all of the micromanaging recognizing that even if it did the place some good we'd all have different ideas of how to micromanage the place?

Sorry Shif, this isn't really directed at you... Just using what you wrote as a launch off point.
While I agree that micromanaging a forum is a bad idea (I freaking hate Livejournal communities where every single user contribution is moderated...it just makes it suck hardcore), there is a balance between fascism and an unfettered free-for-all. Left entirely unmoderated, most remotely popular message forums on the Internet today would quickly degenerate to 4chan or /b/. You have to keep out the inane crap that nobody wants to read, at least somewhat - you could say "just ignore it", but when 70% of the threads in a forum are self-serving BS people write for their own personal ego strokes or attention whoring, those who want to actually talk about stuff are going to disappear quickly.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 20, 2009, 05:21 PM

I don't think we have to worry about that. There are enough articulate people here as to not tolerate MySpace style postings... Ridiculing this kind of posting happens naturally now anyway.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2009, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Hey BlueSky, do you like my new signature?

AWESIMMMMMMM

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Feb 23, 2009, 10:34 AM

What happened to the other pictures?

Forum Links
Forum Rules