Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro 2.2ghz (late 2007), Snow Leopard and color issue?

MacBook Pro 2.2ghz (late 2007), Snow Leopard and color issue?
pat++
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2009, 03:12 PM

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2ghz (late 2007), with nVidia GeForce 8600M. The colors under Snow Leopard seem to be weird... the screen seems to display less colors or something like that. It's looks a bit washed out as well (it's noticeable on some desktop background). Even after calibrating the screen using 2.2 gamma (which I was using under Leopard), it doesn't look right. Has anyone noticed the same issue? or am I getting crazy? I just opened a bug to Apple regarding this problem.

SVass
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2009, 04:01 PM

pat++  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2009, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by SVass View Post
Nothing to do with this. It's just colors which are weird since I updated to Snow Leopard. The display is still correct, but colors don't look the same.

amazing
Professional Poster
Aug 29, 2009, 08:13 PM

You probably have to recalibrate the display.

jsavage21
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2009, 09:39 PM

I also have noticed this. I have two monitors on my MacPro that our calibrated, as well as a Macbook Pro and all three screens seem to be washed out. This use to happen to me before snow leopard on occasion and by clicking on displays in system preferences it would restore proper calibration. Now that does not seem to fix it.
I do photography for a living and this will not work for me. If I can't find a fix soon, I'll have to get rid of snow leopard and re-install leopard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules