Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > PS3, Wii or XB360

View Poll Results: Which ones would it have to be ?
Poll Options:
Sony PlayStation 3 203 votes (32.02%)
Nintendo Wii 329 votes (51.89%)
Microsoft XBox 360 213 votes (33.60%)
None 34 votes (5.36%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 634. You may not vote on this poll
PS3, Wii or XB360 (Page 167)
Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 17, 2010, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Doesn't mean it'll work well.
That's what I'm worried about.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2010, 05:40 AM

Apologies in advance if its already been mentioned.

Rage.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 10:04 AM

Friday News: Lite Edition

First year of laggy cloud gaming free.

A reminder of what exactly this costs from a previous article:
Keep in mind that $14.95 USD monthly fee does not include the rental and ownership fees associated with actually playing those games. The subscription fee pays for things like "instant-play free game demos; multiplayer across PC, Mac and TV platforms; massive spectating; viewing of Brag Clips video capture and posting; and cloud-saving of games you've purchased."

Gran Turismo 5's Most Beautiful Screenshots Yet
Surprisingly low-res.

PS3 Slim vs Xbox 360 Slim

The New Xbox 360 Won't "Red Ring" [Update]
According to Microsoft's support team, while the console won't display a "red ring" in times of hardware failure, it will still clearly indicate an error by switching its power indicator (the light in the centre of the ring) from green to red. So we'll get a red...dot of death instead. RDoT. It has a certain ring about it, no?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 01:50 PM

I didn't expect this at all, but if any of the three companies "won" E3, it would have to be Nintendo.

New Zelda, Goldeneye, New Metroid, Epic Mickey, Golden Sun, New Kirby, Kid Icarus, New Donkey King Country, and that massive list of 3DS games? Nintendo did its audience right by showing tons of hardcore games, and focused much less on the Mario Sports Mix-like casual titles at the show.

The 3DS is all I see at more mainstream sites. Everyone seems to watch to try it out, and those who have are making mostly positive observations. I'm not personally interested in the 3D aspect of the platform, but I haven't seen it in person either.

The Kinect and Move are both jokes. I don't want to play any of my games with second-hand peripherals that might wind up not being supported by developers in the long run. The reason the Wii's controller works is because it was their ONLY controller from the beginning. The Move and Kinect might wind up being a huge R&D waste (and I hope so).

I wasn't surprised that Civ V got so much attention, but Rage apparently stole the show (mattyb). Two of IGN's game of the show nominees were PC games. So much for PC gaming being dead.

I usually gauge public interest by what my students say (aged 12-20). Even my older students said they were more excited about Zelda and the 3DS than the rest of what E3 offered. Most of them own a 360 and Wii.

One thing is certain: every person that walked on stage was stiff and over-rehearsed, with the exception of Miyamoto. It's worse when there are two speakers on stage having a "conversation."

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 18, 2010, 01:52 PM

The Penny Arcade comic Dakar posted on the last page sums up E3 pretty well, and you're right - Nintendo was by far the winner.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 01:53 PM

Forgot...

The new 360 is ugly as sin. The integrated wireless is much appreciated, however.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
The Penny Arcade comic Dakar posted on the last page sums up E3 pretty well...
Definitely. Comics/satirists/comedians are almost always the best commentators.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 01:57 PM

It must speak to how disenfranchised Nintendo has left me that most of the presser left me unimpressed.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 02:35 PM

Alternatively, I'm so POed abouut the Move/Kinect and the focus that's being placed on them that it's difficult for me to get as excited about 360/PS3 games that were shown at E3. I couldn't find a single 360 exclusive that excited me (not even Reach), and only one PS3 exclusive (inFamous 2; only because how much I loved the first).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 03:26 PM

Fable III for me (Just not enough RPG(ish) games for me on the 360).

I've never played Twisted Metal, but if I end up with a PS3 one day I think I'll check it out (assuming it doesn't get reviewed as garbage).

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 18, 2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Forgot...

The new 360 is ugly as sin. The integrated wireless is much appreciated, however.
Ya it's nice of them to finally catch up to what the cheap Wii, DS, PSP, PS3 has had for years and no longer charge $99 for the Wifi adapter.

Now if only the xbox dashboard wouldn't be full of ads and upselling or cost yearly to play online that would be swell.

How did this thing get called the slim anyway?

"Microsoft clearly had to jury-rig its big "lift off the old Xbox to reveal the new one" moment at E3, because the new unit is actually a bit deeper by about a half-inch"

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 03:55 PM

Called it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 04:29 PM

I'm just gonna say it. Will Nintendo ever release games that aren't the Nth revision of the same shit they made back in the 80s?

How hard is it to use an idea for an existing mechanic in, say, a Zelda game and invent a whole new set of characters to make use of it? I honestly don't ever want to run through Hyrule as Link, searching for that bitch Zelda ever again. If I want to play as Link I'll fire up LttP or OoT thank-you-very-much.

New Kirby? Does anyone actully give sh!t?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 18, 2010, 04:33 PM

I've been chuckling to myself because so much of the 3DS talk is about old games being ported to 3D. It's the Wii and porting for motion-control all over again.

Nintendo are geniuses.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2010, 06:59 PM

Fable III for me (Just not enough RPG(ish) games for me on the 360).
Halo Reach and Gears of War 3 for me. (Campaign and Horde mode only. **** multiplayer.) The space battles in the Halo Reach trailer reminded me of the old Star Fox games.

I've never played Twisted Metal, but if I end up with a PS3 one day I think I'll check it out (assuming it doesn't get reviewed as garbage).
If they can recapture the magic of Twisted Metal 2 then I will be all over this. It's just that every sequel made since then has sucked ass. If I was in charge of the franchise, I'd have Criterion make the next Twisted Metal sequel.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2010, 08:30 PM

I wish I still had my PS2 to play the likes of Twisted Metal and Ratchet & Clank... those games are made with awesomesauce.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2010, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I'm just gonna say it. Will Nintendo ever release games that aren't the Nth revision of the same shit they made back in the 80s?
95% of the market (for any console) is either incredibly derivative or sequels of established franchises...

Call of Duty/Medal of Honor
Guitar Hero/Rock Band
Halo
Metal Gear
Resident Evil
Gran Turismo/Forza
Need for Speed/Burnout
GTA
Prince of Persia
Street Fighter
Madden/FIFA/Live/NBA2K/NHL/Tiger/PES

The list could go on forever. We've been playing games with minor alterations for a long time; to slam Nintendo for returning to established franchises while playing one marginally-different FPS after another would mean you're fooling yourself. Granted, many of them aren't nearly as old as Nintendo's franchises, but they're still milked dry as long as people lay down the cash for them.

Also, as long as games like Super Mario Galaxy (and SMG2) are released, who cares?

New Kirby? Does anyone actully give sh!t?
It got a pretty good reaction, so I guess so.

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Halo Reach and Gears of War 3 for me. (Campaign and Horde mode only. **** multiplayer.) The space battles in the Halo Reach trailer reminded me of the old Star Fox games.
IMO, Halo deserves all the accolades it's been awarded (mostly for multiplayer), but GoW is one of the most overrated franchises in recent memory. I was impressed with the atmosphere and gritty style, but the game itself was largely forgettable.

If they can recapture the magic of Twisted Metal 2 then I will be all over this. It's just that every sequel made since then has sucked ass. If I was in charge of the franchise, I'd have Criterion make the next Twisted Metal sequel.
I loved the first two games. I'll most definitely check this one out if critics don't pan it.

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
I wish I still had my PS2 to play the likes of Twisted Metal and Ratchet & Clank... those games are made with awesomesauce.
If they released many PS2 games on the PSN store, would you consider getting a PS3?

I'm not sure there will ever be another system with as many incredible games as the PS2. I miss those days.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2010, 11:55 AM

I didn't expect this at all, but if any of the three companies "won" E3, it would have to be Nintendo.

New Zelda, Goldeneye, New Metroid, Epic Mickey, Golden Sun, New Kirby, Kid Icarus, New Donkey King Country, and that massive list of 3DS games? Nintendo did its audience right by showing tons of hardcore games, and focused much less on the Mario Sports Mix-like casual titles at the show.
I would add NBA JAM to the list, looks amazing. Countless hours spent playing N64 Hang Time; now, if only there was a Wii version of N64 Road Rash

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 19, 2010, 12:35 PM

Halo has already gotten tired. Even the campaign of Halo 2 wasn't very fun. I agree Gears is one of the most overrated games ever, completely forgettable.

My point isn't that all games shouldn't turn into franchises, but more like it's the same exact story every time with the Nintendo games. How many times can we have Link fight Gannon to save Zelda? Could Link, maybe, fight some other villain to save somebody else? Is it that hard to concoct some new locales and folks in a friggin fantasy land?

I find MW2-type games to have very lame single-player campaigns, I enjoy them for a purely multiplayer experience. However games like the Half Life 2 series, Fallout 3, Nazi Zombies, Portal, and even Dead Space. Interesting locales, interesting stories and NEW content. New Vegas is kind of a sequel to F3, and it has a new protagonist, entirely new location, all new characters and all new story.

Continuing on the success of a franchise and simply re-hashing the same goddamn song and dance every 2 years is totally different.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2010, 12:34 AM

Halo has already gotten tired. Even the campaign of Halo 2 wasn't very fun.
I think Bungie has always known when to move on. Just look a Marathon or Myth. Although they may have milked Halo a bit. The campaign of Halo 3 didn't really interest me, and I probably didn't get bored of the Halo 3 multiplayer because I never played Halo 2 multiplayer. But ODST, although fun, was a small short instalment. Halo Reach is going to be the last Halo, and it will probably go out with a bang.

I wonder what Bungie's new project will be?
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Brien
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2010, 01:30 AM

Well, they did re-register a whole bunch of Marathon trademarks, so a remake or sequel is possible. It's also possible they're just prepping an XBLA release of the Marathon trilogy though.

I'd really love a Myth 4, if Bungie buys back the rights from Take Two.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2010, 11:57 AM

My point isn't that all games shouldn't turn into franchises, but more like it's the same exact story every time with the Nintendo games. How many times can we have Link fight Gannon to save Zelda? Could Link, maybe, fight some other villain to save somebody else? Is it that hard to concoct some new locales and folks in a friggin fantasy land?
It's true, Nintendo really milks there old franchises. In super Mario Galaxy 2 the princess is kidnapped again to the point where it is just eye rolling and you don't bother being the least bit interested in any other non-gaming moments.

Starfox is great and all but the 3Gs version will probably just be a port of the n64 version with some added little 3D gimmicks.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2010, 10:16 AM

95% of the market (for any console) is either incredibly derivative or sequels of established franchises...

Call of Duty/Medal of Honor
Guitar Hero/Rock Band
Halo
Metal Gear
Resident Evil
Gran Turismo/Forza
Need for Speed/Burnout
GTA
Prince of Persia
Street Fighter
Madden/FIFA/Live/NBA2K/NHL/Tiger/PES

The list could go on forever. We've been playing games with minor alterations for a long time; to slam Nintendo for returning to established franchises while playing one marginally-different FPS after another would mean you're fooling yourself. Granted, many of them aren't nearly as old as Nintendo's franchises, but they're still milked dry as long as people lay down the cash for them.
A lot of those games have something in common: They came out in the past 10 years. As opposed to Nintendo's franchises, most of which they've been milking for more than 10+ years.

Next, look at what the forum is playing (threads ranked by replies)

Halo 3
Modern Warfare 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Gears of War 2
Left for Dead
Fallout 3
Burnout: Paradise
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Ghostbusters
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed (I & II combined)

Half those games are franchises new to this console generation. That's a pretty good rate, right? I think goes to show most of do crave some originality from our games.

IMO, Halo deserves all the accolades it's been awarded (mostly for multiplayer), but GoW is one of the most overrated franchises in recent memory. I was impressed with the atmosphere and gritty style, but the game itself was largely forgettable..
Gears of War is the equivalent of a Michael Bay film, and I don't think anyone denies it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2010, 10:40 AM

Monday News: E3 Hangover Edition

Preview: GoldenEye 007 (multiplayer) | Joystiq
I could have sworn my opponent and I had faced off in a classic Bond map (the Archives, I thought), but Activision insists this is an "original" level, in so much as it is not a recreation of one of Rare's maps from the N64 game. Of course, Rare's maps were based on sets from the movie, and Activision has the rights to have maps designed from these same sets. So, expect to get a sense of déjà vu when playing the new Goldeneye.

My first "aha, this is a new game" moment happened when I pressed up against a railing and was prompted to "vault" over it onto the floor below. Wait -- you can jump now? Not quite.

The new GoldenEye uses a context-sensitive "action" button, which doubles as a sprint ability when there's no environmental object to interact with. While there's no "free jumping," developer Eurocom has added special abilities. In the demo (which was set up with Classic Controller Pros), I controlled Oddjob, the Bond villain henchman with a lethal, bladed-brim bowler hat; my special move being a one-hit-kills hatshot. (My opponent, as Jaws, could toss a handful of grenades as his one, not-nearly-as-cool trick.)
Lines up with what i was saying about it being more of a reimagining.

OnLive Streaming Game Service Tested (At Home, Finally!)
So what's the verdict? The response time is much better than I could have imagined. I barely noticed any lag between the time I hit a key and the time the Prince (of Persia fame) reacted to what I just ordered him to do. It felt natural, and I could easily see myself forgetting that all the hard work was being done in a server miles away and not two feet away from me. That is, if the graphics didn't take me out of it.

It's fuzzy. Muddy. Undefined. It feels like you're playing a PlayStation 2 game, rather than a current-generation game. Don't get me wrong though, the animations were super fluid, and motion felt just like it would feel if I was sitting down in front of an Xbox 360 and playing The Forgotten Sands in my living room. But because OnLive needs to stream all this visual quality to you over the internet, they need to make some sacrifices to the video quality in order for it to be playable.

Edit: New Xbox 360 has red dot of death, instead? Not quite -- Engadget
RRoD may be gone by omission, but that doesn't mean your new Xbox 360 won't occasionally give you the evil eye. Case in point: this 250GB unit spotted over at NeoGAF, which has a red dot smack dab in the center of the power button. What message is it trying to convey? Find out after the break.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Jun 21, 2010 at 11:35 AM. )

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2010, 02:39 PM

My god is this the retail version? It looks so cheap and bland.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 22, 2010, 02:35 AM

All Sonic XBLA games this Thursday only will be on sale due to its 19th birthday. Each game will be on sale for 240 M$ points down from 400.

Very nice.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 22, 2010, 10:14 AM

Tuesday News

Reggie: 3DS launching in 'major markets' by March 2011 | Joystiq
"The one thing, for sure," Fils-Aime said about the 3DS release plan, "is that we will launch in all of our major markets by March 31, 2011." As for the specific release dates, Nintendo is still "making individual market decisions in terms of what's happening in Japan, what's happening in the Americas [and] what's happening in Europe."

Nintendo "Not Satisfied" With its Online Efforts
"I think that his decision on whether or not to include online functionality with New Super Mario Bros. Wii was based on the idea that the true value of that product was going to be determined not by online functionality, but on how compelling and unique the experience would be for two, three or four people to be able to play that game together in the same room," says Iwata. "Of course, I have heard commentary that people feel that Nintendo's online functionality is behind the others or is lacking in some ways."

"And I can say that we are not currently satisfied with the online efforts that we have made so far, and we are working at ways to improve those. On the other hand, I do not think that online functionality is something that we should be devoting resources to for every single product."

Nintendo Undoes Four Years Of Alienation In A Single Hour
This was a shot aimed straight at your heart. "Hey, you know how we made all those games you had no interest in for the last four years? Yeah, sorry. Here's some stuff just for you". And for all but the most bitter cynic, it worked.
Well, that's one way of looking at things.

Report: Kinect Costs Microsoft $150 To Make
Ouch. Welcome to Sony-land, MS.

Gran Turismo 5 Weather, Go-Karting, And Track Editor Confirmed?
In the interview, Yoshida mentions new graphical effects, including, "damage, night racing and weather." That has weather covered, but then he continues on.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2010, 12:25 PM

Report: Kinect Costs Microsoft $150 To Make
Ouch. Welcome to Sony-land, MS.[/url]
Aren't the PS3 and Xbox the same price except the PS3 has always come with wifi, online play and blu-ray.

The Move is $99 vs Kinect $150

Sound like the typical overpriced nickel and diming MS to me.

And for $150 it better come with a major good game and 3 months online free.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 22, 2010, 12:26 PM

Not what I was referring to.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
Aren't the PS3 and Xbox the same price except the PS3 has always come with wifi, online play and blu-ray.

The Move is $99 vs Kinect $150

Sound like the typical overpriced nickel and diming MS to me.

And for $150 it better come with a major good game and 3 months online free.
Or think about it this way: if you want 4 people to play Playstation Move, how much do you need to spend? $400? If you want 4 people to play Kinect, how much do you need to spend? $150.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2010, 01:38 PM

He means at launch when the PS3 was $599.

The price was high because the cost to build was high. Once the cost to manufacture dropped so did the price. They took heat for that, now it's Microsoft turn with Kinect having a high entry price.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2010, 01:58 PM

Or think about it this way: if you want 4 people to play Playstation Move, how much do you need to spend? $400? If you want 4 people to play Kinect, how much do you need to spend? $150.
There is a debate on if you can even have 4 players with Kinect. Seems to depend on the game resources. There was noticeable lag when they did the demo on the Jimmy Fallon show with just two people. We will see when it ships though. I still think it is some great technology though.

Kinect Gets Laggy on Jimmy Fallon

Kinect: The company behind the tech explains how it works | Joystiq

Playstation Move to use less resources than Natal

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2010, 07:15 PM

I think I'm going to take advantage of this:
Gamestop.com - Upgrade to the New Xbox 360 250GB

My 360 has been acting weird lately, and the wireless adapter showed up red and wouldn't connect (disconnect & reconnect fixed, but I don't like the quirkyness). Plus a new controller will be sweet.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 23, 2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
He means at launch when the PS3 was $599.

The price was high because the cost to build was high. Once the cost to manufacture dropped so did the price. They took heat for that, now it's Microsoft turn with Kinect having a high entry price.
Not that so specifically. More that MS would be finally taking a loss on hardware, something which its done a good (great, if not insulting) job of avoiding this gen.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2010, 11:02 AM

With all the Xbox 360s that MS has replaced, are you sure they haven't taken a loss on hardware this generation?
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
With all the Xbox 360s that MS has replaced, are you sure they haven't taken a loss on hardware this generation?
Their gaming division is not a money-maker for them:

Image is from this article. They may not be in the red anymore, but they're not making a ton of money either.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 23, 2010, 12:07 PM

Its worth noting that the xbox division is usually noted as a money maker, but not the zune side of things.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 23, 2010, 03:27 PM

The xbox alone will not be enough to outweigh the failures of the Zune, Kin, Slate and soon to be released Windows Mobile 7 phones. That division will be back in the red in no time.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 25, 2010, 10:42 AM

Friday News

Sony explains PlayStation Plus: here's what your $50 annually buys (update) -- Engadget
While you'll still get online network play for free -- assuming you've accepted Sophie's Sony's Choice -- if you choose to pay the extra fee you'll get free monthly games attached to your account, as long as you remain a subscriber.

Furthermore, PSN titles will be discounted up to 50 percent by the sheer power of your will, you'll get early access to betas, and you can try certain full games for an hour (not just a demo) before you buy them. You can also turn on an automatic update feature that will download patches and the like automatically, and the company hints it may even (finally) bring us cross-game voice chat.

Bloomberg: Hulu coming to PlayStation network 'soon' -- Engadget
It was just two weeks ago in the runup to E3 that Reuters spread rumors of Hulu coming to the Xbox 360 and the iPad as some sort of paid service, and now Bloomberg is adding to the chatter, saying that everyone's favorite video service is also in talks to become part of Sony's Playstation Network and appear on the PS3 "soon." As with the previous rumors, Hulu on PS3 is said to be a paid service, but nothing's actually confirmed yet.
My pessimistic take is they're going to announce their premium service soon, announce it's on all these platforms and then, oh hey, if you don't subscribe you can't watch anything on your HDTV (through those systems).

Brien
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 01:27 PM

Eh, it'd be nice, but for $10 a month...

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2010, 01:56 PM

Back from a week of working camp, and I somehow find myself commenting in this stupid thread instead of actually playing games...

I think when the time comes, it'll be hard enough to find one person to play Kinect.

It doesn't sound terrible, but it isn't exactly something that I'm dying to join. I'm going to have to get a good look at the free PSN games they're releasing (the same games that will disappear if you let your membership lapse).

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2010, 10:27 PM

Its worth noting that the xbox division is usually noted as a money maker, but not the zune side of things.
Which is a bit confusing to me, as Zune on the 360 is actually a really good experience. I love being able to rent a high-def movie and instantly start watching it. On tv, you have to wait for most of the thing to download before watching it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Which is a bit confusing to me, as Zune on the 360 is actually a really good experience. I love being able to rent a high-def movie and instantly start watching it. On tv, you have to wait for most of the thing to download before watching it.
Gee, maybe its the hardware that's causing a loss?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 09:06 AM

Wednesday News

Portal 2 E3 demo videos continue (to blow minds) | Joystiq
I am deathly afraid of this game.

'Project Milo' team about 50 strong; 'product' not coming this holiday | Joystiq
MS doesn't know what MS is doing.

Red Dead Redemption will be profitable, Take-Two CEO says | Joystiq
After 6 years of development. A rarity.

After Nearly Four Years, The PS3 Finally Turns A Profit
C'mon, holiday price drop!

Madden's New 'Swagger,' Explained
Sure they're getting paid to put this in the game, but they still need to charge you for online if you buy used...

Hulu Plus Requires PlayStation Plus Subscription?
While this isn't official confirmation from either Sony or Hulu, it doesn't look like a typo or slip of the tongue, either. Assuming this is true, if Hulu on your TV was a driving force behind you subscribing to PlayStation Plus, it would cost you $170 a year for the privilege ($50 for PS+, $10 a month for twelve months of Hulu Plus).

Hulu Plus on Xbox will be a 'custom experience', restricted to Xbox Live Gold members | Joystiq
Microsoft is continuing its ongoing quest to make Xbox Live Silver members feel deep shame, by making the Hulu Plus service on Xbox available only to those with an Xbox Live Gold account.
Looks like my prediction came true. You gotta pay to see Hulu on a TV.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 AM

Looks like my prediction came true. You gotta pay to see Hulu on a TV.
In fact, you have to pay twice. Pretty ridiculous.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 01:06 PM

If you're referring to the memberships, its three times, if you count the ads.

Not a big deal for 360 owners as the Gold membership tends to be ubiquitous, but putting it on PlayStation Plus, is a giant FU.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2010, 01:40 PM

Portal 2 looks amazing, you monster.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 01:43 PM

Who said it didn't?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2010, 02:10 PM

And it's officially over before it started...

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...Limitation.php
According to a listing on online retailer Play.com, although Kinect can track up to six players at a time, it can only track two "active" ones -- in other words, only up to two moving human bodies. This means that in a group setting where several players are taking turns, only two may actually be using the controller at a time, whereas Wii party games can support up to four players.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 30, 2010, 02:12 PM

Who said it didn't?
Nobody? Why are you so cross? I was just saying that I thought it looked awesome, if that's alright with you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules