Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan
P
Apr 11, 2018, 05:44 PM

So what’s your read on the situation for the GOP heading into the midterms? Am I the only thinking that this is starting to look like a wave election?
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 11, 2018, 06:42 PM

Starting to?

---

I feel like my gut reaction on this development is indicative of whats wrong with politics in this country. I don't want Ryan to retire. I want him to fight off a primary challenge from a nazi. I want him to fight off a democratic challenger in a wave year. And if he survives all that, I want him to go back to congress, lose his speakership and have to live under a Speaker Pelosi. I want him to reap what he's sown in congress, not pull the ripcord and get out as it comes crashing down.

So far the dumbest takes I've heard so far are wondering if he'll grow a backbone now that he doesn't have re-election to worry about. This pre-supposes that A: He has a backbone to begin with; B. Didn't govern as he wanted to. These are extremely misguided ideas to have about his tenure.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 11, 2018, 07:12 PM

https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/984108494839255041
Paul Ryan departs on a bathysphere halfway through his plan to build a conservative utopia underwater, leaves us no guidance for what to do about the splicers. That’s not leadership.

Thorzdad
Apr 11, 2018, 08:29 PM

Part of me thinks this is Ryan being pragmatic, knowing that there’s no way in hell he will be re-elected after he finally fulfills his life-long dream of gutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.

P  (op)
Apr 12, 2018, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Starting to?
I use wave election to mean an election where the gerrymandered red districts go blue. I don't think that the margin has been quite that big, but it is looking like it is moving that way.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Thorzdad
Apr 12, 2018, 09:49 AM

The Daily Beast rants on Ryan's departure.
The election season will now feature a Republican leadership fight with all the reality-TV tropes we’ve come to expect in this vulgar, stupid age, as it inevitably devolves into a shabby bidding war over who will be more amenable and obedient to Donald Trump.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 12, 2018, 01:39 PM

So I think fun question here is: DoesPaul Ryan last til January? If not, when is he out by?

Thorzdad
Apr 12, 2018, 03:05 PM

As Speaker? There are already calls for him to step down now. I have to think the Republicans would prefer to get it over with sooner than later, and avoid it bleeding over into the election.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2018, 03:40 PM

Anybody know the protocol? How easy is it to boot him? Straight vote?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 13, 2018, 03:32 PM

Pop Quiz

When Paul Ryan stepped on to become speaker, what candidate had failed to get consensus?

Who is Paul Ryan endorsing for Speaker?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
May 20, 2018, 10:57 PM

So I think fun question here is: DoesPaul Ryan last til January? If not, when is he out by?
Pop Quiz

When Paul Ryan stepped on to become speaker, what candidate had failed to get consensus?

Who is Paul Ryan endorsing for Speaker?
https://twitter.com/byrdinator/statu...30534340857856
Kevin McCarthy and his allies are considering a plan to pressure Ryan to leave the speakership sooner. A source involved in the discussions who has spoken to the president about the idea tells me Trump is open to it but hasn't made a final decision.
Et tu, Brute?

Forum Links
Forum Rules