Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > my new iBook

my new iBook
yogi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 11:11 PM

Hello to all out there. My new G4 iBook arried yestday. woohoo! Not bad turnaround--5 days after order for apple store. This be my first Mac, after a couple of Vinders PCs.

Anyway a couple o questions:
1. any keybord commands to full screen a window?
2. any keybord commands to close all open windows?

I live in Japan and ordered here so I got Japanese language version of Apple works installed, seems funny that if they can have the OS in 40 different languages, why not the apps software? Do you think I should spend the money to get aftermarket copy of Apleworks, or can you suggest something better: ie spreadsheet seems too small (only 500x50)
Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
yogi

StuartB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2003, 12:09 AM

5 days...was it customised any?

pat++
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2003, 10:27 AM

command-option-W will close all windows of the active application.

yogi  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2003, 09:46 PM

stu, yeah 5 days was great!. Customized with 640 RAM, blutooth...im close to Taiwan tho!

alien
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2003, 04:22 PM

AppleWorks is a very old application, going back many years. In the old days, apps came in one language only. AppleWorks is still one of those apps. The multilingual technologies OS X itself uses are modern and much better, but Apple would have to rewrite AppleWorks to use them.

I think instead Apple might be working on a new works suite. Crossing my fingers for MWSF in a couple of months. Apple usually introduces new software at that event.

dracoleb
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2003, 11:02 PM

I would dump Appleworks, in favor of MS Office or if you don't have the cash, Open Office. just my 2�

Forum Links
Forum Rules