Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Fahrenheit 911: Will you see it?

View Poll Results: Will you see it?
Poll Options:
Yes and I lean left. 28 votes (31.46%)
Yes and I lean right. 5 votes (5.62%)
No and I lean left. 3 votes (3.37%)
No and I lean right. 9 votes (10.11%)
Yes and my legs are straight thankyouverymuch. 33 votes (37.08%)
No and I prefer to sit. 11 votes (12.36%)
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll
Fahrenheit 911: Will you see it? (Page 6)
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2004, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Election schmelection. You mean, the Supreme Court elected Bush for us, right? [/troll]

And I don't remember seeing anyone say the popular vote meant anything.

I'm waiting to see the film before I give my opinion of it.

So what did Moore actually lie about in this film? I'm honestly curious. The guy presents facts, and he gives his biased opinion on them�he's not always fair about it, but Moore's admitted as much. Doesn't the film really raise some serious questions that should be asked of the administration? I don't think it's unpatriotic to question your leader's motives. This is the man's agenda�all you snide, bickering tits have your own agendas. I don't think this makes it any less legitimate, either, no matter if you agree with his opinion of the situation or not. At least see the thing before we go after each others' throats.
I haven't had the chance to see the film either, but the questions raised are burning ones - the kind that the 'liberal media' has certainly failed to ask.

Here's a great RealPlayer clip of Moore on CBS (it's on the list of clips, a direct link didn't work :/ CBS
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2004, 12:04 AM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
Going quickly to DVD is always considered a sign of movie greatness.
Well sometimes it is.

Movie distributors are experimenting with speeding up the process. As some have found, quicker may prove more sales. Less chance for pirates to penetrate the market... and catch the hipe (rather than wait for you to forget about the movie, buy it today while it's still on your mind).

I'd suspect Moore is working on getting this to DVD rather quick (before November) if he can help it. I wouldn't be suprised to even see overlap. It's a small enough film the distro may be willing to lend to the experiment. Dual release is still a while away... but quick to DVD is right around the corner.

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 02:37 AM

This is a cross-post from another F911 thread but especially applies here to the whining children who refuse to go see the movie yet quote op/eds about the film.

You know...it's funny how some of you are quoting bashing reviews and editorials to make your point about Moore. You don't think these guys have an agenda? How about taking the time out to find out which parent company owns the source you're getting your review from (be it TV, cable, radio, magazine, newspaper) and compare it to this report put out by WhiteHouseForSale.org.

When you consider that only 6 corporations control all of the media in this country (Bagdikian, 2000), and every single one is for Bush, it should be no surprise then that you're seeing/reading a lot of Moore bashing.

Here are the 10 media powerhouses (remember, there have been mergers...and some companies have shares in the others)

Click

--End Cross post--

Of course, I'm going to be shot down as some "liberal" or "democrat" by some of the truly ignorant on this board, which I'm neither of. I think both democrats and republicans are a joke, but I still loathe Bush.

I'm going to see the movie Sunday afternoon. I hate Bush AND Kerry, so don't accuse of me of being some leftist hippie. All of the flak going back and forth in this thread is EXACTLY why the two-party system is screwed up in this country. One side polarizes on an issue and the other party subsequently turns around and supports the opposite side (extreme). There's no room for the moderate or those who pick and choose issues they agree with. If you're a Republican, you better be a gun-loving, rich, white, pro-life, execution-loving capitalist. On the other hand, if you're a democrat, you better be a gun-hating, poor, pro-choice, peace pansy in the ghetto. There's no room for the middle road.

I've never seen so much goddamn anger and bitterness over a MOVIE since the Passion.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 27, 2004, 02:41 AM

Clarke said Moore's film wasn't based on the truth.

What was his agenda?

BTW defending oneself from lies isn't an "agenda"

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 02:44 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

What was his agenda?

Clarke clearly thought Moore was saying something he wasn't. (Aka, that Bush personally approved the Saudi flights.) We know Moore doesn't claim this.

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 02:46 AM

What was his agenda?

Once again, where are you pulling the information from? People with a grudge against Moore? A Bush-supporting media source?

How about actually watching the movie before jumping to conclusions.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 02:47 AM

Hah!

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 02:52 AM

Yes, and that is misleading.

Bush got more of the country.
Bush won the election.

Gore had more votes
Gore lost the election.

Which is more important here, Having more votes, or having more of the country?
Thats the weirdest thing I ever heard...
So are we saying the people with the most land should have more influence/weight in the election?
or
The republican's votes are more important because there's a greater distance between each of them where they live (population density)
or
That inanamant land should decide the election since land to you represents the country???

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2004, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by alphasubzero949:
How about actually watching the movie before jumping to conclusions.
This would require thinking for oneself.

Originally posted by zachs:

Hah!
That's funny.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by el chupacabra:
So are we saying the people with the most land should have more influence/weight in the election?
or
The republican's votes are more important because there's a greater distance between each of them where they live (population density)
or
That inanamant land should decide the election since land to you represents the country???
Well unless the Democrat has the most land. Then we should stick with the popular vote. Or the electoral vote. Whichever one the Republican has managed to win.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jun 27, 2004, 03:34 AM

Clarke clearly thought Moore was saying something he wasn't. (Aka, that Bush personally approved the Saudi flights.) We know Moore doesn't claim this.
He connected the Saudi Flights with a Bush conspiracy zach.

You Mooreons and your apologetic spins.. I tell ya.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 06:43 AM

Hah!
I somehow doubt there won't be reprocussions for that theater not enforcing the rating.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 27, 2004, 07:14 AM

or
or
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 10:01 AM

I consider myself a libertarian, and will probably give this movie a look when it comes out on video. The trailer looks intresting, as there are a lot of unanswered questions concerning the timeline of the morning of 911. I will watch with a grain of salt though, b/c after the bowling for columbine debaucle of a movie, Moore has lost all credibility in my eyes.

I will wait to see what others say about it though, b/c if it is nothing more than a "republicans this, GW that" blame-fest, then it isnt worth my time. Anyone with half a lick of objectivity would see that both the dems and reps can be equally blamed for any major governmental problem, as they are basically the same entity--- the only thing that makes them different is their lists of big money supporters they cater to.

vertex
Jun 27, 2004, 10:10 AM

Michael Moore on the skewed media reporting, and blatant falsehoods put out about his movie.

"June 23rd, 2004
Michael Isikoff and Newsweek Magazine Deceive the Public About Fahrenheit 9/11

In the June 28, 2004 issue of Newsweek Magazine, Newsweek writer Michael Isikoff makes completely false and misleading statements about facts and issues contained in Fahrenheit 9/11. Isikoff has also gone on television shows repeating the charges.

Here are some of the falsehoods he is telling, and the truth:

Saudi Flights: Isikoff writes that "The movie claims that in the days after 9/11, when airspace was shut down, the White House approved special charter flights so that prominent Saudis - including members of the bin Laden family - could leave the country. Author Craig Unger appears, claiming that bin Laden family members were never interviewed by the FBI. Not true, according to a recent report from the 9/11 panel."

Isikoff's account of the movie is flatly untrue.

What the movie says is this: "It turns out that the White House approved planes to pick up the bin Ladens and numerous other Saudis. At least six private jets and nearly two dozen commercial planes carried the Saudis and the bin Ladens out of the U.S. after September 13th. In all, 142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the country."

These facts are based entirely on the findings contained in the 9/11 commission draft report, which states, "After the airspace reopened, six chartered flights with 142 people, mostly Saudi Arabian nationals, departed from the United States between September 14 and 24. One flight, the so-called Bin Ladin flight, departed the United States on September 20 with 26 passengers, most of them relatives of Usama Bin Ladin." National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Threats and Responses in 2001, Staff Statement No. 10, The Saudi Flights, p. 12;

Isikoff claims that Fahrenheit 9/11 says that these flights out of the country took place when commercial airplanes were still grounded. The film does not say this anywhere. The film states clearly that these flights left after September 13 (the day the FAA began to slowly lift the ban on air traffic).

Moreover, in an interview with author Craig Unger, the film makes reference to the fact that these individuals were briefly interviewed before they were allowed to leave. Here is how Unger put it in a Letter to the Editor to Newsweek today (June 22, 2004):

To the Editors:

In "Under the Hot Lights," Michael Isikoff attacks Fahrenheit 9/11 by asserting that "Craig Unger appears, claiming that bin Laden family members were never interviewed by the FBI." The article then goes on to say that this assertion is false.

Unfortunately for Isikoff, I make no such statement in the movie. I do argue -- accurately -- that the bin Ladens and other Saudis were whisked out of the country without being subjected to a serious investigation. But the sequence to which Isikoff refers ends with director Michael Moore summing up my account of the bin Laden evacuation by saying, "So a little interview, check the passport, what else?" "Nothing," I respond.

It would be one thing if Isikoff had simply made an honest error; but that clearly is not the case. When he called me, I specifically told Isikoff that the evacuation process involved brief interviews of the bin Ladens which fell far short of the kind of intense criminal investigation that should have gotten underway after the murder of nearly 3,000 people. The worst crime in American history had just taken place two days earlier, and the FBI did not even bother to check the terror watch lists. Isikoff omitted all that. Instead, he put words in my mouth that are simply not in the movie.

Isikoff also wrongly asserts that the Saudi "flights didn't begin until September 14 -- after airspace reopened." In fact, as I reported in House of Bush, House of Saud, the first flight took place on September 13, when restrictions on private planes were still in place. According to the St. Petersburg Times, that flight has since been corroborated by authorities at Tampa International Airport. Isikoff knew all this. I told him. I even gave him the names of two men who were on that flight and told him how to get in touch with them. But Isikoff left all that out as well -- as he did other information that did not suit his agenda. In dismissing the Bush-Saudi ties, Isikoff even omits the fact that more than $1.4 billion in investments and contracts went from the House of Saud to companies in which the Bushes and Cheney have been key figures -- all of which is itemized in my book. Isikoff begins his article by asking, "Can Michael Moore be believed?" The real question should be whether Michael Isikoff can be believed. Clearly, the answer is no.

Craig Unger
New York City, NY

(Note: The St. Petersberg Times article to which Unger refers also states, "The 9/11 Commission, which has said the flights out of the United States were handled appropriately by the FBI, appears concerned with the handling of the Tampa flight... Most of the aircraft allowed to fly in U.S. airspace on Sept. 13 were empty airliners being ferried from the airports where they made quick landings on Sept. 11. The reopening of the airspace included paid charter flights, but not private, nonrevenue flights." Jean Heller, TIA now verifies flight of Saudis; The government has long denied that two days after the 9/11 attacks, the three were allowed to fly.
St. Petersburg Times, June 9, 2004.)

2. Carlyle and United Defense. Isikoff writes, "The movie quotes author Dan Briody claiming that the Carlyle Group 'gained' from September 11 because it owned United Defense, a military contractor. Carlyle Group spokesman Chris Ullman notes that United Defense holds a special distinction among U.S. defense contractors that is not mentioned in Moore's movie: the firm's $11 billion Crusader artillery rocket system developed for the U.S. Army is one of the only weapons systems canceled by the Bush administration."

This is completely misleading. The Crusader contract was canceled AFTER UNITED DEFENSE WENT PUBLIC, which is the entire point of the movie.

Here is what the film says: "September 11th guaranteed that United Defense was going to have a very good year. Just 6 weeks after 9-11 Carlyle filed to take United Defense public and in December made a one day profit of $237 million dollars."

This is exactly what happened, to wit:

"On a single day last month, Carlyle earned $237 million selling shares in United Defense Industries, the Army's fifth-largest contractor. The stock offering was well timed: Carlyle officials say they decided to take the company public only after the Sept. 11 attacks... On Sept. 26, [2001], the Army signed a $665-million modified contract with United Defense through April 2003 to complete the Crusader's development phase. In October, the company listed the Crusader, and the attacks themselves, as selling points for its stock offering. Mark Fineman, "Arms buildup is a boon to firm run by big guns," Los Angeles Times, January 10, 2002.

"Or its 1997 purchase of United Defense for $ 180 million. Four years later -- just before Rumsfeld canceled its Crusader howitzer program -- Carlyle took United Defense public and sold about half the stock for $ 588 million." Greg Schneider, "Connections and then some," The Washington Post, March 16, 2001

In "Crusader a Boon to Carlyle Group Even if Pentagon Scraps Project," Washington Post's Walter Pincus wrote (May 14, 2002):

Carlyle's financial success with United - and the success of others associated with the Crusader - shows how major Pentagon weapon systems can turn into cash cows. In turn, United's lobbying expenditures and campaign contributions show why they can be so difficult to kill, as Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld announced he would try to do with the Crusader last week.

'Carlyle's aggressive approach ...is one reason why the Crusader lived this long,' said Lawrence J. Korb, an assistant secretary in the Reagan Pentagon and now director of studies at the Council on Foreign Relations. Even if Rumsfeld's decision stands, Korb said, United still will have received $ 2 billion from the Crusader program and will receive substantially more to close it down.

Still, in its annual report for 2001, United announced that it had been awarded a three-year, $ 697 million contract to complete full upgrading of 389 Bradley units and had added a $ 655 million contract modification to complete the Crusader's "definition and risk-reduction phase contract," which would be worth $ 1.7 billion through 2003. Together, the Crusader and Bradley programs contributed 41 percent of United sales in 2001, the report said.

With Crusader and the Bradley upgrade in hand, a decision was made to sell United stock to the public in late 2001. In preparation, United refinanced the roughly $ 180 million it owed on the original purchase loan, securing a new $ 600 million loan and $ 200 million in revolving credit.

After the debt restructuring came the stock offering. The United offering filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission included this boilerplate caveat to potential investors: 'The Carlyle group, our other stockholders and our executive officers will realize substantial benefits from the offering.'

When it took place, in December 2001, Carlyle sold 11 million shares of the 20 million offered at $ 19 a share, receiving a total of about $ 225 million. Even so, Carlyle still owns more than 47 percent of the outstanding United shares and controls United's board of directors.

Also in late 2001, according to SEC filings, Peay and Shalikashvili were paid 'performance' bonuses, though their separate employment contracts filed with the SEC state they only are to serve as directors and receive $ 25,000 annual retainers plus stock options and reimbursed expenses. Peay received $ 160,000, and Shalikashvili $ 102,586, according to a filing with the SEC.

A United spokesman said the generals did no lobbying and that their bonuses were similar to ones given company officers based on "the performance of the company." Neither retired general responded to requests for comment. Korb, who served as a vice president at Northrup, said he had never heard of company directors receiving bonuses based on the performance of the company."

vertex
Jun 27, 2004, 10:15 AM

American public responses to the movie. It's a sell-out folks Nice one Michael.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/la...ndex.php?id=32

"Birmingham:
"Turnout was phenomenal. They were showing the film every hour on the hour in two different theaters, and were still selling out. Right before the movie the ushers came in and explained to everyone that the show would likely sell out and requested that everyone give up any unsaved seats. The place went absolutely nuts when they announced the show was going to sell out. After the announcement, everyone sort of got up in unison and consoldiated themselves into the center seats, leaving the edge seats open for latecomers. It was the sort of courtesy I'm not accustomed to seeing in theaters. The film closed to a standing ovation. While I'm certain it didn't last as long as the ovation at cannes, the fact remains that I've NEVER seen a movie received like that."--S.D."

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 10:19 AM

This is a cross-post from another F911 thread but especially applies here to the whining children who refuse to go see the movie yet quote op/eds about the film.

You know...it's funny how some of you are quoting bashing reviews and editorials to make your point about Moore. You don't think these guys have an agenda? How about taking the time out to find out which parent company owns the source you're getting your review from (be it TV, cable, radio, magazine, newspaper) and compare it to this report put out by WhiteHouseForSale.org.

When you consider that only 6 corporations control all of the media in this country (Bagdikian, 2000), and every single one is for Bush, it should be no surprise then that you're seeing/reading a lot of Moore bashing.

Here are the 10 media powerhouses (remember, there have been mergers...and some companies have shares in the others)

Click

--End Cross post--

Of course, I'm going to be shot down as some "liberal" or "democrat" by some of the truly ignorant on this board, which I'm neither of. I think both democrats and republicans are a joke, but I still loathe Bush.

I'm going to see the movie Sunday afternoon. I hate Bush AND Kerry, so don't accuse of me of being some leftist hippie. All of the flak going back and forth in this thread is EXACTLY why the two-party system is screwed up in this country. One side polarizes on an issue and the other party subsequently turns around and supports the opposite side (extreme). There's no room for the moderate or those who pick and choose issues they agree with. If you're a Republican, you better be a gun-loving, rich, white, pro-life, execution-loving capitalist. On the other hand, if you're a democrat, you better be a gun-hating, poor, pro-choice, peace pansy in the ghetto. There's no room for the middle road.

I've never seen so much goddamn anger and bitterness over a MOVIE since the Passion.
Great post. I am in the same boat as you: I desperatly want Bush out, but I know Kerry would be the same if not worse for the country, just in different ways. So I'll "waste" my vote on a 3rd party candidate and let the chips fall where they may.
It's simply hillarious to watch Dems and Reps go back and forth with each other. The Jack Ryan thing going on right now is a perfect example of the hypocracy of both major parties. Ex: Democrats are quick to look over former president clinton having an affair in the oval office, but are quick to condemn Jack Ryan for having kinky fantasies with his fox of a borg former wife. On the other hand, republicans call down the holy wrath of God on ole billy boy for cheating on Hagary Klinton, but call it "dirty politics" when juicy dirt us dug up on one of their own.
Do they realize they are basically the same party?

gatekeeper
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 27, 2004, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Mr Scruff:
If you're interested in the truth, rather than twisted partisan propaganda, you owe it to yourself to at least read an alternative point of view.

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/
Here's another one.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2004, 11:58 AM

or
or
Actually, the elections for many years were only for white landowners.

It's just a maturation of that idea.

slow moe
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2004, 12:15 PM

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/c...4-06-26&p=.htm

While still #1, F9/11's take in dropped from $8.2 million on Friday to 7.8 for Saturday. The only other movie to lose money over the two day period was 'The Notebook'.

White Chicks, Dodgeball, The Terminal, Harry Potter and the Prisoner from Azkabar, Shrek 2, Garfield: The Movie, Two Brothers, The Stepford Wives, The Day After Tomorrow, The Chronicles of Riddick, Around the World in 80 Days, and Troy all managed to increased their take in from Friday to Saturday.
Lysdexics have more fnu.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 12:58 PM

He connected the Saudi Flights with a Bush conspiracy zach.

You Mooreons and your apologetic spins.. I tell ya.
Conspiracy? What conspiracy?

You Bush lemmings and your apologetic spins...I tell ya.

slow moe
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2004, 01:27 PM

Given Moore's target audience, connecting Bush to any pre-existing conspiracy theory, and then achieving the desired effect would not be difficult.

I could make a propa-doc on how many forest have been wiped out in order to spread the Liberal agenda, and then walk away feeling just as good.
Lysdexics have more fnu.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2004, 11:03 PM

Watched it yesterday with my parents.... I love the documentary. It's a full house and applause in the end.

Way to go.. Mr. Moore.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by slow moe:
Given Moore's target audience, connecting Bush to any pre-existing conspiracy theory, and then achieving the desired effect would not be difficult.

I could make a propa-doc on how many forest have been wiped out in order to spread the Liberal agenda, and then walk away feeling just as good.
It's been doing well everywhere...both in "Red" and "Blue" areas.

ALABAMA:

Montgomery:
"We were thrilled when Rave Motion Pictures in Montgomery advertised that they would be showing it 6 times a day. My friends and I rushed to the theater to find crowds, camera crews and some disgruntled onlookers. The theater was packed, and the filmed received an uninterrupted 5-minute standing ovation at its conclusion. What a phenomenal piece of work--Michael Moore is a genius who might finally save this country from itself."--E.G.

Birmingham:
"Turnout was phenomenal. They were showing the film every hour on the hour in two different theaters, and were still selling out. Right before the movie the ushers came in and explained to everyone that the show would likely sell out and requested that everyone give up any unsaved seats. The place went absolutely nuts when they announced the show was going to sell out. After the announcement, everyone sort of got up in unison and consoldiated themselves into the center seats, leaving the edge seats open for latecomers. It was the sort of courtesy I'm not accustomed to seeing in theaters. The film closed to a standing ovation. While I'm certain it didn't last as long as the ovation at cannes, the fact remains that I've NEVER seen a movie received like that."--S.D.

Mobile:
"When I learned that Fahrenheit 9/11 would be screened in my small hometown of Mobile, AL I was surprised, but happy. I decided that I'd catch the 3:45 matinee, both because I'm broke and wanted to save some cash, but also because I thought I could beat whatever crowds there might be. My mom and I arrived at the theater about 15 minutes before the previews started, and I was flummoxed to find a nearly-full theater. Granted, it's a small theater, but it's a small town, too. There were probably around 150 people there--an amazing crowd considering that the film was being shown simultaneously on two screens in the same small multiplex. And this, of course, for a matinee on a Friday afternoon. I can't even imagine what the scene was like tonight. And once we were settled in, people kept coming, and coming, and coming. We gave up the seat between us. Then we moved further in. The people kept coming, and by the time the previews were over, only the neckache seats were free. This being south Alabama, where even the liberals are conservative, there were a lot of laughs but no cheering or clapping during the movie -- that's about par for any movie seen here. But I heard something I have NEVER heard at a movie in Mobile before, including all the "Lord of the Rings" movies -- applause. Giant, cheerful applause as the credits began to roll for a film that I was just SURE I'd have the theater to myself for."--M.T.

ARIZONA:

Phoenix:
"I�m a middle 40s woman and because the theater was FULL (afternoon matinee), I got a seat third row from the front. What was impressive were the people around me. Almost all of the first ten rows, except for one or two people like myself were about 22 or so and under! I was so glad to see the young people of Phoenix (right-wing city, USA) there, interested and concerned. Those of us in the front gave you a standing ovation! Thank you for providing an avenue to inspire younger people involved in their country and to let them know that we are all not about war!"--S.M.

Tucson:
"I organized a house party for the movie for tonight and the response was way beyond what I expected. The showing I invited people to sold out LAST NIGHT. Luckily I bought my tickets on Fandango. When I went to pick up my tickets, there was a line of 200 people waiting outside because there wasn't enough room in the theater to fit everybody. I passed out flyers to the house party and got a turnout of about 50 people. I found out that the theater sold out every showing it had today. The showing immediately after ours was finished had a huge line as well. Everyone was talking about how Bush was going to be damaged beyond repair by this film."--D.B.

CALIFORNIA:

Burlingame:
"My friends and I all viewed the film (at a matinee price) at the Burlingame Cinema in Burlingame, California in the San Fran Bay Area. All shows for the next two days are sold out already!"

Hollywood:
"We just came back from the ARCLIGHT in Hollywood and the reception was fantastic! I even got my republican father a ticket to see the movie in Orange County. Needless to say after he saw the movie he now plans to vote against the Bush. He has voted Republican since Nixon."--R.S.

Long Beach:
"I am a Letter Carrier in Huntington Beach, Calif. I RAN my route today to get to a theater to see �Fahrenheit 911.� Made it to the 4:50 p.m. Show at the Edwards 26 here in my hometown of Long Beach, Calif. BUT there were hundreds of people lined up, and the announcement was blaring that the next two shows were sold out, and that the only one left available was the 10:30 p.m. Show. A massive GROAN went out. I RAN home, and managed to get a cyber ticket to the UA Marketplace here in Long Beach for the 10:00 pm. Show...the previous two shows were sold out."--R.E.

Lafayette:
Fahrenheit sold out in advance with people lining up an hour and a half in advance to get good seats. Nearby theaters were apparantly also all sold out. "The applause during the film and afterwards warranted the 95 minute wait to get in the door. Bravo. This is the most patriotic film I have ever seen." --A.G.

Oakland:
"'Just wanted to say that we went to the showing this afternoon at the Grand Lake Theater, and it was sold out. The line stretched for blocks and, thankfully, some of the media were there to see it. It give me shivers, and it gives me hope. We do not usually choose to stand in lines, but we did for this one, and it was well worth it. The line outside the theater, just as the movie, contained people of all ages, colors, and income groups. The line was probably, sadly, lacking in Republicans, but maybe that will change. We thought about having a campaign, "Buy a Republican a ticket." Perhaps the young people are a major key - one young man told us he was buying tickets for both his parents, a Democrat and a Republican."--K.M.

Orange County:
"It seemed like an endless line of people exited the theater. Finally the staff of the theater went in to clean up. I stood by the door waiting to get in. It was around 6:00 PM and the movie was not set to start until 7:15. By 6:30, there was a huge line to get into the theater. I was amazed. This was the most crowded movie at this Orange county movie theater; for a Friday night that says a lot. When it was time to enter the theater, I made my way to the seat which would remain mine for the next 2 or so hours. Luckily I was in front of the line, so I was able to pick a good seat. A guy and his wife/girlfriend (?) sat next to me and we spent the next 20 minutes talking. During this time, every seat in the house was being filled up. Just then, the manager of the theater comes in to say that he opened up another theater. By 7:00 both theaters were full; even people in the very front where people usually don�t sit. Once the move started I was glued to the screen; I didn�t miss a single scene. The audience laughed, cried, clapped as the movie continued. When the movie finished, there was applause for about 2-3 minutes before people started leaving the theater. I have been to so many movies in my life and have never been to any film that was this crowded with so many enthusiastic viewers. I have also never heard such a loud and heartfelt applause at any movie theater." --B.D.

La Jolla:
"All shows sold out; we went to the 7 pm showing and the line was around the theater, which was the reported case for all show times that day. It's so refreshing to see so many beacons of light in this republican corner of the country."--K.K.

San Francisco:
"I found myself in my car driving home, tears uncontrollably rolling down my face. I am 40 years old, own two companies and teach part-time at a high school. I have a post graduate degree and have been a fairly educated liberal all my life. Tonight I saw nothing many things I already knew, yet how you shared your thoughts and ideas will effect me for the rest of my life. I am deeply saddened by all of this, but yet thankful for all that you have done. So many American and Iraqi lives have been given, all in the name of greed."--M.P.G.

Camarillo:
"The line for the next show when we came out went around the theatre. It was amazing. People clapped and responded to the film in unison, they cried and uttered many exclamations as the film's argument kept building. It was like each time we had just begun to digest one point, the film took the issue to even a higher level, and people were visibly CRUSHED by the end of the film. Three theatres are showing the film in our area. Shows are filled to capacity at all three."--C.H.

Fresno:
"I'm in the middle of studying for the bar exam but there was no way in hell I was missing opening day. I went to a 4pm show at one theater only to find a line wrapped about the the building and into the parking lot. Hauled ass all the way across town and made it to another showing - full house, standing ovation. Fresno, CA is LOVING this film!"--P.C.

COLORADO:

Highlands Ranch:
"Just got back from the 7:35 pm opening show for the moving in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, which is considered by many to be the Orange County of Colorado - a place where no democrat has held public office for over 20 years.... The nearly 1,000 seat movie theater was packed. People were waiting in line at 6:30 pm. Several people were trying to register voters but County Sheriff's deputies escorted people off the property. There was a standing ovation at the end and lots of clapping throughout the showing. Security staff was guarding the entrances to the movie and checking tickets upon entry. Many young people came; one person was wearing anti-Bush buttons and told to remove them by security officers."--R.L.

Boulder:
"Pleased to report that the 4 p.m. show was full. We were in the 3rd row back. The theatre is showing the film hourly, between two theatre rooms. Sold out all the way through until tomorrow. Never been in a movie where people were sniffling and outright sobbing all the way through."--P.Y.

FLORIDA:

Fort Meyers:
"You sold out FIVE performances. Ticket taker told us in his 2 years there no show had EVER sold out even ONE performance. Great film. Get together after film here - folks just standing in front of theater. I gave interview on local news (about 5 seconds worth). Said "This should be required viewing for all Americans"."--M.P.

Miami:
"We went to the 8:10 pm showing and the theatre had to set up queing lines as though we were at Disneyworld. When we emerged, the crowd waiting was of equal size, despite the fact the theatre opened up two 500-seat theatres."--A.L.

"Three generations went, my father (veteran), my 12 year old daughter, and me. It was a completely sold out theatre in Miami, FL at Aventura Mall. No parking, Long lines, that's why we ordered tickets in advanced. We were approached by a man, he was selling Bush bumper stickers. He didn't sell any...at all."--David

"The showing of the movie in Aventura Florida (June 25 5:45 PM) ended in a standing ovation. We did not want to leave our seats for a minute even though the air conditioning 'coincidentally' broke half way into the movie."--C.M.

"Hey! Fahrenheit 9/11 premiered in many local theatres near my house. I went to Shops at Sunset Place in South Miami, FL. Sadly it was only playing a few times. It was crazy! I soo wish I had brought my camara, the line went on forever. I went to the 5.20 showing which wasn't as bad. It was so awesome because it was in the huge theatre were all the big movies premiere. I think the theatre holds like 400 people. Anyway, when I left the line had begun for the 8.10 showing. That's what I really want to talk about. The line was 3 times as long as I have ever seen it, and I goto a lot of opening nights. They had actually started a second line next to the initial one because it was going out the door... It was just the most amazing spectacle!"--S.W.

Pinellas County:
"My wife and I were joined by our 19 year old son and his 80 year old grandmother. We went to the 2:30 pm show - huge crowd - packed theatre. Received well with a seven minute standing ovation at the end when Mike's named appeared on screen." --M.W.

"The 8:15 showing was sold out and they were standing in line for the next showing. My wife and I greatly enjoyed your film with a full audience. There was joy and laughter throughout the film which lead to a standing ovation at the end of the film. When we left the theater, we saw several members of various progressive groups handing out flyers. However, the off duty police officer (the Florida State Highway Patrol) told them that they were not allowed to hand out flyers in front of the theater and they had to go across the driveway to the plaza parking lot (which they did). When someone asked the officer for her name and badge number, she said her name was Florida State Highway Patrol and walked away. Then as a group of us were talking in the plaza parking lot, the other off duty police officers (Pinellas County Sheriff) came over and said that we needed to leave. They said that the management has asked them to instruct us to leave. What management? The theater appreciated our business and showed the movie so we would be there. Someone asked for their names and badge numbers and they said they would provide that information (which they never did). One of the group had a camera and pulled it out to take a picture of the police officers, but naturally, they had a call across the parking lot and batted away in their cars. I guess this is part of the patriot act that Congress didn't read."--D.C.

Tampa:
"Luckily I was on business in Tampa this week to catch the opening. I went to the first show. Let me tell you...the theater brought in extra police in case of trouble, I thought that was odd...but a good indicator of the power of the film. Everyone was laughing outloud and cheering, it was the most interactive film experience I have ever seen. A standing ovation at a movie theater...not at all what I was expecting !!"--B.G., USMC

"I was in a sold out theatre of mostly veterans and Senior citizens. The theatre was so full they had to of exceeded the fire code. The amount of people standing through out the whole movie was roughly around a third of the amount of people sitting. Including 70+ year old people. I have never seen so many people share tears with eachother since 9/11. I am a 23 year old male, who does not open up. I cried my eyes out during the whole film."--C.H.

Orange Park:
"I've been going to the theaters for years and tonight they actually had a police officer posted outside the doors checking tickets before letting people go in! I asked the management about it and they said it was because it was an R rated movie. Yet, when I checked the other theaters inside that were playing R rated movies there were no police posted outside the doors there to check tickets. So I asked the police officer if he was part of the vast right wing conspiracy trying to intimidate people so they would be reluctant to see the movie. He just smiled and said he was making an official report to the Bush team about how many were actually going to the movie. He had a good sense of humor, but he didn't have an answer to why he was in front of this movie and not the other R rated ones! Just thought you would like to know. This was at the AMC theaters in Orange Park, Florida! I went with my whole family and my sister's family. We loved it. You did a great job. The theater applauded at the close of the movie. I wish we still had reporters with enough balls to report the real news instead of the butt kissers we have now!"--S.H.

Melbourne:
"I woke up early to catch the first viewing here in Melbourne, FL at 11am. The packed theater cheered and clapped throughout the movie. So much of this I never knew or barely new anything about, thank you again. I personally was overwhelmed with emotions and moved by this that on my way out I stopped and bought three more tickets for the 4pm viewing and went home and called my parents and tried to talk them into going to see it with me at 4pm. My mother agreed to go (who yesterday the 24th told me she wasn't sure who she was voting for anymore) ... she came out of saying there was no way she would ever vote for Bush in November."--D.T.

Sunrise:
"I went to the 10:20 screening of the show at Regal Sawgrass 23 in Sunrise, FL. There were two theaters next to each other simultaneously airing the movie and both were packed. There were not enough seats in either theater, and many people crowded the aisles, standing for the entire two hours with their eyes glued to the screen. There was much laughter, tears, and applause throughout the screening. The credits were met with an enthusiastic standing ovation. When I passed out the flyers at the end, people were not, as I had anticipated, shrugging past me or reluctantly taking one out of obligation. To the contrary, they were crowding around me. There was not a single passerby who did not want one. Traffic exiting the theater was slowed significantly so that the audience could receive a copy. People were so eager, so motivated. It was beautiful to witness how driven everyone seemed. And in the end, there was not a single sheet thrown on the ground. Not inside the theater, and not in the parking lot. (I had decided on my own to risk passing out the flyers inside the theater.) With just under 100 flyers, I ran out much too quickly, and decided just to use my voice. Much to my surprise, people stopped and listened to me. I didn't get a single dirty look; Instead, people seemed so interested, ready to get deeply involved and make a change. They were asking excited questions about the town meeting, wanting to get involved. I gave them the names of the important websites."--R.E.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 11:15 PM

GEORGIA:

Atlanta:
Long lines and late night showings added to meet capacity and demand. "Opening night at the AMC Colonial 18 in Lawrenceville, GA (metro Atlanta), real police came into the building and stood in the hallway by the theater door as Fahrenheit 9/11 let out. There are 18 theaters in this cinema-plex but the other 17 (showing Garfield, Shrek 2, The Stepford Wives) had only red-coated ushers to guide people towards the exits. Those of us coming out of Fahrenheit 9/11, however, were met by the police. I wonder what they were expecting us to do?!"--D.S.

"The theatre (AMC Mansell Crossing 14) had 6 lines open; ususally there are only 2 on a friday night. the movie sold out 10 minutes before the 10pm showing."--S.L.

Marietta:
"There was tremendous positive response not only at the end but throughout the picture. There was even a prolonged standing ovation that continued to the end of the credits. Also I dont think there was a a dry eye in the house."--C.D.

ILLINOIS:

Chicago:
"Not knowing if there would be a line, I showed up about two hours before the box office opened. So after I returned from walking around the neighborhood for a while, I discovered that there was a line, a pretty respectable one at that. And the box office still wouldn't open for another half hour. The theater in the Century Mall is on the third level. The mall is composed of an interior atrium, with the stores around the circumference. There are stairs, ramps and escalators leading all the way up, as well as elevators. When I walked out after the movie, there was a line leading down the ramps, about half-way to the ground level. At the presentation I attended, there wasn't an empty seat to be found, so I'm sure that the next showing would have some people turned away. I also know that the evening performances had already been completely sold out."--D.L. USAF (ret.)

Wheeling:
"The last time I had to stand in line inside the theater lobby before a movie was when Star Wars opened in the mid-seventies. There was much concern expressed by those around me that we would not all find seats. A few people there were my age (52), but the great majority were in their teens and early twenties...something I had not expected. Before the film began, a young man got up and announced a "Get rid of Bush" rally tomorrow at a local park...I did not catch the name of the organization sponsoring it, but it was definitely a student group. I was apprehensive about being able to watch the film in a room full of "rowdy" students, but my fears were unfounded. The young lady beside me laughed and cried at the same places I did. An unexpected benefit of your work, Mr. Moore...you seem to have found a common ground for the generations. At the end of the movie, spontaneously, about 80 percent of us began to applaud. It seemed that everyone in the room was feeling exactly the same way. The last time I experienced that was in 1969 when I saw The Graduate. I turned off the radio on my drive home and just thought about everything I had seen."--K.S.

Carbondale:
"Tonight, for the first time ever, I found myself clapping along with a packed house at the end of a movie."--K.S.

Peoria:
"What a great film, the audience laughed, cried and apllauded in unison. With a standing ovation at the end."--R.S.

INDIANA:

Evansville:
"I have been to other movies on their first night showings in Evansville, Indiana before, but I have NEVER seen it PACK a theater before! There were NO seats empty at the 6:50 showing, and the line for the 10:00 show was outside the theater. You would have been proud. The crowd cheered at the end of the MOVIE! I did not believe my ears." --W.E.

Indianapolis:
"After the film, as my partner, a friend and I were leaving the theater, I overheard a high school aged employee talking about "security". I stopped and asked the kid to confirm what I thought I had heard. Yes, as it turned out, there was an armed police officer on the premises during the screening of the film. The young man informed me that it was for our protection, "in case anyone started yelling" or causing a disturbance. Dryly, I replied that I could see how that would be a concern. He then informed me that the only other time the theater had had armed security was during the opening of Eminem's 8 Mile. Later, I went back to the theater to purchase advance tickets for my parents, and My brother and his wife. All other shows today had sold out, and the box office was turning people away."--M.C.

"Saw your film tonight in a sold out theatre. First movie I've seen in a long time that the audience applauded at the end, not to mention several times during the movie."--A.P.

Portage:
"Just wanted to report how amazed I was at the Portage, IN showing of Farenheit 911. The scene was similar to pictures you have of lines stretched around the theatre. All of this in a small town in Indiana! What was most impressive was the crowd. The crowd had to match the demographic of America as perfectly as possible. All races, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds. I expected a "liberal" looking crowd - whatever that means. But I was SHOCKED to see the perfect blend of American society that viewed the film."--J.R.

IOWA:

Ames:
"In Ames, Iowa, (home of Jane Smiley's "Moo U," conservative Iowa State University) the two evening showings hosted lines down the street. The theater was packed, buzzing. Two young men made sure we knew they were registering people to vote afterwards. We've recently moved to town and I met new people just by sitting next to them.

The show was amazing, moving, and often hard to watch. I cried so hard so many times. Thank you for this film. But thank you also for giving us something to rally behind. I haven't seen so many people looking so hopeful in a long time. We all looked down at the long, long line, and we all figured out the same thing at the same time: this will end. This horrible lie we have been delivered in this administration, this plague -- it will go away, because in Ames, Iowa, in tiny little Ames, Iowa, a show about how wrong our country has gone packed the house. Twice in one night. And think of all the people we will tell, and how many will go see it after tonight.

For a year I've felt like I've been spat on for wondering if the administration lied about a war, about so many things. Tonight was hard, and I'm in pain, but I also have hope. I'm not just not alone, I'm surrounded by people wondering the same thing. Somehow we can dig out of this. Somehow -- we've got to. We just have got to."--H.C.

Cedar Rapids:
All shows at the Collins Road Theater were sold out, and likely will sell out again tomorrow.

KANSAS:

Overland Park:
"I went to the 7:15pm show in Overland Park, KS (Town Center 20). As you probably know, Kansas (and in particular here in Johnson County) is very, very conservative. Initially there was 1 screen to show the movie, when I bought the tickets yesterday (Thursday). At 7:00 pm the one screen was sold out and another screen had been added. The 9:45 pm show was not sold out on its one screen at that point. When we left the theater, I checked the 9:15pm show. It was sold out and now a second screen was opened up for 9:45pm."--B.P.

LOUISIANA:

New Orleans:
"Fahrenheit 9/11 was totally sold out on all showings at the one downtown theater which has it currently."--V.W.

MARYLAND:

Annapolis:
"My friends and I just came back from Crown Theatres in Annapolis, where the movie quickly sold out, and folks were lined up to see it." S.H.

Frederick:
"I attended the screening with my mother, who currently works for Homeland Security, and my father, retired US Army who served two tours in Vietnam. We were all deeply effected by your film. I've been a big fan over the years, and this was the one film I've been waiting for (Spiderman 2, get out of the way, yours is the must-see this summer). The Right-wing attack machine was wrong. It wasn't left-leaning nut jobs in the theatre. I saw families, couples, Americans of all ages (from kids prime for the draft, to an elderly couple that hobbled in on walkers). At the end of the film, you received a hearty round of applause from this cross section of the country. Something my father said as we left the theatre. He was on the National Mall last week, and a college student asked him to sign a petition to remove the President from office. My father thought that was a rude thing to ask and declined to sign. Leaving the theatre today, he was ready to sign. One vote at a time, one drop at a time, will lead to the wave that will wash Mr. Bush back to Texas for good."--S.B.

MASSACHUSETTS:

Boston:
"I arrived at 4:30 to a crowd of several hundred people waiting in line to get in, and several hundred more looking for tickets. I stood in line for roughly 15 minutes as more and more people arrived. Your film, of course, was unbelievable, and I had the privilege of laughing, crying, and experiencing it all with 600 fellow Americans. It was everything I hoped it would be and more, and for that I thank you deeply and from the bottom of my heart. Your patriotism and pride are what will bring this country out of the darkness Bush has deserted us in. On exiting the theatre, I discovered a crowd of nearly 1,000 outside, and heard the news that the 7:30, 10:30, and newly added midnight showing had all sold out already."--P.V.

Cambridge:
"At the 640pm showing of F911 in the Lowes in Harvard Square tonight, a manager (?) of the theater made an announcement that the show was sold out and that every seat would be used. He also susprised the audience by saying that he heard that the last price he heard for tickets outside the theater was $40. What was even more surprising is that I didn't see anybody get up and leave to try to sell their ticket to someone outside who was willing to pay slightly over 4x the normal admission fee!"--P.J.

Dedham:
"But in Dedham, Massachusetts the line stretched for blocks-I've never seen anything like that there-a very pleasant surprise."--T.R.

North Attleboro:
"Went to the 7:10p showing and there wasn't a seat to be found - you sobered a lot of people in the audience tonight, including myself. At the end you got a nice heartfelt round of applause. I did notice that masses finest were on hand outside afterwards, presumably to 'keep the peace.'"

MICHIGAN:

Grand Blanc:
"We live in one of the suburbs of Flint, Michigan and attended the opening at Showcase East in Flint. What a great, thought provoking movie!! Everyone should see this movie and my family and I will be urging all of our friends and neighbors to see it. We also come from a "military family" and enjoyed the part in the movie about the "stalking" recruiters. Just before our youngest son enlisted, his recruiter went a step further than the recruiters dipicted in the movie. My son's recruiter showed up at his graduation party to hand out recruiting brochures to our guests and when we moved to a new house shortly after, he actually spent a whoe day helping us move!"--D.H.

MINNESOTA:

Minneapolis:
"A small, 5 screen theater, the Lagoon, devoted three screens to the film. Even with this many screens, every showing of the night sold out. Not only that, but due to Movietickets.com over booking advance tickets to the theater, a large, single screen theater, the Uptown, opened it�s doors to the film to the estimated 100 over booked movie-goers and allowing an additional 400 to enjoy the film. Fahrenheit 9/11 received a standing ovation from the crowd of the Uptown."--B.W.

MISSOURI:

"Movie sold out today and tomorrow at the Chase Park Plaze here in St Louis. 9 showings per day starting at noon and midnight showings just added for Fri and Sat nights. Much enthusiam and support from the audience. Applause at the end of the show and also at the part about Ashcroft being defeated by a dead man." --L.S.

"Columbia, Missouri (just north of the state capital) has an interesting mix of college liberals (students at the University of Missouri, like me) and Bible-belt conservatives. I have lived in Missouri (St. Louis and Columbia) all my life. The film has a bit of a local connection in its mention of John Ashcroft�s loss to the late Mel Carnahan for the Senate seat. I thought you�d be happy to know that on the voiceover �The voters of Missouri picked the dead man,� the only theater in Columbia to show the film burst into wild applause, laughter, and cheers. It was very moving to see that kind of solidarity from a group of total strangers in a movie theater. This was no political rally; there was no common political or ideological belief binding the members of the audience. It was the kind of spontaneous, unanimous outcry that is truly amazing."--D.M.

NEW JERSEY:

Hamilton:
"The movie got a standing ovation; I had goose bumps all over my entire body!! Anyone in their right mind who sees this movie will not vote for that joke of a president. Thanks for "going against the establishment" Michael; as Madonna said last week!! Love, a new young fan of yours, Jena!!"

Hackettstown:
"Full house-and this is in MAJOR REPUBLICAN AREA. When we left, lines were crazy to get in... it was actually moving to see so many people - OF ALL AGES, waiting in coiling lines to get in. At the end, the crowd was cheering."--K.F.

"This is a largely Republican rural county in northwest NJ, and the lines to see the early show were out the door. But the best part is, the crowd at this showing was so large that the theatre cancelled Shrek 2 next door and showed 9/11 instead!"--L.S.

Washington Twp:
"When it was over, people were cheering and clapping and giving a standing ovation. The theater was packed and as we left, the line was out the door of people waiting to get in to see it. People were standing around outside discussing the movie and plotting how they can work to ensure Bush is not re-elected. I have never seen a response from the movie-going public like this before."--P.F-R.

Vineland:
"Opening night very disappointing. Didn't buy advance tickets and show sold out. Line was around building waiting for tickets!!!! More theaters need to show this movie, especially in rural areas!"--D.B.

NEW MEXICO:

Albuquerque:
"We arrived around 45 minutes early to the 4:55 showing Friday, with a line already forming. The movie was packed, and I can tell you that it was phenomenal. Lots of applause at many points, standing ovation at the end, and countless other moments that are being duplicated throughout the nation. What really hit home to me, however, was the fact that you touched my friends. They may still be Republican, but they are reconsidering voting for Bush. As I told them, the opinions may be yours, but the facts are irrefutable and hold true. We laughed, cried, and were inspired. Thank you. Oh yes, it should be noted. Leaving the theater, I saw the longest line I've ever seen for your movie at the 7:00 showing. Yes, longer than all three Lord of the Rings films and the Matrix films."--B.A.

NEW YORK:

Albany:
"I attended the very first showing today at the Crossgates Mall Cinema in Guilderland, New York, just outside of Albany. The theater was absolutely packed for the 12:50 p.m. showing. It was wonderful to experience this film with so many kindred spirits. Emotions ran high throughout the screening as people, laughed, cried, burst into applause and respectfully remained silent at various points in the film. As Fahrenheit 9/11 concluded, the audience erupted in cheers and I yelled "Bravo to Michael!" I can't remember the last time something like this happened at a movie theatre."--E.G.

Brooklyn: "I saw it at the Rose Cinema in Fort Greene in Brooklyn -- because it was sold out in the rest of New York -- and the house was packed. I used to live in New York, but moved away years ago, so I wasn't in the city on Sept 11, but as I'm sure you can guess, there was a kind of gripping feeling sitting in the room with so many people who remembered the way the city was when the towers came down."--M.E.H.

Rochester: "In Rochester, N.Y. the early show at the Little Theater was sold out this morning. Tickets for the 9:20 show went on sale at 6 and were sold out by 6:10. So my friend (who missed the tickets by one person) and I attempted to get tickets for the 7:20 show in Pittsford. Also sold out. We then booked on Fandango for Webster for the 7:45, and got there before that too, sold out."

"I was the "chaperone" tonight for my 16 year-old son and 10 of his friends. It was their idea -- I went with their group to make SURE they got in. I want to let you know that the discussion among them, standing in front of the theater after the film, was about how you can register to vote, if you could register ahead of time before your 18th birthday, and if not, how close to the election date could you register. I think that's fantastic! Made my heart sing!"--S.C.

"I sat in a packed theater that was packed with wealthy people from all over the eastside of Rochester, NY. This rich, conservative, white audience broke into applause several times during the screening. Thunderous applause rose up at the end. I WAS AMAZED. We walked out, quietly, but excited about what to do next. We were greeted by lines of people crushing in to see the next show. Something wonderful in happening here."--C.C.

Syracuse:
"Im not sure if they sold out, but the line stretched all the way down the block, and was by far the most people I have seen waiting for a film at this place. I didn't get to see how many were inside or find out if it was a sell-out, Im going tomorrow for the Peace Council Benefit."--D.E.

Nyack:
"I believe my 4:15 movie at the Palisades Theater in Nyack, New York was sold out (it may have been close to sold out). At the end of the film (and several times during it) the audience applauded."

NEVADA:

Reno:
"We decided to see the 11:30am matinee as we thought our chances of getting a seat for an earlier show would be better. As we walked into the theatre we were surprised to see that it was nearly filled to capacity, in one of the theater's largest rooms. People cheered and clapped all through the film. We all had a blast!"--P.W.

NORTH CAROLINA:

Durham:
"Fahrenheit 9/11 opened at The Carolina Theatre of Durham, downtown Durham's only historic movie palace to TWO solds-out shows with crowds of avid fans. 1006 fans per show clapped and cheered and gave the film two standing ovations. We had to add an additional show at 11:30 pm to accommodate everyone standing in line in the rain and scorching heat and humidity."--Elisabeth Branigan, The Carolina Theatre.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2004, 11:17 PM

OHIO:

Bexley:
"Great documentary. The Drexel Theatre in Bexley, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, was sold out for all evening performances Friday. It was a somber crowd exiting the theatre, although applause was loud at the end, and during several scenes." --R.D.

Cincinnati:
"The film showed in one auditorium only... and every seat was taken... all the other auditoriums were half-full at best.... After we had tickets in hand, it took 20 minutes just to get into the auditorium and get a seat. I've waited in line for movie tickets before... I've never waited in line to get a seat! ...The scheduled start time was 9:45PM... it was 10:20 PM when the opening / previews started. We got out of the theater at 12:30 AM... there was another huge line waiting to get their seats." --M.G.

"I wasn't expecting too many folks to come out to the 4:00 show, being that most people are still at work--- but the matinee show that i saw was well attended-- and the people coming out of the 11:00 a.m. Show were telling everyone-- people they didn't know (myself being one of them)--- to go see Farenheit 9/11. By the time my show had let out, i noticed that the theater (AMC, Newport on the Levee) had opened a second house and there was a line forming for the next show; which was the 7:00 p.m. and was sold out! This kind of thing dosn't happen here, especially on the same night as a Reds game. The local NBC station (channel 5) was there--- the piece wasn't very long--but they came out to film the line which i consider PROGRESS."--D.E.

Columbus:
"I went to AMC Easton in Columbus, OH, and after getting in the movie i saw a thing that i never, but never saw before in my entire life, and belive me, i go to movies a lot, i mean a lot, almost every week. Police officers were inside the room where the movie was going to be shown, i don't really know the reason why. Almost all the seats where taken and i never saw such a commotion with a movie, it was more like a follow through, applause were given at almost every sentence spoken, and sometimes scenes just made your hair stand up."--G.L.

Cuyahoga Falls:
"My wife and I had to drive an hour to see you film since it is not playing anywhere near us(Youngstown, Ohio). We went to a 4:30 showing and the theater was packed! Afterward people were milling around discussing the movie."--J.W.

OKLAHOMA:

Oklahoma City:
"The mega theater currently is showing 13 films, several showing in more than one theater at a time. But the only line that stretched out the door and into the parking lot was for the single theater showing of Fahrenheit 9/11. After leaving the theater, I passed another long line waiting to get into the next showing. Even here in Oklahoma, you are making an impact! After the movie, it was great to behold the number of people standing around the theater after watching the movie, talking about the movie. You certainly worked a lot harder than Bush has this year, and I hope your film wakes this nation up finally to what has been going on. Shame on our American media for failing to bring this kind of reporting to the public."--M.A.

TENNESSEE:

Nashville:
"We thought the show would be sold out all day, but thought that we should give Fandango a shot. We got the last pair of tickets for the entire day. Greenhills Regal Cinema informed us that all tickets were sold out for all 5 shows by 1pm. A record high. There were crowds of all walks of people, gathered together, talking with each other very friendly outside of the theater waiting for the 11am showing to unload.... There was a standing ovation for you at the show, I'll have you know. I wish you could have been there to be honored. I've been telling all of my friends to vote and how important it is for everyone to vote, and now after seeing this movie, I think that they are so pissed off and disgusted, they are going to actually go to the court house with me on Election Day!" Karen, 21.

TEXAS:

College Station:
"I am in College Station Texas, home of A&M, the heart of Aggieland. We have a street named after George Bush and a building named after Barbara. My husband and I had no party, we werent apart of any large gathering. But we went Friday afternoon. Mr. Moore the place was packed, there were even one or two people sitting on the floor! When we left the first evening show already had a very long line, and there was even a tv camera out front. And I, originally from the north, had worried about the films reception. We all laughed and cried, applauded and gasped together. I have seen all of your movies, and I honestly knew most of the facts about 911 and Bush that you shared with us. But the way you put it together, your humor and your humanity, your integrity and dedication to the truth....this has touched us all. This is the best thing you have ever done. Your movie will be a hugely contributing factor to this administrations downfall, and for that I thank you more than I can ever truly express. Seeing your movie hurt my heart, but that kind of jarring is just what this nation needs."--R.

Houston:
"Living in Houston, heart of "BUSH Country", my whole family, including in-laws piled into 3 cars and went to the opening to support Fahrenheit 911. We were surprised to find the showing sold out at the first theatre, but managed to find seats at the second we tried. We LOVED the movie, which gave us real hope that freedom and democracy will return to this Great Country in November. The audience gave a long ovation at the end."--J.P.

"I attended tonight in Southeast Houston (home of Enron, Haliburton, & George Bush Sr) and the showing was full, as well as the one before and after! Groups supporting Richard Morrison (Tom Delay's Democratic opponent), members of MoveOn.org and area peace groups are attending. At least one-quarter of the attendees were wearing blue shirts (after receiving emails from MoveOn to wear blue so we'd know each other). People were walking in and reacting with amazement and pleasure at the long lines of people waiting for the movie! Leaving, people were openly speaking about how glad they were that the movie was made."--P.W.

"I cut out from work early today here in Houston, TX to check out the 4:30 screening at the Landmark River Oaks. On the way out there was a guy from fox news that asked if we wanted to comment on the movie. I said my piece and then he talked to my fiance�, Amy. We figured with the hundreds and hundreds of people turning out there was no way we�d make it on the evening news�just felt like speaking our minds. Then we thought �wonder if they�ll quote us accurately, I mean, it IS FOX..�. Sure enough we turned on Fox News at 9 and there were three comments shown. Mine came first, then my Amy�s and another woman after that. Amy said I didn�t sound funny and actually made sense. So, I saw a great movie and got my mug on TV speaking my mind about a politically charged issue for the first time in my life. All in all, a great day."--B.S.

Dallas:
"My family and I went to the 7:50 showing at Grapevine Mills in Grapevine. There were a few theaters to choose from, but I wanted to be with the biggest crowd possible on this one (I normally avoid crowds like the plague), and this was the biggest. The show was sold out, and the audience cheered and appluaded all the way through. In fact I need to see it again to catch some comments you made, as I couldn't hear over the cheering. Some were crying by the end as well, I found it difficult to hold back the tears myself when the Iraqi woman was screaming for God to destroy out homes."--D.S.

"I have good news from North Texas, the famed Bush country. I live in Denton, Texas and attended the 11:20 a.m. showing of your film at the Grapevine Mills mall in Grapevine, Texas. The show was nearly sold out. At the end of it, the entire audience gave a standing ovation for nearly five minutes. Applause actually broke out twice during the film, but the end simply blew the roof off the place. The second showing I attended was at the same theatre, but at 5:00 p.m. I brought friends, several kicking and screaming. Thankfully, I bought tickets online. If I had not, we wouldn't have been able to get in as the show sold out. In fact, the remaining six shows for the evening (three per screen) had sold out by 4:30 that afternoon. At the end of my second, sold-out screening, the audience again gave a standing ovation. You have touched a nerve, Mr. Moore."--S.W

"I was surpised to see so many people in a theatre on a weekday afternoon. I live outside Dallas...definitely Bush territory. Throughout the movie, you could literally feel the tension growing in the theatre--people were glued to the screen. When the scene of Mr. Moore asking that first Congressman to send his own children to Iraq appeared, the audience burst into applause. There were several more times when the audience clapped after that. At the end, the audience clapped for at least one minute as the credits rolled. I have never experienced that before. As I left the theatre, a woman was handing out cards asking people for their opinions. Everyone, I mean everyone, grabbed one and filled it out. I asked a couple of people what they thought of the film. Every person there shared my feelings about the film--they loved it. They were shocked by it but were glad to know the truth."--T.B.

Fort Worth:
"I had to drive two hours to see the movie in Fort Worth; you see I live in North Texas just below Oklahoma. I've never seen a standing ovation in a theater in my life! Every time one of the people who were interviewed said something that was totally moving, people clapped and cheered like they were at a football game. The only thing that bothered me was as I was leaving there were about 10 to 20 police officers waiting for the reaction of the rowdy crowd that was watching the movie."--R.

Austin:
"Just a quick FYI that all theaters in Austin, TX were soild out all day, and have already sold out most time for Saturday -- Sunday tickets are selling quickly. My wife and I were first in line for the 5:10 show at the Arbor and the line went out the door, where people had to stand in the pouring rain. Standing ovations when the mvie was done. TV newscasters (channel 5, at least) could not find a single person who did not love the movie."--B.W.

"The movie started out on two screens, but sold out. The theatre kept adding screens until the movie was showing on seven of the theater's twelve screens! I don't have pictures, unfortunately, but the crowds and lines were amazing. I got there an hour before my 10:20pm showing, and there was already a huge line in front of me of people waiting. When I had bought the ticket, there was only one screen at 10:20pm. When I arrived, there were four screens showing the film at 10:20pm. Tomorrow, they're going to be showing the film on eight screens total. It might be interesting to contact the manager of the AMC Barton Square theater in Austin, TX and get their side. I don't think I've seen crowds like that there, ever."--P.B.

VIRGINIA:

Alexandria:
"I did not have a ticket when I arrived to the theater and every show was sold out! I met up with some people who were there selling bumper stickers to raise money for voter registration in battleground states. They had an extra ticket and shared it with me to go see the movie. I supported their cause by buying some "Re-defeat Bush" paraphenalia including a "Re-defeat Bush" condom (so we don't get screwed again!). I also signed up to help them register voters in battleground states. It was great! I started the night out with no friends to speak of and no movie ticket, and I ended up seeing your movie and meeting some other people like myself, who really want to make a positive change in this country. I also thought the movie was fantastic. It was very informative and enlightening. A crowded roomful of strangers, some unhappy with Bush and unsure of the direction our country is headed in, came together as individuals to see what this movie was about and left energized, cheering and talking to each other...and hopefully willing to do something about it!"--C.M.

Roanoke:
"It is currently 12:55am and I have just got home from seeing the 10pm showing of Fahrenheit 9/11. I purchased my tickets at 8:30 pm, at that time the only show left was the 10pm. I showed up at the theater at 8:40. The lobby was completely packed. There were hordes of people pouring out of the door. Still more, standing in the pouring rain. I was one of those people in the rain. I stood in the rain from 9:40pm until 10:15om, until they were able to get us seated. I came to find out that the movie had sold out shortly after I bought my tickets. Every seat was full and there were some people even sitting on the floor. I absolutely adore this movie. And I say to anyone, you cannot walk away from this movie without being effected. Even if you close your ears to all the facts, the images will live with you forever. I was moved to tears many times. And at the end of the movie there was an ovation from everyone in the theater." --S.P.

Fairfax City:
"There were huge crowds; the film was sold out. There were people registering voters, and people soliciting campaign volunteers. This is democracy in action. As a Gulf War combat veteran, I thank you for telling the truth. I�d give your film a five-star rating. Thank you especially for dedicating the film to our Nation�s soldiers who have fallen in Bush�s senseless slaughter. Thank you for remembering them. I present this simple message to you while you have 15 minutes in the limelight: register voters, then get them to the polls. Remove the unelected Bush, then end the war."--P.S.

Virginia Beach:
"The first thing I noticed about the theater during my early show was the diversity of people there. All ages, from teens to 70's, and many different cultures. It was unreal. The theater was packed full, even during the early hour. During the movie there was laughing, crying, and plenty of silence, especially when the brave mother, Lila, was visiting the White House. At the end, there was literally thunderous applause.... We were so surprised and pleased to see such an amazing turnout, especially here in the Norfolk area, with such a high military population. We ourselves are a military family, and my husband is currently serving in the Navy, as he has for the last 14 years. But we have always enjoyed Mr. Moore's point of view and usually agree with him. We wish more people would put thought into who they vote for, instead of just following the crowd."--S.M.

Northern Virginia:
"My friends and I drove around to 8 different theaters in Northern Virginia (Arlington, Metro DC area) with over 25 screens showing your movie and every one was sold out, even the ones that showed at 1:30 and 2:00 am. There were lines wrapped completely around buildings and blocks and there were groups at each location registering people to vote and passing out flyers."--R.W.

Arlington:
"As a physician, navy doctor, and government employee. I applaud your film. It made me cry, laugh, and angry.... Sadly, I will leave this government as a highly respected official if he is reelected - it will be too dangerous to represent this country overseas... I applaud you Mike, and God bless for telling the story that I've known for nearly 4 years."

WASHINGTON, DC

Huge lines reported in Georgetown will all showing sold out through 1:30 AM show.
Get the picture? Read more here.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2004, 12:21 AM

I saw on opening night (sold out for all shows including the 12:30 am late night showing, thankfully I was able to snag tix online earlier in the day). I was back in my hometown (very small, very republican, and very pro-military) at the time. The crowd cheered at the end of the flick and I noticed a handful of people leaving the theater who appeared to be in the military or ex-military by their dress.

Though I'm sure the debate on this movie will split almost precisely along the lines of political beliefs, here are a couple of quick thoughts I have on the movie's effectiveness as a movie.

As some reviewers have mentioned, its probably the tightest Moore flick yet as far as substantiating the claims he makes. Quite a bit of the "story" is built directly from the horse's mouths -- footage of what administration officials have actually said on the record. He does a good job of staying on theme as well regarding the War on Terror, the Iraq invasion, and the possible agendas for personal/family business gain from a war with Iraq and doesn't allow the movie to stray off into other anti-Bush topics that have no bearing on the Iraq situation.

Least effective part(s). I don't personally care for MM .. any time he get's his fat head in front of the camera, the story degenerates, IMO. Thankfully, the trailer scenes that many of us had already seen where he asking congress people to sign up their children to go fight and reading the Patriot Act from his ice cream truck are pretty much the worst of it. His questioning of congressmen really doesn't serve any purpose or make much of a point. I mean, 140k soldiers there that means approximately 1 in 2000 Americans. If we were to randomly pick 535 parents with children, how many would have a child who was serving there ? My guess would be that it would not be drastically different proportionally than the numbers from Congress. If it is, then he should've presented that information rather than just leaving the impression of gross disparity.

Most effective parts. The footage of soldiers, businessmen, and people in the administration pretty much explicitly stating the theme of the movie ... that there seems to have been a real agenda to get hands on Iraq despite what best information was telling us about their role in international terrorism and WMD. The footage of Condi Rice and Colin Powell dismissing Iraq as threat in the middle of 2001 stands in stark contrast to what they were saying just one year later.

Most inspiring moment (for me, anyway). The early footage of Al Gore stating that though he disagrees with the Supreme Court's decision, he will abide by it. Followed by an amazing scene in the US congress where house member after house member from Florida takes the floor to (sometimes almost tearfully) contest the results of the Florida balloting. Gore, as president of the senate and outgoing VP presides and asks each one, in turn, "Do you have the required endorsement of just one single senator ?" (which none did) and then asks them to please sit down as, according to law, their appeal will not be heard. Quite an impressive display of statesmanship, IMO, coming from the guy on who's behalf they were making the appeal. Contrast this to the scene of Bush on an airplane being asked about if he thinks FL will end up as a win for him after the recount to which he responds something like "Oh, it'll be a win for us ... you can write that one down" and cuts a glance and a wry smile over to his brother (governor of FL) who is seated beside him.
( Last edited by Krusty; Jun 28, 2004 at 12:49 AM. )

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 01:01 AM

Popularity is hardly a measure of excellence of content. There will always be wolves, and there will always be sheep.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by greenamp:
Popularity is hardly a measure of excellence of content. There will always be wolves, and there will always be sheep.
So how do you think excellence of content should be measured?

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 02:10 AM

I caught the 1:30 matinee showing in Burbank and was surprised that it still managed to sell out. It was a packed house. I saw a few people get up and leave during the movie. At the end, the entire theater erupted in applause. There were obvious signs of anger and disgust toward Bush from the audience in some parts of the film.

The weakest scenes:
(1) Moore spent waaaay too much time with the dead soldier's mother in Flint. There's only so much you can show of someone grieving their lost one, and MM may have taken it overboard IMO.

(2) The ice cream truck scene was also pointless.

The strongest scenes:

(1) The footage of Gore maintaining professionalism while rep after rep stepped up to the microphone in his support was powerful when compared to the childish antics of Bush in the plane with his brother Jeb about winning the election. Although Gore knew that he should have won, he was the better man in maintaining order in the senate chambers and conceding the election.

(2) When the mother was at the White House looking at photos. The (obviously Republican) nitwit had a nerve to tell her that her child wasn't "the only one to die." A grumble among the audience was heard in response to that remark.

Overall, the movie did little to change my views about Bush (I already hate the guy). Some of the footage was familiar (e.g. the Iraqis getting blown up by the Apache, the "Fool Me Once" screw-up, etc.), so I wasn't really caught off guard much. What disappointed me was that Moore offered very little, if any, suggestion as to what to do in response to Bush's failures (especially the elementary school visit...eg what should have Bush done?).

The beheading incident was blown way out of proportion. You can barely see the beheading taking place if you knew where to look on the screen.

Last, nowhere in the movie did Moore mention or suggest that Bush personally ordered the flights to Saudi Arabia. Whoever came up with that BS needs to get off their high horse and go see the movie instead of spewing misleading drivel.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 02:32 AM

Originally posted by greenamp:
that is soooooo weak.

i am sure the judges at the cannes filmfestival don't know anyhting about movies...

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2004, 03:34 AM

Just as a little side note, from the L.A. Daily News
Audiences were polled in 15 different cities including New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, and cities in Florida and North Carolina. Of those polled, 91 percent rated the movie "excellent," with 93 percent calling it a "definite recommend." Ticket buyers were evenly split between males and females, and the audience was predominantly over the age of 25, with the biggest numbers coming in the 25- to 34-year-old demographic.
Looks like people at least think its a quality flick ...

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Jun 28, 2004, 03:48 AM

[BOverall, the movie did little to change my views about Bush (I already hate the guy). Some of the footage was familiar (e.g. the Iraqis getting blown up by the Apache, the "Fool Me Once" screw-up, etc.), so I wasn't really caught off guard much. What disappointed me was that Moore offered very little, if any, suggestion as to what to do in response to Bush's failures (especially the elementary school visit...eg what should have Bush done?).[/B]
That is Michael Moore style. His first film Roger & Me did nothing to change the poverty cosuming Flint, MI. It is actually worse there today than when he made his film. Similarly, Bowling for Columbine had no answer to the gun violence that is rampant in America. It seems that no one can figure out why we need to shoot everyone! Fahrenheit 9/11 is the same way; and after seeing this movie, which I was incredibly optimistic about, I left the theater a little disgusted.

I feel that Michael Moore used a few cop-out techniques to move the audience. The repetetive editing of Bush's misquotes and stumbles is the equivalent of a one line joke. So was the redneck music that was used several times during the film. Michael also narrates a few simple jokes to make the movie humorous at times. More one liners...

The family who lost their son is obviously very sad. I cannot imagine that it must be like to find out a family member has been killed in this 'Wag.'

I am not saying that Bush is a great president or that the Iraq situation is necessary, but this film is not the right way to go about a 'regime change.' Fahrenheit 9/11 was the equivalent of the eggs that were thrown at the Presidential Motorcade when Bush drove up to the White House.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 07:55 AM

It is a documentary which is supposed to show things of interest to the filmaker not a series of answers for those who do not want to hear them.

It is very briliantly done and I have learned a lot. I knew that Bush stole the election but I did not know to what point. Also, it shows a president with no purpose and not interested in making things better for his people so he finds something to do invade another country. I thought it was very interesting that the man who orchestrated the murders of over 3,000 people run free because the white house let them go free.

For every important decision made at the white house, the president knows about it and if he doesn't know what is he doing there??

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2004, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by MOTHERWELL:
That is Michael Moore style. His first film Roger & Me did nothing to change the poverty cosuming Flint, MI. It is actually worse there today than when he made his film. Similarly, Bowling for Columbine had no answer to the gun violence that is rampant in America.
Since when is a film supposed to CHANGE things? Films are there to entertain. Documentary films are there to entertain while educating. Roger & Me certainly educated a lot of people about a town that most people didn't know existed. And if there's one film that's synonymous with educating people about guns in the US, it's Bowling for Columbine.

Given that Fahrenheit 911 is top of the box office breaking records for documentary films, there are a lot of people who are not only being educated but getting 90 minutes of entertainment out of it.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2004, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by MOTHERWELL:
I am not saying that Bush is a great president or that the Iraq situation is necessary, but this film is not the right way to go about a 'regime change.'
What IS the right way to go about regime change if not criticising the regime through a documentary film???

I find it bizarre that some people think that illegally invading a sovereign nation, killing 10,000 innocent people, disrupting electricty and water and sewerage supplies (which are still not back up to pre-war levels) and installing your own puppet government is an acceptable way to go about regime change, but making a film about what is happening in the world is not.

bleuvixen
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2004, 08:56 AM

Let's ignore the fact that Farenheit is in just 868 theatres while the rest of the movies quoted are in TRIPLE that amount.

http://movieweb.com/movies/box_office/

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2004, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by bleuvixen:
Let's ignore the fact that Farenheit is in just 868 theatres while the rest of the movies quoted are in TRIPLE that amount.

http://movieweb.com/movies/box_office/
I'd love to know which of those that won't show Fahrenheit 911 did show The Passion of Christ!

bleuvixen
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2004, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Troll:
I'd love to know which of those that won't show Fahrenheit 911 did show The Passion of Christ!
The only ones that showed Farenheit were Rave Motion Pictures and smaller independent theatres.

The major ones did not show it, we have Regal, Nova and BMC which all showed the passion.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Troll:
With the exception of the small theaters... it's normally not up to the facility to decide.

Normally it's a contract with the distributor, a multi-year agreement, which puts all movies released in theaters, but also provides a good rate...

that's why some theaters never show movies released by XYZ inc.

Cable networks do the same thing. Hence you can predict where it will go once it hits cable.

Network TV can varry a bit more. Some are more exclusive (Disney tends to go to ABC obviously). And some are just highest bidder.

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Jun 28, 2004, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by bleuvixen:
The only ones that showed Farenheit were Rave Motion Pictures and smaller independent theatres.

The major ones did not show it, we have Regal, Nova and BMC which all showed the passion.
It played in all of the AMC megaplex theaters here. There were over 200 people in the theater when I saw it.

Drifter
Jun 28, 2004, 01:04 PM

Please. Michael Moore if a pig. He cannot refuse the 45 extra cents to get a King size with his two Angus steak cheeseburgers with bacon. And he looks like he is one of those guys who rapes the buffet system broke.
He is a complete Communist. He is an anti-American fatass, who lives with plenty of green and says he hates the country that gave him green. He's a rascist who hates arabs, muslims, Jews, and whites.
He is also a wickedly messed up man. Who follows a bunch of women around hoping that one of them will have their son shot so he can use her protesting?

The man is treason. If Bush had asked for a declearation of war, he could be tried for treason (only if there was one). And what do we do to treasonous men who comfort our enemy?
A. Give them a lolly pop
B. Give them a new movie/book deal
C. Give them a spanking
D. Prison�(or execution depending on the severity, like the Rosenbergs')

And you perverts should be ashamed! You're putting treason in the same ballpark as a movie about Christianity! I'm a Jew and I can say that! What is wrong with you people!?

Lies and twisted half truths are not education. Ask our schools.
"�[Bush went] on vacation."
Well, since it was only on weekends, thats about�0.2857142857142857%, 29%.
That leaves about 13 or 14% left from original figure. Where did he spend that time?
Camp David, Crawford Ranch, etc. What does he do there? Work. You've seen the media hover around the ranch constantly saying he's in a conference with Condie or something.

Remember that Panther promo with Omar? Snapz took a picture of every frame. I picked out the dumbest looking frame to make him look stupid. Does the video show him with that comical expression the whole time? No.
Once you add in the rest of the info to the picture, it doesn't look like the first "fact" that was given. The worst ball player could be made to look really good like Jeter. Truth? No.
( Last edited by Drifter; Jun 28, 2004 at 01:12 PM. )
They call be�tater salad.
American, Conservative, Jew, Geek, Photoshop nut, headbanger, and proud!
Punks bands suck,
Metal pwns.
Communism tastes like chicken.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Drifter:
Please. Michael Moore if a pig. He cannot refuse the 45 extra cents to get a King size with his two Angus steak cheeseburgers with bacon. And he looks like he is one of those guys who rapes the buffet system broke.
He is a complete Communist. He is an anti-American fatass, who lives with plenty of green and says he hates the country that gave him green. He's a rascist who hates arabs, muslims, Jews, and whites.
He is also a wickedly messed up man. Who follows a bunch of women around hoping that one of them will have their son shot so he can use her protesting?

The man is treason. If Bush had asked for a declearation of war, he could be tried for treason (only if there was one). And what do we do to treasonous men who comfort our enemy?
A. Give them a lolly pop
B. Give them a new movie/book deal
C. Give them a spanking
D. Prison�(or execution depending on the severity, like the Rosenbergs')

And you perverts should be ashamed! You're putting treason in the same ballpark as a movie about Christianity! I'm a Jew and I can say that! What is wrong with you people!?
Michael Moore is fat. He's a traitor! A Communist, I tell you! (Oh, by the way, look at his ASS!) And he's anti-American. And eats babies. Did I mention he's a traitor?

P.S. If you like Michael Moore, YOU are a traitor too.
P.P.S, You're also a terrorist.

Drifter
Jun 28, 2004, 01:13 PM

Did I say you were a traitor? No. I said what he said was treasonous at the extremes, which is most of the time.
He is a terrible man. And people are duped by his Socialist propaganda.
Punks bands suck,
Metal pwns.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 01:15 PM

Care to back that statement up?
I'll get the popcorn.
Uh...what?

Drifter
Jun 28, 2004, 01:16 PM

Sorry. It looked like you said I was the terrorist. Read Edit

Why are so many people who call themselves geeks, and especially most mac users, middle class wannabe Marxists?
Would someone with a moral mind explain that?

And will you idiots ever drop the election? We have a electoral system used to decide who wins. We don't have a popular vote. Will the dead kennedy (not the shitty band) fans explain why Nixon, a scumbag like Clinton, did not challenge the very very close election? Or the other presidents before, who had similar predicaments?

And the insinuation that the Supreme Court is conservative is laughable. There are maybe two conservatives. The rest are failed moderates and liberals like Ginsgberg. Ew.
( Last edited by Drifter; Jun 28, 2004 at 01:24 PM. )
Punks bands suck,
Metal pwns.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 01:20 PM

Did I say you were a traitor? No. I said what he said was treasonous at the extremes, which is most of the time.
He is a terrible man. And people are duped by his Socialist propaganda.
Want to challenge the facts presented the in the movie? Be my guest.

Of course, either (a) you haven't seen the movie, or (b) you can't refute the facts presented.

Drifter
Jun 28, 2004, 01:27 PM

Riiiight�
WAR FOR OIL! Carlisle group! Oily politicians! Big Oil! Neo-Cons! Christians! Jews! Blacks! Whites! All of them are stupid evil stupidheads!

Please. You little Marxists remind me of that talkshow late in the night on AM wit ha ll of that secret society police state ********.
Punks bands suck,
Metal pwns.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 01:30 PM

Riiiight�
WAR FOR OIL! Carlisle group! Oily politicians! Big Oil! Neo-Cons! Christians! Jews! Blacks! Whites! All of them are stupid evil stupidheads!

Please. You little Marxists remind me of that talkshow late in the night on AM wit ha ll of that secret society police state ********.
That's what I thought.

Drifter
Jun 28, 2004, 01:32 PM

?
You believe there is some vast right wing conspiracy in cahoots with big oil for world domination, and want a police state to surveil the denizens of the country?

Get me my baggy so I can UNDERSTAND what you're saying.
Too weak, where's my syringe?
Punks bands suck,
Metal pwns.

Forum Links
Forum Rules