Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > RAZR V3m and 10.4.9

RAZR V3m and 10.4.9
macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2007, 11:14 PM

I've run into a small dilemma using 10.4.9 and my new RAZR V3m phone:

Using 10.4.8, I was able to use Bluetooth on my 15" 1.25 Alu. PowerBook and sync Contacts and Calendars. Everything "just worked" and the digital life was good.

After updating to 10.4.9, iSync claimed it could no longer communicate with my phone, so I removed it from iSync's devices, and attempted to re-add it. iSync claimed it could see the phone but not talk to it. For kicks, I rebooted the phone, and now iSync can successfully add it and sync Contacts, but it says "This phone does not support calendar synchronization." under the Calendars heading in the device in iSync.

It appears to be similar to the behavior noted by MacFixIt:
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...70316091927922 (towards the bottom)

I had heard Apple added better support for the V3* phones, but can't confirm that by looking at the specific details for the delta updater I used. Has anyone found a fix for this sort of problem? (I've tried those listed on MacFixIt except updating the phone's firmware -- which I was unable to locate on both Motorola's and Alltel's sites)

Thanks!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 18, 2007, 11:18 AM

I can still sync with 10.4.9 on my V3.
ice

Forum Links
Forum Rules