Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Just wanted to drop by...

Just wanted to drop by...
boog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2006, 10:36 AM

And say hello!

There was a bit of strife at Broadband Reports Team Starfire (long complicated story that I'm not going to get into), And we created a new team: Team Starfire World Boinc.

I'm not here recruiting, I'm here to invite you guys to come visit us anytime you like and chat about anything. Most of our users are on PC's so don't hold that against them! lol

You have to register to the site to be able to post, but anyone can read.

Come visit, say hello!

http://www.tswb.org

reader50
Administrator
Jul 30, 2006, 01:01 PM

Nice to see you again, boog. Question, are you guys still on BR Team Starfire for non-BOINC projects?

boog  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by reader50
Nice to see you again, boog. Question, are you guys still on BR Team Starfire for non-BOINC projects?
We are no longer associated with broadband reports, and we do anything boinc. No non boinc projects. That why we took the new name Team Starfire World Boinc.

Xaak
Aug 3, 2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by boog
We are no longer associated with broadband reports, and we do anything boinc. No non boinc projects. That why we took the new name Team Starfire World Boinc.
That's not quite true, boog :-). We crunch any worthy project that our members want to crunch. We've got both a Folding@Home team and a TSC team now. Nobody's excluded and anyone's welcome there whether or not they crunch for us.

Xaak
www.tswb.org

reader50
Administrator
Aug 3, 2006, 06:23 PM

Darn. And I was thinking that we could invite people over when they needed to do non-BOINC for a few projects.

Oh well. Everyone is still invited over to chat, talk shop, and air dirty laundry about other teams.

boog  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 14, 2006, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Xaak
That's not quite true, boog :-). We crunch any worthy project that our members want to crunch. We've got both a Folding@Home team and a TSC team now. Nobody's excluded and anyone's welcome there whether or not they crunch for us.

Xaak
www.tswb.org

Oops! I stand corrected!

(but I think at the time of my original posting those projects weren't on our front page)

Still everyone is welcome to come visit lol

Forum Links
Forum Rules