Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Is homosexuality a mental disorder?

Is homosexuality a mental disorder? (Page 6)
tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 25, 2005, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín

Tooki! You shock me!

I thought I could count on you, of all people, to get “Hear, hear!” right.

I am most disappointed.

(I would, however, also be very interested to know why so many gays are such bitches )
Gah!!! You are, of course, entirely correct.

Damned distractions when typing! I should multitask less. I suck at it!

tooki

I♥MacNN
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
Something about which you know quite a bit
I have it falling out of my pockets.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 10:16 PM

How much money is being spent on finding out? Odds are not near as much as are spent on even the next iPod design. I mean, you could look at the genetic side of things, but you won't really see much there, aside from mild predisposition. We already know for a very large chunk what is the root of that is later expressed as homosexual behaviour and expression. And no money is to be made off of "curing" it.
What would be better is to promote better parenting skills, and better social values. Better social values would mean you don't look down on anyone for any reason, better social values would help prevent all manner of psychological problems that will continue to become more prevalent as Western Society slides deeper into a post modern, moral relativistic mentality that says if it's inconvenient to show love (ἀγάπη) then don't.

I♥MacNN
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Superchicken
How much money is being spent on finding out? Odds are not near as much as are spent on even the next iPod design. I mean, you could look at the genetic side of things, but you won't really see much there, aside from mild predisposition. We already know for a very large chunk what is the root of that is later expressed as homosexual behaviour and expression. And no money is to be made off of "curing" it.
What would be better is to promote better parenting skills, and better social values. Better social values would mean you don't look down on anyone for any reason, better social values would help prevent all manner of psychological problems that will continue to become more prevalent as Western Society slides deeper into a post modern, moral relativistic mentality that says if it's inconvenient to show love (ἀγάπη) then don't.
Come on Super. You know as well as I do everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by I♥MacNN
Come on Super. You know as well as I do everything is going to hell in a handbasket.
I don't know of a handbasket that big... but yes you are correct, this world and the current heaven will be engulfed in fire and completely destroyed, and those of us who have chosen to follow God will inhabit a new earth in a new Jerusalem. But I don't think that is going to happen right away...

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 25, 2005, 10:29 PM

I somehow got the impression that the "meek inheriting the earth" was a bad thing. Maybe it's my point of view but, is inheriting the earth something one would want to do? I'm iffy on that one.

Is being bold a bad thing? Look at the Angels. Are they meek? Michael was far from meek and humble....

I'm shooting for teh stars, because then at least I'm guaranteed the moon... or better.

---
edit:

We may be straying a tad off topic here so, let's get back to why gay people are often bitchy and disturbed.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 10:38 PM

I hope the new Jerusalem is better than that pile of crap we have now.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 10:40 PM

Meek is hard to describe since it's such an uncommonly used word. Meek doesn't mean a door mat, least not as Jesus meant it. Being bold is also not wrong, however being bold about who you are is not always the wisest.
Meekness in the way that Jesus is talking about is realizing you're probably not top gun 100% of the time, recognize that compared to God you're dirt, and that the best you can do humanly by your own strength is nothing but menstrual rags to Him (That's what the original text says if I'm correct). Meekness is choosing not to be arrogant and recognizing where you are with God.

And inheriting the earth is not a bad thing. Owning property in those days was impressive. Remember Satan tempted Jesus with all the area that he saw before him if he'd sin. Satan only offered Jesus what He could see and that was impressive (not that Satan really owned it). Jesus states the meek shall get the whole shebang. Note, to truly accept the Lordship of Christ (a requirement of being a Christian in it's true sense) one must be meek.

I♥MacNN
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by budster101
We may be straying a tad off topic here so, let's get back to why gay people are often bitchy and disturbed.
I would have gotten banned 4x for saying that.

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 10:41 PM

No ****.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 10:47 PM

I think gays are bitches because of the gay community's obsession with Barbara Streisand, the uber-bitch of entertainment.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 10:49 PM

Now now Zimph, our gay mods aren't THAT bitchy...

I♥MacNN
Banned
Jul 25, 2005, 10:57 PM

Now now Zimph, our gay mods aren't THAT bitchy...
You don't know the things I know.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 25, 2005, 11:19 PM

You bring it upon yourself!

tooki

ProxyMonster
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:25 PM

I bet you tell ALL the guys that!

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by ProxyMonster
I bet you tell ALL the guys that!

How sad is it that Zimph puts that much effort to have friends or attention.

Kinda like that little brat down the street that tried to get into the treehouse.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:34 PM

Ok there Mr. 7,863 posts.

Zimphire needs to be on MacNN, and I can see why. It's bloody addictive.

Now damnit keep this thread GAY! That's an order.

ProxyMonster
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
How sad is it that Zimph puts that much effort to have friends or attention.

Kinda like that little brat down the street that tried to get into the treehouse.
What is even sadder is you projecting all kinds of silliness onto people to make yourself feel better about your lousy existence.

BTW, the mods and admins are no friends of you either. I know tings..

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:39 PM

Zimp, what happened? You used to be relatively restrained, but lately it seems like something has snapped.

ProxyMonster
Baninated

Zimphire needs to be on MacNN, and I can see why. It's bloody addictive.
Naw, I've deserved bans before, and stayed off NN during those times.

I wont however be bullied off the forum by bans by people with chips on their shoulders just because they don't like me.
Now damnit keep this thread GAY! That's an order.
Can we start posting pictures of users in order to do it?

Addicted to MacNN

What is even sadder is you projecting all kinds of silliness onto people to make yourself feel better about your lousy existence.

BTW, the mods and admins are no friends of you either. I know tings..
OOooooh, the big bad proxie monster is coming to geeeet me cuz he knows "tings".

Ah ha hah a ha

Blocked...

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:40 PM

Zimp, what happened? You used to be relatively restrained, but lately it seems like something has snapped.
He's scared of leaving his one source of "friends".

Sad really

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

ProxyMonster
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:40 PM

Coming to greet you? Where did you read that silliness from?

I am actually going to Canada in a few months. I wont however be coming to see you.

So put the astro-glide away.

ProxyMonster
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:42 PM

He's scared of leaving his one source of "friends".

Sad really
Oh oh oh I can play too.

SWF just posts here because his imaginary mom caught him shoving large barbie dolls up his rear and screaming at his sister for not getting any GI-Joes!

It's true. I just said it!!1

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:46 PM

terrible mental picture

Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:47 PM

Coming to greet you? Where did you read that silliness from?

I am actually going to Canada in a few months. I wont however be coming to see you.

So put the astro-glide away.
Probably a good thing considering i've told you many times that you are at all atractive and an nutjob. But you can do the "You can't fire me, I quit" bit if you like

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

ProxyMonster
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:47 PM

terrible mental picture
I know, a little upchuck came up there when I was posting it.

ProxyMonster
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:50 PM

Today, 11:39 PM responding to Zim
Blocked...
Today, 11:47 PM responding to Zim
Probably a good thing considering i've told you many times that you are at all atractive and an nutjob. But you can do the "You can't fire me, I quit" bit if you like

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 11:50 PM

Oh my, this thread just got Gay'er if that is even possible.... yet still mildly entertaining...

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:52 PM

What we are witnessing is a new chapter of the 4 year long Zimphire/SWF feud. Sit back and enjoy, IBL.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 25, 2005, 11:55 PM

Naw, I've deserved bans before, and stayed off NN during those times.

I wont however be bullied off the forum by bans by people with chips on their shoulders just because they don't like me.
1. You were given ample, repeated and specific warning to behave. You didn't, and have been banned. There's nothing more to it. A ban means that you are forbidden to participate here, regardless of what username you use.

2. Even though we don't (we're not petty like that), we have every right to ban people for any reason whatsoever. You are not entitled to anything here.

tooki

OogaBooga
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 11:57 PM

Let's see... what's that thing for again?
Oh yeah, reproducing.

Passing on your genes is the ultimate goal of any earthly being. And if everyone was gay, humanity would have a hard time existing. Let's just hope the gay community stays at a minimum.

And gay people are usually fun to hang out with. But something's gotta be wrong when your instinct to reproduce is flawed.

True, it might be genetic. But in that case, it's nature's way of controlling the population. Much like disease, inability to adapt, and other inferiorities.
( Last edited by OogaBooga; Jul 26, 2005 at 12:03 AM. )

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2005, 11:57 PM

OUCH... never wanted to picture SWG in that picture... regardless of how likely it is... I mean... that was kinda mean... but... funny... I'm gona go get a drink of water...

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 12:02 AM

Zim really went nuts, the poor guy really has some sexuality issues to deal with. What normal straight person would spend so much time obsessing over homosexuality?

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Jul 26, 2005, 12:03 AM

That's something I've not heard on the topic before... the "flawed instinct to reproduce".

They do have the instinct to have sex though, just with the wrong sex...
What percent of the population could be gay? Can't be much and I don't see it growing to any amount that would even remotely endanger the heterosexual population.

I'm more sick of the psych problems of gay people and their bitchyness. Men behaving like women is just weird and women behaving like men is almost as bad...

Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by tooki
1. You were given ample, repeated and specific warning to behave. You didn't, and have been banned. There's nothing more to it. A ban means that you are forbidden to participate here, regardless of what username you use.

2. Even though we don't (we're not petty like that), we have every right to ban people for any reason whatsoever. You are not entitled to anything here.

tooki

Booya

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

BackInBlack
Banned
Jul 26, 2005, 12:12 AM

tooki you have a chip on your shoulder about me. You have a quick banning finger because you act on impulse. Sorry If I wont let you "bully" me.

I tried to reason with you like an adult. You just wanted to pound your chest, make excuses and act the ass. So I stopped caring.

tooki
That's ok took. You do what you need to do, and I will do what I need to.

This could have been handled in a much better way. And it was tried.

Ohwell.wav.

OogaBooga
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 26, 2005, 12:13 AM

That's something I've not heard on the topic before... the "flawed instinct to reproduce".

They do have the instinct to have sex though, just with the wrong sex...
What percent of the population could be gay? Can't be much and I don't see it growing to any amount that would even remotely endanger the heterosexual population.

I'm more sick of the psych problems of gay people and their bitchyness. Men behaving like women is just weird and women behaving like men is almost as bad...

I try to look at things in the big picture. My friend's roommate is gay, and he's hilarious. Makes the parties fun. I just don't agree with his lifestyle.

Mother back in Houston has been a choir teacher for 20 years. Accordingly, she's been around dozens of gay men, and all of them ended up being unpleasant to work with. She also notes that they sometimes lead a life full of turmoil and depression, mainly because they can't cope with their lifestyle.

But on the other hand, some feel that they're gay and they can't help it. In that case, it's better to be gay and live with it than to try and be straight and deny it. More power to the reproducing heterosexuals.

And I'm not saying gay people never reproduce. But if your life's goal isn't to find an opposite sex partner to mate with, then that can't be normal. Your genes must be defective and hence they won't get passed on.

Another contributing factor is that the human brain has become so smart it can crush primitive instincts. We are so smart we can learn just about anything, and sometimes we tend to defy nature itself. In order to survive as animals (which we really are), we need to (for the most part) obey our animalistic instincts. These including eating, reproducing, staying healthy, etc.

The ultimate end of humanity, I believe, is not going to be an asteroid, nuclear warfare, or alien invasion. We'll eventually die out because we were too smart, and we thought we could control things like AIDS, homosexuality, cancer, etc.

</preach>

Flame On!™
( Last edited by OogaBooga; Jul 26, 2005 at 12:23 AM. )

BackInBlack
Banned
Jul 26, 2005, 12:13 AM

Zim really went nuts,
Nuts? Naw. I am enjoying myself.
the poor guy really has some sexuality issues to deal with. What normal straight person would spend so much time obsessing over homosexuality?
I wasn't the one that made this thread, nor was I obsessing over it.

Nice projecting though. You and SWF should get together and shove barbies up your butt.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 12:15 AM

To SWG, actually I saw a photo of Zimph today and he looks a lot better than the other ones I've seen... I think partially cause he got a hair cut and shaved. Actually it looked a lot better than the one of you I saw...

Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by BackInBlack
Nuts? Naw. I am enjoying myself.
That is exactly what makes you nuts

Please don' share your fantasies that involve me, dolls and the mods.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

budster101  (op)
Baninated
Jul 26, 2005, 12:19 AM

Hey now. Stop being so non-gay, and gay things up in here.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 26, 2005, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by BackInBlack
I tried to reason with you like an adult. You just wanted to pound your chest, make excuses and act the ass. So I stopped caring.
Unfortunately, he failed to listen to my response like an adult, and got pissy and left. :shrug:

tooki

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 12:34 AM

I hope the new Jerusalem is better than that pile of crap we have now.
Oh I'm sure it will, once it's returned to the Palestinians.

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Wecandothisallday
Baninated
Jul 26, 2005, 12:36 AM

Unfortunately, he failed to listen to my response like an adult, and got pissy and left. :shrug:

tooki
tooki all your responses was a bunch of hot air, chest pounding and a lot of "You better do what I said AND LIKE IT!!11" posts.

Nothing about your messages to me were adult. You was acting like an internet Bully.

I didn't get pissy and left. I simply was no longer going to argue with someone that has a chip on their shoulder about me (And yes you do) and talked down to me like you do anyone you don't like.

You call ANYONE that says ANYTHING to you about the way you act names.

But I am sure they are ALL wrong, and you are teh right!

Regardless. I am not really being bothersome. Others actually don't like you.

I just refuse to be a victim of your bullying. That is all.

BTW, please stop acting like you tried to deal with this in any way but a condescending pretentious chest pounding way.

I do have the logs still you know.

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 12:36 AM

But I don't think that is going to happen right away...
You're right, - as a matter of fact it's NEVER going to happen.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wecandothisallday
tooki all your responses was a bunch of hot air, chest pounding and a lot of "You better do what I said AND LIKE IT!!11" posts.
I just remembered that family guy where Luke Perry is gay... haha... I have the creepest picture of Zimph and Tooki now...

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2005, 01:09 AM

I saw a photo of Zimph today and he looks a lot better than the other ones I've seen....
Errr. WTF? Do you guys exchange pics on a regular basis? Maybe it's time for you to come out of the closet...

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Warung
Errr. WTF? Do you guys exchange pics on a regular basis? Maybe it's time for you to come out of the closet...
Actually my room doesn't have a closet... it's got a lil clothes bar my sister got my for Christmas... I don't think I'd fit under it... OHHH... wait you're saying I'm gay... I'm sorry. Anyway no I said Zimph looked like someone and he was like, no no no I look like this.
But if the thought of me and Zimph in some twisted homosexual online relationship... likely involving bath soaps and power ranger action figures gets you off... SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP!

Addicted to MacNN
Jul 26, 2005, 01:14 AM

To SWG, actually I saw a photo of Zimph today and he looks a lot better than the other ones I've seen... I think partially cause he got a hair cut and shaved. Actually it looked a lot better than the one of you I saw...
Are better doesn't take much. The last one was incredibly bad that he posted in the new user member directory a few weeks ago. He weighs 150 pounds and looks like christian baile in the movie "The Machinist".

For those who haven't seen it that isn't a good thing. The tailers on Apples site

But who cares, not like I will ever meet him or voluntarily look at pics of him.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Forum Links
Forum Rules