Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Where the *flip* is my X10.05!!!!

Where the *flip* is my X10.05!!!!
Karim
Senior User
Jun 1, 2001, 11:03 PM

I want my X....DVD...Faster Finder...Spinning beachball killer...Mouse accelerator so scroll bars can keep up with the cursor...etc...

Or at least...

geez
Jun 1, 2001, 11:08 PM

The only people who have promised 10.5 are rumors sites. The only thing Apple has promised is at update at Macworld NY. My guess is to expect it there.

SkullMacPN
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2001, 12:22 AM

No, Steve did say there would be an update to add DVD in late spring (he has until the 21st).

Napier
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2001, 12:36 AM

If it was up your ass_ you'ld Know.

Napier
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2001, 12:40 AM

If it was up your ass_ you'ld Know.

krove
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2001, 02:25 AM

Originally posted by Napier:
<STRONG>If it was up your ass_ you'ld Know.</STRONG>
Huh? I get the general idea, but gibberish has resulted.

People should be more productive. (If only this were true, the world would be a better place, or would it?) Ah, well, 10.0.5 will be here soon I suspect! At that time, my productivity will increase and needless posts like the one above will be eliminated (for the time being, at lease).

How did it come to this? Goodbye PowerPC. | sensory output

<Billy bob>
Jun 4, 2001, 02:36 AM

Do we really need another one of these?

the_sisko
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2001, 04:16 AM

I find it hilarious that so many people have become update junkies! For all the flame posts about how bad OS X is, no one seems to be this anxious about the next OS 9 update. We've become a microwave OS update society--before, we would wait months between updates, but now we all have to have updates every few weeks or people go nuts.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jun 4, 2001, 06:16 AM

Originally posted by the_sisko:
<STRONG>I find it hilarious that so many people have become update junkies! For all the flame posts about how bad OS X is, no one seems to be this anxious about the next OS 9 update. We've become a microwave OS update society--before, we would wait months between updates, but now we all have to have updates every few weeks or people go nuts.</STRONG>
OTOH, OS 9 never needed updates as badly as OS X does. Sure, there were stability issues, but people were used to those.

Now, the system *seems* slow (though - except for the Finder - it isn't at all, mostly), and this perception needs to be corrected for people to feel comfortable using it.

Hence the update junkies.

-chris.

edddeduck
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2001, 09:04 AM

Apples form so far seems to tend towards another update being due but nobody knew about the iMac before it was released same with the TiBook so its anyones guess.

Most rumor site are looking at the trend and making their best guesses and calling them rumors

I will come when apple releases it and not before ....

*clicks on software update and then post message*

Cheers Edd

Forum Links
Forum Rules