Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New Bluetooth Mouse

New Bluetooth Mouse
Douglashh
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 12, 2009, 07:31 PM

My original bluetooth mighty mouse broke so I bought a new Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse.

I deleted my Mighty Mouse from the BlueTooth Preference panel and the V470 showed up and seems to work fine but it doesn't show a name or battery life in the Keyboard/Mouse Preference panel. Does this just work with Apple Products or did I miss something or set it up wrong?

Thanks

StarCross
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 12, 2009, 09:23 PM

I'm not sure about Logitech bluetooth mice, but I do have a Logitech LX7 wireless mouse so perhaps this solution might work similarly.

I have to use the latest version Logitech Control Center in order to get battery life info and to configure any additional buttons. That software has improved to the point that I am able to replace USB Overdrive. Side-scrolling now works flawlessly, although you still can't fine-tune that function.

ibook_steve
Jul 13, 2009, 12:51 AM

Yes, LCC is required for any Logitech specific features or information.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Douglashh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2009, 01:16 AM

StarCross, are you saying that if LCC is installed the battery info will show up in the Apple Keyboard/Mouse Preference panel? I initially installed LCC, 2.6 and since deleted, and it just showed a green light saying battery is OK which is no more useful than the battery indicator light on the mouse itself.

StarCross
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2009, 12:49 AM

More than likely the Logitech bluetooth battery level won't show on the Apple Keyboard/Mouse preference panel since it is a non-Apple product, even if LCC is installed. But again, I don't have a non-Apple bluetooth wireless to make sure, though I have been tempted to buy one for the past year.

What I meant to say that at least for my non-bluetooth wireless mouse, my battery level will be displayed as a tiny indicator on the top right of the image of my mouse in the Logitech Control Center preference panel. I have about 75% remaining, but I'm not all too worried since I use it home. Even with the older Apple Wireless Keyboard I hardly ever check my battery level.

Forum Links
Forum Rules