Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Order or wait?

View Poll Results: Should I order a MacBook or wait for Merom?
Poll Options:
Yeah, just order one Core Duo is sweet 38 votes (55.07%)
Chill out, C2D is worth waiting for 31 votes (44.93%)
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll
Order or wait? (Page 3)
Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2006, 02:13 PM

I'm going to guess they probably wouldn't know exactly what has been replaced/repaired on each refurb. In the worst case scenario though, it sounds like Apple has plenty of the new heatsinks now, so if you did need to get it replaced it sounds like they can do it quickly.

MacDuff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 10, 2006, 02:17 PM

That could also explain a 3 day delay before shipping. If Apple already had a number of Macbooks in stock with the older heatsinks, they would likely have to remove the old ones and put in a new one before shipping.

drnkn_stylz, I would imagine Apple would tell you that if you asked. I would assume Apple would want to save money by installing them before shipping though. Hard to say about the refurbs but I would assume the same is true.

clockworkwar
Oct 10, 2006, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Elektrix
I haven't been following everything so closely, but as long as they are fixing this in the current MB's, I'm not sure why that would be a reason to wait for a second revision. Or more specifically, if the second revision is just a processor upgrade, I don't think it would be any more or less likely to have the RSS problem, for example.
I am getting a Macbook around xmas time, so its not really a sudden thing my purchase, so it will be C2D by then hopefully.

drnkn_stylz  (op)
Senior User
Oct 11, 2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by MacDuff
That could also explain a 3 day delay before shipping. If Apple already had a number of Macbooks in stock with the older heatsinks, they would likely have to remove the old ones and put in a new one before shipping.

drnkn_stylz, I would imagine Apple would tell you that if you asked. I would assume Apple would want to save money by installing them before shipping though. Hard to say about the refurbs but I would assume the same is true.
You're probably right. I tried calling but I was on hold for too long, so when my dinner was ready I gave up
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

brutal
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2006, 05:09 AM

So... Oct. 10th came and went, and still no Merom..

I'm glad I ordered when I did.

drnkn_stylz  (op)
Senior User
Oct 12, 2006, 07:55 PM

Word. Mine should be here Monday hopefully.
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules