Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Problem with latest Snow Leopard Security Update

Problem with latest Snow Leopard Security Update
porrid
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2011, 05:58 AM

Upon Restarting and after downloading and installing the latest Security update for Snow Leopard my 2008 iMac got stuck on the blue screen. I then lightly touched the start button putting it to sleep, but almost immediately after that I woke it up by touching the keyboard, and the Log-in window appeared.

I logged in installed a couple of new apps then chose to do a Restart and exactly the same thing happened. But upon repeating my last solution it remained in the blue screen. So I shut it down turned my modem off.

Although it fired as per normal after a while I decided to do a Restart to see if anything had changed - but no it hadn't !

I'm hoping this is not just my machine ?

P
Apr 16, 2011, 07:41 AM

Sounds odd. What happens if you unplug everything except the mouse and keyboard before rebooting?
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

porrid  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2011, 07:36 PM

I don;t now, didn't think of that one, I'll try that next time I reboot thank you.

sammytt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2011, 06:10 PM

After updating to 10.6.8, same issue. Upon restart, hung up on blue screen. Also, when restarting again, hung up on logging out of main user account.
iMac Intel

P
Aug 6, 2011, 10:36 AM

Try booting in safe mode. You access safe mode by pressing shift directly after you hear the startup tone and releasing it when the booting is finished.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules