Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Internet scrapbook - deleting pages?

Internet scrapbook - deleting pages?
sspicer
Mar 28, 2000, 11:58 AM

Is it just me, or is the delete button in the Internet Scrapbook useless as currently implemented?

It's permanently greyed out, and balloon help says "Deletes the selected items. Disabled because no items are selected." But there's no way to select them! Clicking on an item just pulls up said page in the main window, and clicking just to the left or right of the actual link doesn't select it, either (you only get a slightly heavier grey background to the active page, i.e., the one loaded into the main window -- but it doesn't function as if it's selected, from the delete button's point of view at least.)

I consulted IE help, and under the appropriate section (deleting items from the Internet Scrapbook) it doesn't mention the delete button at all, and tells you to use the contextual menu (CTL click on the item you want to delete), and select "delete" from the resultant pop-up. This works fine. It's interesting to note that the delete button is available at this point, but of course not reachable since you've still got the mouse button held down and a contextual menu open, so there's no way to click on the delete button!

Just a very minor strangeness in an otherwise wonderful piece of software, that shows fabulous attention to detail.

jimmyg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2000, 12:02 PM

If you shift-select or drag-select multiple items in the Internet Scrapbook, the delete button will activate allowing you to delete multiple items really easily.

The selection model in the Scrapbook is a little weird, and that's something we might work to improve in the future.

Jimmy
MacIE Team

sspicer
Mar 28, 2000, 12:05 PM

Thanks for your speed reply -- I should have tried shift select (had tried apple-select). Duh! Other than this, though, who could be unhappy? It's GREAT!

jimmyg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2000, 12:06 PM

If you shift-select or drag-select multiple items in the Internet Scrapbook, the delete button will activate allowing you to delete multiple items really easily.

The selection model in the Scrapbook is a little weird, and that's something we might work to improve in the future.

Jimmy
MacIE Team

adamschneider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2000, 12:22 PM

Also, good-old right-clicking (control-clicking for those still using one-button mice) will let you delete the entries.

Jamin_Brown
Mar 28, 2000, 01:37 PM

Jimmy wrote:

Here's a suggestion: Have the icon to the left of a scrapbook/bookmark/whaterver entry (so the camera, @ symbol, etc.) be what you slick on to select. The name is the link. I noticed this as well, it is very difficult to select items in the scrapbook/bookmarks/etc lists.

Another suggestion would be for making bookmarks. When I pull an address out of the address bar onto a folder in the favorites bar, it would be great if that list popped down allowing me to place the bookmark wherever I wanted, not just at the bottom of the list.

Forum Links
Forum Rules