Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > New Design Site

New Design Site
rael9
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2001, 02:53 PM

I am developing a new site designed to be a forum for Digital Artists. It will include news and editorial sections as well as reviews and forums for tips, tricks, troubleshooting, etc.

I want to make sure that this site will be a help to digital artists of all walks (e.g. illustrators, layout artists, 3-d modelers and animators, digital videographers, digital photographers, etc.) and as such, I would like some feedback as to what people would like to see on the site. Would you like to be able to post your artistic works in a gallery? Would you like to have an area for reader submissions? Any other thoughts?

This is a call to digital artists everywhere! What do you want to see on a site for you?

Post a reply here or e-mail me directly. I want this site to be great, and with your help, I'm sure it can be.

[email protected]
Geekery, THE full time job.

Shades of Gray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 2, 2001, 03:32 PM

I am not a digital artist, nor do I intend to be. But the idea of your site sounds great. Perhaps you could include a section for those of us just getting into some of this stuff (beginners/intermediate). Most sites I have seen assume a lot of experience and/or knowledge of the apps and techniques. For amateurs, that can be a bit overwhelming.

[I realize that you are shooting for the experts/full-timers, etc. but this would be helpful. Thanks for listening/reading.]

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: Shades of Gray ]
Ignore the argumentative nature of this poster. He is old and can't engage in meaningful dialog
very long. Therefore, management asks that you at least humor him. Thanks.

rael9  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2001, 03:39 PM

<STRONG>Perhaps you could include a section for those of us just getting into some of this stuff (beginners/intermediate).</STRONG>
Definitely something to take under advisement. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe a Newbie Tips, Tricks & Tutorials section or something?

rael9  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2001, 03:48 PM

Stupid double post!

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: rael9 ]

Corys
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 2, 2001, 04:25 PM

I'm sure you have seen this site before, but I really enjoy reading http://www.creativepro.com

they seem to keep the content up to date. and have some great reviews/editorials.
www.prepressforums.com
News & Information for the Prepress Industry

bluedog
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2001, 01:24 PM

This site is a great resource for artists who want to see and hear the details involved in creating digital images.

Its primarily a 3D site, but there's so much information that's really great for a layout/production/designer!
www.dvgarage.com

Look at their daily/weekly tips in the dvGarage section demonstrating tip and techniques and then check out their forums in the 'coffee cup.' You *won't* be dissatisfied!

Forum Links
Forum Rules