Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > downgrade to jaguar?

downgrade to jaguar?
Chunderkat
Nov 19, 2003, 10:41 AM

anyone know how to downgrade to 10.2.7?

so i just got my new powerbook 15 inch.

this was a replacement for a white spot issue.

anyway, my first machine had 10.2.7 on it and could run the meetinghouse aegis client that i need to use for school to get online.

with this new machine, it comes with panther, which does not work with the aegis client.

i was hoping on downgrading to jaguar, 10.2.7, but i don't have a 10.2.7 software restore dvd. does anyone know what i can do?

thanks!

Fellow2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2003, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by Chunderkat:
anyone know how to downgrade to 10.2.7?

so i just got my new powerbook 15 inch.

this was a replacement for a white spot issue.

anyway, my first machine had 10.2.7 on it and could run the meetinghouse aegis client that i need to use for school to get online.

with this new machine, it comes with panther, which does not work with the aegis client.

i was hoping on downgrading to jaguar, 10.2.7, but i don't have a 10.2.7 software restore dvd. does anyone know what i can do?

thanks!
You would actually have to buy it somewhere.... or dl it.

SEkker
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 19, 2003, 03:38 PM

Yeah, we had to 'downgrade' a brand new 12PB because our $12,000 molecular biology software package is not Panther compliant (and will likely cost >$2k as an upgrade when it is).

Stuck in jaguar...

dagaz
Nov 20, 2003, 09:04 AM

You need a Jaguar (10.2) install CD or DVD. Assuming you have one of these you would do an Archive and Install. Following this you would then have to download and install the Combo 10.2.8 updater.
Not compatible with Windows

C-Bear
Forum Regular
Nov 20, 2003, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by dagaz:
You need a Jaguar (10.2) install CD or DVD. Assuming you have one of these you would do an Archive and Install. Following this you would then have to download and install the Combo 10.2.8 updater.
That's pretty much it, but I'll suggest you avoid 10.2.8 -- too many reports of problems, whereas 10.2.7 runs quite well.

Just a thought if you don't know anyone who can lend you the 10.2.7 restore CD, maybe some kindhearted Apple Store (if one is near you) employee might take sympathy and "find" you a spare restore CD, or at least "assist" you in downgrading? Your problem is a legitimate one, so it never hurts to ask...
When the wine is bitter, become the
wine

Forum Links
Forum Rules