Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Canada vs. Russia 1972.. Unrivaled

Canada vs. Russia 1972.. Unrivaled
freudling
Banned
Aug 14, 2006, 03:52 AM

I just finished watching the series, "September, 1972." Of course, I am talking about Team Canada vs. The Soviet Union in an 8 game international hockey match.

With times like these, watching it sent shivers through our bodies.

The incredible things about this series make it, from our eyes, the best sporting competition ever.

The Russians played in Canada for the first 4 games, and Canada then would have to go to Russia (Moscow) to play out the rest of the series. It was an 8 game series, a little weird since it should be 7. The Russians killed us the first game with their incredible speed and passing skills. We won the second game and tied the third. The Russinas took the 4th game and we went to Russia a bit nervous. Mahovalich was getting worried after the second game in Canada because he thought that the Russians would stop at nothing to win the game, meaning cheating, lying, etc.

This proved to be true once we were in Russia. From interviews with some of the players like Phil Espisto, when we got to Russia, they took our steaks and coke, made the players wait at the airport for over 6 hours before giving them their bags, phoned some of the players in the middle of the night to wake them up before a game and so forth.

We were down and now we had to play this time in their homeland on their huge international ice surface. We lost the 5th game and now we had to win 3 straight. The players knew after the 5th game that this was political: Communism vs. Capatalism. Tretiak, in an interview, confirms this, that the game was set up by the Russians to show the world that Communism is a better system.

Over the span of the next 3 games, Canada finally started playing as a team. The Russian team trained for 12 months together prior to the series, the Canadians only 3 weeks. Although the Russians were incredibly strong, when the Canadians set up a play, they just undressed their defencemen and goalie. Henderson scored an impossible goal by going through two defencemen deep in the Russians zone with another Russian checking him from the side. By game 7, we adapted somewhat to their style of play and, because of this, we started dominating.

We smashed them all over the ice and their was nothing they could do. The last period of the 8th game is very telling. We completely wiped the floor with them. The Russians were up 5-3 in the third period and we just rammed through them and won 6-5. It was absolutely incredible. And we did it with a boat load of penalities throughout the last three games, playing with four against five constantly.

More corruption. When the Canadians tied the game in the third period, the red light behind the goal never lit up. Clearly the Russians were trying to cheat us out of the goal. It was very visibly a goal. When the Canadian organizer Eagleson saw that the goal light was not on, he lost it. He was already at his wits end because Kompalla, the horrible referee that seemed to have been paid off by the Russians to help them win, was officiating the last game. He told the russians before game 8 that Canada would not play if Kompalla was the ref. From what I have seen, the russians agreed to this a few games before game 8 then revoked the agreement and put Kompalla in.

The Russian Army then grabbed Eagleson and were going to take him away. Many Canadian players skated over to the other side of the ice, used their sticks to hit the Army personnel, and ripped Eagleson out their wrath and took him over to the bench. I like the sentiments in the middle of the ice by one of the Canadian trainers. He just fingered the whole arena with both hands telling all of them to fuxx off.

Even if you don't like hockey, this series and the documentaries available really expose the difference between a culture based on freedom and one based on complete control of the people. It makes me feel good to be a Canadian. The communists remind me a little of the muslims. They seem to have disliked the west for a freedom and way of life. To the recent terrorist plot in Canada and the fact that muslims live in our country and publicly state they "hate our guts", go home if you don't like us. I am getting tired of the melting pot society in Canada. Downtown Vancouver something like 45% asian.

Americans and Canadians have to remain strong for sure with times like these.
( Last edited by freudling; Aug 15, 2006 at 05:56 AM. )

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2006, 08:05 AM

Awesome stuff.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2006, 10:11 PM

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2006, 10:18 PM

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by freudling
I just finished watching the series, "September, 1972." Of course, I am talking about Team Canada vs. The Soviet Union in an 8 game international hockey match.

With times like these, watching it sent shivers through our bodies.

The incredible things about this series make it, from our eyes, the best sporting competition ever.

The Russians played in Canada for the first 4 games, and Canada then would have to go to Russia (Moscow) to play out the rest of the series. It was an 8 game series, a little weird since it should be 7. The Russians killed us the first game with their incredible speed and passing skills. We tied the second game and won the third. The Russians took the 4th game and we went to Russia a bit nervous. Mahovalich was getting worried after the second game in Canada because he thought that the Russians would stop at nothing to win the game, meaning cheating, lying, etc.

This proved to be true once we were in Russia. From interviews with some of the players like Phil Espisto, when we got to Russia, they took our steaks and coke, made the players wait at the airport for over 6 hours before giving them their bags, phoned some of the players in the middle of the night to wake them up before a game and so forth.

We were down and now we had to play this time in their homeland on their huge international ice surface. We lost the 5th game and now we had to win 3 straight. The players knew after the 5th game that this was political: Communism vs. Capatalism. Tretiak, in an interview, confirms this, that the game was set up by the Russians to show the world that Communism is a better system.

Over the span of the next 3 games, Canada finally started playing as a team. The Russian team trained for 12 months together prior to the series, the Canadians only 3 weeks. Although the Russians were incredibly strong, when the Canadians set up a play, they just undressed their defencemen and goalie. Henderson scored an impossible goal by going through two defencemen deep in the Russians zone with another Russian checking him from the side. By game 7, we adapted somewhat to their style of play and, because of this, we started dominating.

We smashed them all over the ice and their was nothing they could do. The last period of the 8th game is very telling. We completely wiped the floor with them. The Russians were up 5-3 in the third period and we just rammed through them and won 6-5. It was absolutely incredible. And we did it with a boat load of penalities throughout the last three games, playing with four against five constantly.

More corruption. When the Canadians tied the game in the third period, the red light behind the goal never lit up. Clearly the Russians were trying to cheat us out of the goal. It was very visibly a goal. When the Canadian organizer Eagleson saw that the goal light was not on, he lost it. He was already at his wits end because Kompalla, the horrible referee that seemed to have been paid off by the Russians to help them win, was officiating the last game. He told the russians before game 8 that Canada would not play if Kompalla was the ref. From what I have seen, the russians agreed to this a few games before game 8 then revoked the agreement and put Kompalla in.

The Russian Army then grabbed Eagleson and were going to take him away. Many Canadian players skated over to the other side of the ice, used their sticks to hit the Army personnel, and ripped Eagleson out their wrath and took him over to the bench. I like the sentiments in the middle of the ice by one of the Canadian trainers. He just fingered the whole arena with both hands telling all of them to fuxx off.

Even if you don't like hockey, this series and the documentaries available really expose the difference between a culture based on freedom and one based on complete control of the people. It makes me feel good to be a Canadian. The communists remind me a little of the muslims. They seem to have disliked the west for a freedom and way of life. To the recent terrorist plot in Canada and the fact that muslims live in our country and publicly state they "hate our guts", go home if you don't like us. I am getting tired of the melting pot society in Canada. Downtown Vancouver something like 45% asian.

Americans and Canadians have to remain strong for sure with times like these.
Awesome post, until you seem racist at the end. Most of the asians downtown ARE Canadian.

larrinski
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2006, 10:40 PM

If you have such a problem with the multi-cultural Canada, why don't you go home? My guess is that you and your family have only been here a few generations...My family is from Poland, and I am first generation Canadian. Polish, Italian, African, whatever... We all came here at some point. Does that make you better if you have been here longer? Or is it the difference in skin colour that bothers you? There have been asian communities in Canada for a 100 or more years. I worked in downtown Vancouver as a bike courier for years, there didn't seem to be any problems arising from mixing of different groups of people. Get your head out of your ass and realize that we are distintly Canadian "because" we accept people here...
My Blog-pakos.me

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2006, 10:57 PM

Canada is a wonderful multicultural society. I'll let all the other canadians take care of you.. poor guy.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

V
Senior User
Aug 14, 2006, 11:01 PM

We won because we were much more violent. That's all.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2006, 11:37 PM

What's this thing you call "hockey?"

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 14, 2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by spacefreak
I couldn't help but think about the 1980 olympics when I read this thread. Talk about amazing... we only had college student and non-professionals playing (average age 22)... and still beat the Soviets (who trained year around)

“Do you believe in miracles?” - Al Michaels

villalobos
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2006, 12:37 AM

snip.
So, when you say 'we', were you playing?

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2006, 04:07 AM

Is there a torrent available for this somewhere? I would love to see this, since as a kid I used to read about those games in the paper…never had a chance to see any of them live though.

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

dcolton
Banned
Aug 15, 2006, 04:25 AM

what is with all of these canadian threads? If you want to talk about the war on terror, don't bring canada in the list. Their contribution is non-existent. Yes, they sent a handful of soldiers (humanitarian soldiers) to Afghanistan, but when it comes down to it...what has canada done? canada is a risk to North American and needs to be taken over by the US for our own protection.

freudling  (op)
Banned
Aug 15, 2006, 06:17 AM

First, let me address the accusation that I am racist. My example is that, as a Canadian, while we are socially open to new cultures, I think I speak for many when I say it is time to at least recognize and make more known what it is to be Canadian and what to expect living in our society. There are things that you can't understand, like being told you are not going to be considered for a job because you are not a visible minority (affirmative action). That can leave a bad taste in someone's mouth. I am not vengeful, but it affirmative action has clearly discriminated against many fine Canadians over the past 20 years.

Canada has something to the tune of 45 recognized religions, which means holidays, spiritual practices, customs and so fourth for each of those religions are allowed to be practiced. If you look at RCMP reports in some larger centers like Vancouver, you can see machete attacks are sometimes quite frequent. I can't carry a knife much longer than a bread knife but an East Indian can carry something like a machete because of his religion.

I am not attacking any one visible minority per sey, and I use Asians as an example because I strongly feel that not only Asians, but Iranians, East Indians... are convoluting what it is to be a Canadian. We have people in Canada, visible minorities, who openly state that they hate our country and want us dead. Growing up just outside Vancouver, as a white Canadian, all my mates and I were subject to racist comments from East Indians and abuse, beatings, etc. I am not saying it doesn't go the other way also, but in my vast experience we never instigated that.

It is common knowledge in Vancouver that East Indians are trouble makers, and they love to work in packs. Working the nightclub scene this is confirmed. In fact, I do have a few East Indian friends who are "normal": they openly admit what I have just said. It is simply undeniable. I loved the nickname "bleach boy." Or getting jumped at a gas station at 16 because I am white.

My point is that Canada's policies toward immigration and our way of life should be more strictly enforced. That's right, no, you are not allowed to send your kids to a East Indian primary school: the 2 official languages of Canada are English and French, not Indian, not Chinese, not Japenese...

As for dcolton, that last post is totally fuxxed. Canada is in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some 24 Canadian soldiers have been killed over there, one a female Captain as of recent. In fact, being a former member of the military, a few of my friends had friends killed over there.

We do support the war on terror and protecting North America. Our military is getting a 5 billion dollar budget increase over the next 4-5 years.

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2006, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by dcolton
what is with all of these canadian threads? If you want to talk about the war on terror, don't bring canada in the list. Their contribution is non-existent. Yes, they sent a handful of soldiers (humanitarian soldiers) to Afghanistan, but when it comes down to it...what has canada done? canada is a risk to North American and needs to be taken over by the US for our own protection.
Sigh. Ignorance at its finest.... what else would we expect from dcolton. It is amazing he has the cognitive ability to utilize a computer.

Canada has been involved in the WoT since day one, just not in the war in Iraq (and rightfully so). Canadian special forces were on the ground on day one. The US department of defense awarded medals to Canadian snipers in the initial Afghanistan war, for actions that saved the lives of US soldiers. Recently, a Canadian general was placed in charge of the NATO forces in Afghanistan, and in the last month or so Canada has had over 20 soldiers killed in combative actions with the Taliban.

Our soldiers are in no way there as a humanitarian mission...their recent missions have been more of the seek and destroy type.

You are the epitome of an ignorant human being.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2006, 10:17 PM

I am not attacking any one visible minority per sey, and I use Asians as an example because I strongly feel that not only Asians, but Iranians, East Indians... are convoluting what it is to be a Canadian. We have people in Canada, visible minorities, who openly state that they hate our country and want us dead.

My point is that Canada's policies toward immigration and our way of life should be more strictly enforced. That's right, no, you are not allowed to send your kids to a East Indian primary school: the 2 official languages of Canada are English and French, not Indian, not Chinese, not Japenese...
And yet, we as a nation have discriminated against, cheated, lied to, stole from and threatened the only people in our country who are truly "Canadian" - the Native Americans. Your very last sentence is the ultimate example of this: our two official languages (and, as Brian Mulroney famously said during his Meech Lake campaign, our "two founding peoples") do not include - or deliberately exclude - any mention of those we have so horribly wronged since our very inception, and before.

I don't think "Canadians" - or anyone else who came here on a boat - have any damn right talking trash about immigrants.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 15, 2006, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by James L
Sigh. Ignorance at its finest.... what else would we expect from dcolton. It is amazing he has the cognitive ability to utilize a computer.

Canada has been involved in the WoT since day one, just not in the war in Iraq (and rightfully so). Canadian special forces were on the ground on day one. The US department of defense awarded medals to Canadian snipers in the initial Afghanistan war, for actions that saved the lives of US soldiers. Recently, a Canadian general was placed in charge of the NATO forces in Afghanistan, and in the last month or so Canada has had over 20 soldiers killed in combative actions with the Taliban.

Our soldiers are in no way there as a humanitarian mission...their recent missions have been more of the seek and destroy type.

You are the epitome of an ignorant human being.
Wow, does the canadian government lie to you on a regular basis. Your military is pathetic and your efforts to fight terrorism is non-existent. Sheesh, John Kerry won medals for a scratch. As for NATO, regretfully, the organization has made a mistake allowing Canada to participate (you wouldn't even be there if you weren't a white nation riding on the coat tails of the US). As for soldiers killed...how does that mean your effort in the WoT is useful? What has canada done since 9-11, except for criticize the states non-stop? Just put your heads back in the sand and maybe we can actually make some headway on the wot instead of listening to you brag about dead canadian soldiers on a humanitarian mission.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2006, 10:58 PM

Wow, does the canadian government lie to you on a regular basis. Your military is pathetic and your efforts to fight terrorism is non-existent. Sheesh, John Kerry won medals for a scratch. As for NATO, regretfully, the organization has made a mistake allowing Canada to participate (you wouldn't even be there if you weren't a white nation riding on the coat tails of the US). As for soldiers killed...how does that mean your effort in the WoT is useful? What has canada done since 9-11, except for criticize the states non-stop? Just put your heads back in the sand and maybe we can actually make some headway on the wot instead of listening to you brag about dead canadian soldiers on a humanitarian mission.
Save that fire for the P/L "buddy"

dcolton
Banned
Aug 15, 2006, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by sek929
Save that fire for the P/L "buddy"
Shut up

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2006, 11:32 PM

last i remember, dcolton is BANNED from the P/L. poor basturd, doesn't know what he's not missing

dcolton
Banned
Aug 15, 2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock
last i remember, dcolton is BANNED from the P/L. poor basturd, doesn't know what he's not missing
When you look at my icon, does it say banned?

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2006, 11:40 PM

I post in the P/L at will.

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 12:18 AM

Wow, does the canadian government lie to you on a regular basis.
Nope. Everything I said was fact.

Fact: Canadian special forces were on the ground in Afghanistan as far back as 2001.

Fact: Canadian forces have been on the ground in Afghanistan since then.

Fact: Canadians hold high positions of authority in the current Afghanistan mission.

Fact: Canadian soldiers have been highly praised by members of the US military (as opposed to trolls like yourself).

No lies... just fact.

Just put your heads back in the sand and maybe we can actually make some headway on the wot instead of listening to you brag about dead canadian soldiers on a humanitarian mission.
What are YOU doing about the WoT? Not the US, YOU.

Please, tell us how YOU are fighting the WoT.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 12:24 AM

Am I going crazy or did demonhood lock this thread?
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

dcolton
Banned
Aug 16, 2006, 12:36 AM

Nope. Everything I said was fact.

Fact: Canadian special forces were on the ground in Afghanistan as far back as 2001.

Fact: Canadian forces have been on the ground in Afghanistan since then.

Fact: Canadians hold high positions of authority in the current Afghanistan mission.

Fact: Canadian soldiers have been highly praised by members of the US military (as opposed to trolls like yourself).

No lies... just fact.
Fact, there were canadians in Vietnam...it doesn't mean they made a difference.

Fact, canadian forces in Afghanistan are mainly humanitarian forces... an impotent force that does the effort zero.

Fact, canada, is regretfully part of NATO. We have to throw a bone or two to the ineffective force. Nonetheless, do you think the US would actually allow a nation as insignificant as canada to make life and death decisions for US soldiers? On top of that, it is symbolic...sort of like the Queen on your looney...(will you ever become 100% independent instead of holding onto an antiquated idea of commonwealth nations? The brits could give two shits about canada.

Fact, diplomats tend to praise so called allies (something lost when a nation is as insignificant as canada)...so I believe praise has been issued for your humanitarian efforts. But, do you have any links?
What are YOU doing about the WoT? Not the US, YOU.
more than any pussified canadian hiding their heads in the sand.
Please, tell us how YOU are fighting the WoT.
Is there an echo in hear...or did you just get a little canadian woody with your sophomoric argument? But if you must know, I spy on canada in this war on terror.

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 12:38 AM

First, let me address the accusation that I am racist. My example is that, as a Canadian, while we are socially open to new cultures, I think I speak for many when I say it is time to at least recognize and make more known what it is to be Canadian and what to expect living in our society. There are things that you can't understand, like being told you are not going to be considered for a job because you are not a visible minority (affirmative action). That can leave a bad taste in someone's mouth. I am not vengeful, but it affirmative action has clearly discriminated against many fine Canadians over the past 20 years.
If you are saying that you always want to ensure that a national identity is maintained, I agree with that.

I don't really care who maintains it though. They can be Caucasian, African-American, Indo-Canadian, Asian, whatever. Means no difference to me. Race should never be a barrier to citizenship.

I wonder how many nations besides Canada have affirmative action. I would bet the majority of western nations do.

Canada has something to the tune of 45 recognized religions, which means holidays, spiritual practices, customs and so fourth for each of those religions are allowed to be practiced. If you look at RCMP reports in some larger centers like Vancouver, you can see machete attacks are sometimes quite frequent. I can't carry a knife much longer than a bread knife but an East Indian can carry something like a machete because of his religion.
I look at RCMP reports often, I work with them daily. VERY few of the knife or machete attacks you refer to have anything to do at all with the kirpan.

I am not attacking any one visible minority per sey, and I use Asians as an example because I strongly feel that not only Asians, but Iranians, East Indians... are convoluting what it is to be a Canadian. We have people in Canada, visible minorities, who openly state that they hate our country and want us dead. Growing up just outside Vancouver, as a white Canadian, all my mates and I were subject to racist comments from East Indians and abuse, beatings, etc. I am not saying it doesn't go the other way also, but in my vast experience we never instigated that.
All countries have people in them that say they hate the country they live in. Canada has many WHITE people in it who say they hate living here too. Ignorance has little to do with skin color.

I did grow up just outside of Vancouver, I am a white Canadian, and I haven't had race issues. That is not to take away from your experiences, but simply to show that your experiences are not everyones.

Working in emergency services like I do, I see the end result of discrimination all too often. Trust me when I say it cuts both ways. As I am sure it does in most developed countries.

It is common knowledge in Vancouver that East Indians are trouble makers, and they love to work in packs. Working the nightclub scene this is confirmed. In fact, I do have a few East Indian friends who are "normal": they openly admit what I have just said. It is simply undeniable. I loved the nickname "bleach boy." Or getting jumped at a gas station at 16 because I am white.
While I wouldn't say that it is common knowledge that East Indians are trouble makers (unless you are foolish enough to believe the media), I will definitely say that there seems to be a strange occurence where second generation immigrants often struggle to find their identity, and many do fall into patterns of violence. I won't just put this on the EI population, nor do I believe this only occurs in Canada.

No comment either way really, other than to say if the population of Canada chose to ban private schools, they would have to ban ALL private schools.

As for dcolton, that last post is totally fuxxed. Canada is in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some 24 Canadian soldiers have been killed over there, one a female Captain as of recent. In fact, being a former member of the military, a few of my friends had friends killed over there.

We do support the war on terror and protecting North America. Our military is getting a 5 billion dollar budget increase over the next 4-5 years.
Don't confuse dcolton with facts, he can't troll as well when you do.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2006, 12:42 AM

Is there an echo in hear...
if you wanna pussyfoot around the questions, at least learn the correct spelling of here..

"is there an echo in hear?" absolutely idiotic

have a nice day

Alex

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 12:43 AM

more than any pussified canadian hiding their heads in the sand.

Is there an echo in hear...or did you just get a little canadian woody with your sophomoric argument? But if you must know, I spy on canada in this war on terror.
So, nothing?

Are you in the military?

Are you in government intelligence?

Hav you served overseas in the last few years?

Facts please.

The more you dodge direct questions, the less credibility you have. Let's hear what YOU are doing to fight the WoT, so we know you are in a position of credibility to criticize those who put their lives on the line each day to fight the WoT.

Or, are you really just a worthless troll like you appear to be?

dcolton
Banned
Aug 16, 2006, 01:02 AM

So, nothing?

Are you in the military?

Are you in government intelligence?

Hav you served overseas in the last few years?

Facts please.

The more you dodge direct questions, the less credibility you have. Let's hear what YOU are doing to fight the WoT, so we know you are in a position of credibility to criticize those who put their lives on the line each day to fight the WoT.

Or, are you really just a worthless troll like you appear to be?
Once again, I must say that your question is quite sophomoric. Are you out of high school yet? I answered your question, I spy on canada.

James L
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 01:24 AM

Once again, I must say that your question is quite sophomoric. Are you out of high school yet? I answered your question, I spy on canada.
Gotcha. So, YOU do nothing to truly help fight the WoT, yet criticize those brave enough to do so.

Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.

Nothing to see here folks.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 16, 2006, 01:45 AM

Gotcha. So, YOU do nothing to truly help fight the WoT, yet criticize those brave enough to do so.

Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.

Nothing to see here folks.
You've got nothing. How pathetic are canadians when their only defense is...what are you doing to prevent forest fires.

Utterly moronic and sophomoric. (Do I need to define any words for you).

Nicko
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2006, 04:47 AM

"I am getting tired of the melting pot society in Canada. Downtown Vancouver something like 45% asian. "

I love the first part of your post but then you write this at the end. Come on man, just lighten up, Canada isn't a melting pot like the US, we are all about multi-culturalism. Don't be afraid, go eat some Dim Sum in china town or grab some lebanese mezze or even some Indian tikka. IMO nothing helps peace and understanding more than food

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2006, 04:50 AM

When you look at my icon, does it say banned?
when your banned from a single forum nothing shows you are banned. Be honest now

dcolton
Banned
Aug 16, 2006, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
when your banned from a single forum nothing shows you are banned. Be honest now
Thus, I am not banned!
I am coming back in a few days though...one way or another since DH has ignored my PM's. See how long it takes for you an everyone else to figure out who I am.

freudling  (op)
Banned
Aug 16, 2006, 06:11 AM

If you are saying that you always want to ensure that a national identity is maintained, I agree with that.

I don't really care who maintains it though. They can be Caucasian, African-American, Indo-Canadian, Asian, whatever. Means no difference to me. Race should never be a barrier to citizenship.

This oversimplifies it.

I wonder how many nations besides Canada have affirmative action. I would bet the majority of western nations do.

Not sure what the point of this is.

All countries have people in them that say they hate the country they live in. Canada has many WHITE people in it who say they hate living here too. Ignorance has little to do with skin color.

It is fact that visible minorities have engaged in terrorists plots against Canada as of recent, complete with plans to behead our Prime Minister. These people are beyond idle tea room talk.

I did grow up just outside of Vancouver, I am a white Canadian, and I haven't had race issues. That is not to take away from your experiences, but simply to show that your experiences are not everyones.

Understandable, and neither are yours. I strongly feel I am qualified in making an inductive generalization on this issue based on my experience.

Working in emergency services like I do, I see the end result of discrimination all too often. Trust me when I say it cuts both ways. As I am sure it does in most developed countries.

Naturally.

No comment either way really, other than to say if the population of Canada chose to ban private schools, they would have to ban ALL private schools.

Oversimplifying again. No, they would not have to ban all private schools. As long as the schools teach Canadian curriculum, and in either French or English or both... This is a major cultural issue: my point being that people have to integrate into our society and make sacrifices from their homeland.

As for the recent barrage of articles on, primarily East Indians having trouble finding a good job in their field, I don't feel sorry for them. Guys with PHDs driving cab or working as security guards. Nobody, nobody told them they had to come to our country. Think about it, someone who spends a significant amount of their life in, say, India, decides to immigrate to Vancouver. He has a PHD in medicine and feels he has good prospects. Except wait a minute. His English is poor, he hardly knows anybody, and his way of thinking and world view are different.

So he tries to secure work in his field by competing against Canadians educated at expensive Universities armed with a Canadian perspective. Of course it will be difficult to compete. This is North America. These people come here to compete against North American kids and there is obviously going to be integration troubles.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2006, 10:35 AM

Thus, I am not banned!
I am coming back in a few days though...one way or another since DH has ignored my PM's. See how long it takes for you an everyone else to figure out who I am.
A not-very-smart person? Yeah, we've already figured that one out.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2006, 11:37 AM

dcolton = rolling "insert whatever here"

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2006, 11:39 AM

not the same guy if that's what you're thinking

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2006, 12:37 PM

Shut up
Abannedmembersayswhat?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2006, 10:06 PM

Heh. I got him banned. Or he got himself banned. Whatever

Now if only Mojo2 and Pachead would follow in his footsteps

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

dcolton
Banned
Nov 18, 2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Heh. I got him banned. Or he got himself banned. Whatever

Now if only Mojo2 and Pachead would follow in his footsteps
Um, no you didn't

hayesk
Nov 19, 2006, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by dcolton View Post
What has canada done since 9-11, except for criticize the states non-stop? Just put your heads back in the sand and maybe we can actually make some headway on the wot instead of listening to you brag about dead canadian soldiers on a humanitarian mission.
Oh sure, showing the middle east that western nations can use their military for humanitarian missions will never do anything to improve their opinion of the west. How could that ever have any effect on terrorism from the middle east?

Isn't that what military is for? Defending the peace and liberty of innocent people? Isn't that humanitarian?

Not only that, more Americans have criticized the US government's war on terror than Canadians. In fact most of the world has criticized the US government's war on terror.

So why the hatred toward Canada? How do your reasons for hating Canada not apply to at least half of your own nation?

And how exactly has Canada's criticism hampered the US government's war on terror? I thought you said Canada was insignificant. But then you said Canadians' criticism is holding back headway on the war on terror? Which is it? Make up your mind.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 19, 2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by hayesk View Post
Oh sure, showing the middle east that western nations can use their military for humanitarian missions will never do anything to improve their opinion of the west. How could that ever have any effect on terrorism from the middle east?

Isn't that what military is for? Defending the peace and liberty of innocent people? Isn't that humanitarian?
NO, THE MILITARY IS NOT FOR HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS! Maybe a pathetic military that couldn't beat their way out of a polastic bag. Serious militaries concentrate on defense, not airlifting MRE's to the enemy. This is why canada is pathetic.
Not only that, more Americans have criticized the US government's war on terror than Canadians. In fact most of the world has criticized the US government's war on terror.
Umm, they are AMERICAN...there is a difference between an American criticizing their own government and an insignificant people criticizing the US governement for whatever reason.
So why the hatred toward Canada? How do your reasons for hating Canada not apply to at least half of your own nation?
Once again, Americans have the RIGHT to criticize their own nation. Actions like calling the American people stupid, stomping on Bush dolls and the overall vitriol expresses by the canucks is a borderline act of war. If it were up to me, we would have already eliminated the canadian issue.
And how exactly has Canada's criticism hampered the US government's war on terror? I thought you said Canada was insignificant. But then you said Canadians' criticism is holding back headway on the war on terror? Which is it? Make up your mind.
One bad apple can ruin the crop. Why can't canadians be more like Mexico. Mind your own damned business...accept the fact that you are an insignificant nation and shut the F Up.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by dcolton View Post
NO, THE MILITARY IS NOT FOR HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS! Maybe a pathetic military that couldn't beat their way out of a polastic bag. Serious militaries concentrate on defense, not airlifting MRE's to the enemy. This is why canada is pathetic.

Umm, they are AMERICAN...there is a difference between an American criticizing their own government and an insignificant people criticizing the US governement for whatever reason.

Once again, Americans have the RIGHT to criticize their own nation. Actions like calling the American people stupid, stomping on Bush dolls and the overall vitriol expresses by the canucks is a borderline act of war. If it were up to me, we would have already eliminated the canadian issue.

One bad apple can ruin the crop. Why can't canadians be more like Mexico. Mind your own damned business...accept the fact that you are an insignificant nation and shut the F Up.
Hey dcolton! Nice to see you back rummaging the same usual, useless garbage!

Aren't you glad Canada is on top of you on the map?

dcolton
Banned
Nov 19, 2006, 07:09 PM

Just maintaining matriculation while spreading the truth about our enemy to the north.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2006, 07:10 PM

Hey DC, stop being an idiot and take this into the p/l.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 19, 2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Hey DC, stop being an idiot and take this into the p/l.
no!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2006, 07:17 PM

Or at least get a mod to switch this to the p/l, it really doesn't belong here.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 19, 2006, 07:19 PM

What are you crying about?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2006, 07:28 PM

That you have turned a normal thread into a Canada hate-fest.

You got banned 3 months ago and felt the need to resurrect this dumb-ass thread, showing how ridiculous you really are.

Seriously dude, ask the mods to move this so you can continue to talk about political things without mucking up the lounge with more nonsense.

Forum Links
Forum Rules