Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Will the new mac ship with the developer tools?

Will the new mac ship with the developer tools?
tacojohnellenich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2001, 10:11 AM

Now that OS X is pre-installed on all mac, will we get the developer tools disk also??

[This message has been edited by tacojohnellenich (edited 05-23-2001).]

BrentN
May 25, 2001, 12:19 AM

I read on a mailing list that someone received an OS X preinstalled system, but no developer tools.

I want to know if the Dev CD will be available as a special order, or downloadable from the Apple web site.

beeduul
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2001, 11:21 AM

I just got a new iBook, but before Apple started pre-installing X. I'm suspecting that the copy they send me through the Up-To-Date program won't have the dev tools.

However, the ProjectBuilder page on the Apple Dev site has a mention of a forthcoming free download of ProjectBuilder and associated dev tools, although there's not much more than that, and no mention of a timeframe.

What does the Dev Tools CD that comes with the boxed X come with, anyway?

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2001, 02:06 PM

What do you want, a full rundown of files?

The developer tools, you know... Project Builder, Interface Builder, various performance tools, all the commandline tools (cvs, cc, etc), icon editing stuff, example code, documentation....

Jug-dish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2001, 03:18 PM

I just received a new iBook yesterday with OSX preinstalled. I can confirm that it did not come with the Developer CD. I posted to the iBook forum to see whether or not Apple simply forgot to include the disk with my package. I got a reply that there was no mistake. New Macs will come with OSX, but no Developer CD. Is there some other way to acquire the Developer Tools CD?

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 2, 2001, 05:41 PM

I know Apple are planning on making their updated Developer Tools (that they gave out at WWDC) downloadable, perhaps they'll make both an update to 1.0 and a full downloadable version available.

Forum Links
Forum Rules