Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > John Gibson: "We need more white babies."

John Gibson: "We need more white babies."
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2006, 02:44 PM

GIBSON: Now, it's time for "My Word." Do your duty. Make more babies. That's a lesson drawn out of two interesting stories over the last couple of days.

First, a story yesterday that half of the kids in this country under five years old are minorities. By far, the greatest number are Hispanic. You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic. Why is that? Well, Hispanics are having more kids than others. Notably, the ones Hispanics call "gabachos" -- white people -- are having fewer.

Now, in this country, European ancestry people, white people, are having kids at the rate that does sustain the population. It grows a bit. That compares to Europe where the birth rate is in the negative zone. They are not having enough babies to sustain their population. Consequently, they are inviting in more and more immigrants every year to take care of things and those immigrants are having way more babies than the native population, hence Eurabia.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195193,00.html

I almost choked when I saw this on the Colbert Report the other night. What does it take to get a reprimand from Fox News, anyway?

EDIT: Now I see that he has released a "clarification," in which he says "My concern was simply that I didn't want America to become Europe, where the birthrate is so low the continent is quickly being populated by immigrants...whose birthrate is very high."

In the United States, that immigrant population is hispanic. He later states "If you look at the demographic trends — as I have — you could conclude — as I have — that 50 years from now Europe will be brown and Muslim, and America will be brown and Christian. I am fine with that America and I have said so many times. I'd rather live with the Christians here than live under Sharia law in Europe."

So it still doesn't make sense. Which is it? Is he afraid of an immigrant population with a high birthrate, or isn't he? It seems to me like he just wants to get away with making a thinly-veiled racist remark, so that racist listeners will understand the "coded language" wrapped in plausible deniability.
( Last edited by SpaceMonkey; May 17, 2006 at 02:53 PM. )

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 02:49 PM

I'm not sure what to say. I can't say I like what either decision implicates.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 17, 2006, 02:55 PM

I think his wife stopped having sex with him and he's looking for an outlet for his frustration.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2006, 03:05 PM

What he's saying is that the United States is becoming Mexico.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 17, 2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg

What he's saying is that it's not as white as he wants it to be. The n*ggers, ch*nks, and sp*cs need to get out of "his" country.

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 03:08 PM

Only in terms of race.

abe
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 03:10 PM

This website purports to be written by a former Muslim but it is as inflammatory as something by any non-Muslim. Yet, he says things that I have read elsewhere and find believable.

http://www.masada2000.org/Islam-Rules.html

Keep your Nukes in your curio cabinets. Keep your aircraft carrier or high-tech weaponry in the showcase. You can't use them against us because of your own higher moral standard. We will take the advantage of your higher moral standard and use it against you. We won’t hesitate to use our children as suicide bomber against you.

Visualize the news flash all over the world, …Moslem mother is sobbing, ….crying. ….Her babies are killed by Jews and Americans, the whole world is watching live. Hundreds of millions of Muslims all around the world are boiling. They will march through Europe. We will use our women to produce more babies who will in turn be used as armor/shield. Our babies are the gift from Allah for Jihad.

West manufactures their tanks in the factory. We will manufacture our military force by natural means, by producing more babies. That is the way it is cheaper.

You infidels at this site cannot defeat us. We are 1.2 billion. We will double again. Do you have enough bullets to kill us?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

SpaceMonkey  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2006, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by abe
This website purports to be written by a former Muslim but it is as inflammatory as something by any non-Muslim. Yet, he says things that I have read elsewhere and find believable.

http://www.masada2000.org/Islam-Rules.html
Gibson's remarks were about immigrant Hispanics having a higher birthrate than white Americans.

abe
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
Gibson's remarks were about immigrant Hispanics having a higher birthrate than white Americans.
I guess that's what it means, then.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 17, 2006, 03:32 PM

If Mexico's biggest problem were the people's race, they would be in good shape.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2006, 03:47 PM

Dang, I've been saying that for YEARS. "Blacks" aand "Mexicans" reproduce like freakin' rabbits as far as their race in general, so yeah, all of us crackas will be overrun by "minorities" in a another 60 years.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2006, 03:50 PM

Hmmmm ..... somehow the classic 1990 hip-hop album by Public Enemy called Fear of A Black Planet comes to mind.

OAW

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
Dang, I've been saying that for YEARS. "Blacks" aand "Mexicans" reproduce like freakin' rabbits as far as their race in general, so yeah, all of us crackas will be overrun by "minorities" in a another 60 years.
Well, its not a matter of race so much as economic level and education..

DBursey
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 05:13 PM

I like making white babies! Well actually I do a gorgeous shade of pink.

Parental pariah or proud paternal purveyor of pink progeny? Probably.

Rumor
May 17, 2006, 05:29 PM

I've never seen a "white" baby, but I have seen a few "pinkish" babies.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2006, 06:15 PM

Actually, I just read that whites will be a minority in only 8 years.

Gosh, does that mean that whites will automatically be qualified for jobs, college, and housing?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
May 17, 2006, 07:35 PM

Right then Biel, you heard the man.... ...let's get to it. And you Love-Hewitt. No slacking.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2006, 09:55 PM

Actually, I just read that whites will be a minority in only 8 years.

Gosh, does that mean that whites will automatically be qualified for jobs, college, and housing?

That would be cool.

I've been wanting to be a victim my entire life.

Sure beats taking responsibility for my decisions!

abe
Professional Poster
May 17, 2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
That would be cool.

I've been wanting to be a victim my entire life.

Sure beats taking responsibility for my decisions!
When you imply that minorities take advantage of the system and/or guilty whites by playing the victim role you are just generalizing, of course.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2006, 11:07 PM

No, I'm implying that the system unfairly punishes non-minorities.

Monique
Mac Elite
May 18, 2006, 10:25 AM

So what; the United States will look more hispanic. It is still going to be the United States.

Taliesin
Mac Elite
May 18, 2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Monique
So what; the United States will look more hispanic. It is still going to be the United States.
Exactly, as far as I can remember the US was always a mix of different races and people, there were german, english, french, italian, irish, russian... even chinese colonists, later on blacks were imported, after the natives were reduced, and California was part of Mexico, where spanish colonists resided, until it changed to join the US...and semites (arabs and jews) joined, too...

so where's the problem all of a sudden?

As long as most people in the US are going through the same education, speak the same language, pay taxes with the same money and are loyal to the constitution, there should be no problem.

Taliesin

P.S.: Abe, you crack me up with your islamophobia.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2006, 11:10 AM

Not MORE hispanic...

HISPANIC.

abe
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Taliesin
Exactly, as far as I can remember the US was always a mix of different races and people, there were german, english, french, italian, irish, russian... even chinese colonists, later on blacks were imported, after the natives were reduced, and California was part of Mexico, where spanish colonists resided, until it changed to join the US...and semites (arabs and jews) joined, too...

As long as most people in the US are going through the same education, speak the same language, pay taxes with the same money and are loyal to the constitution, there should be no problem.

Taliesin

How do you define Islamophobia?

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 11:13 AM

going through the same education, speak the same language,
Those would be my two foremost worries.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 18, 2006, 12:00 PM

Taliesin

I'll tell you the problem. People from Europe flooded to America, but they became American. Modern day immigrants (especially illegals) do not integrate. They call it their "culture," and many refuse to even learn English. It's okay to bring aspects of your culture, of course...but all while rejecting American culture and language?

There's a fascinating double standard. Blacks are allowed to celebrate their uniqueness while publishing magazines like Black Enterprise. Imagine if whites put out a magazine called White Enterprise. They would be branded as racists and the magazine would be shut down. Mexicans have formed their own culture within the U.S. Go to Houston or Southern California and it's obvious. Every race is allowed to be proud of their race except for whites.

Whites are supposed to feel guilty for being white.

American does not mean white. It doesn't mean black. It doesn't mean any other skin color or ethnicity. Being American is living American, speaking the common language, integrating yourself within the culture, and being proud of being an American. Hanging a Mexican flag outside of your house is not American (I can just feel the response that one is going to get).

The whole point is this...
Once you come to America and gain citizenship, BECOME AMERICAN!

I don't care if a person is black, white, hispanic, asian, or anything else. My family taught me better than that. I do care if you try to change America into something that it's not. Work hard, gain knowledge, and be an upstanding citizen. That's all I ask.

[EDIT]...AND COME LEGALLY!!!

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
Every race is allowed to be proud of their race except for whites.
I don't buy that. St. Patty's Day, Oktoberfest... You can celebrate your European roots freely.

PacHead
Baninated
May 18, 2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
Those would be my two foremost worries.
Yeah, the problem with most of the illegal Mexicans, or any Mexicans for that matter, is that Mexico's education system is complete garbage.

About 2/3 of them never even complete high school, they're not exactly bright, educated or resourceful people. What kind of a country wants to import complete idiots ? These immigrants bring down the level of the country. The USA will be a dumber country 10 years from now, since it will be comprised of far more dumb (literally) people who lack basic intellectual skills. Where do many dumb people who have not even completed high school end up ? Welfare. Who's going to pay for all the services for all of these dumb people ? We are. And let's not forget the language situation, these damn people can't even speak English, and people who cannot speak English are morons who have no business being in the USA. Kick them out now. I don't give a crap about anybody's skin color, but I do give a crap about people entering the country who are dumb. These dumb people have lots of babies. The dumb babies will grow up into dumb adults, and the amount of smart people in the country will diminish. The same situation is taking place in Europe, where they've imported tons of not so smart people from the third world. We're not exactly talking about Nobel prize winners here.

( Last edited by PacHead; May 18, 2006 at 12:18 PM. )

Rumor
May 18, 2006, 12:12 PM

I guess I'm one up on most, since I'm half Hispanic.

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
And let's not forget the language situation, these damn people can't even speak English, and people who cannot speak English are morons who have no business being in the USA.
Can't say that till we have a national language.

Rumor
May 18, 2006, 12:18 PM

Yeah, the problem with most of the illegal Mexicans, or any Mexicans for that matter, is that Mexico's education system is complete garbage.

About 2/3 of them never even complete high school, they're not exactly bright, educated or resourceful people. What kind of a country wants to import complete idiots ? These immigrants bring down the level of the country. The USA will be a dumber country 10 years from now, since it will be comprised of far more dumb (literally) people who lack basic intellectual skills. Where do many dumb people who have not even completed high school end up ? Welfare. Who's going to pay for all the services for all of these dumb people ? We are. And let's not forget the language situation, these damn people can't even speak English, and people who cannot speak English are morons who have no business being in the USA. Kick them out now.

That's not entirely accurate. I believe it's been stated and possibly shown before that the children of immigrants have a higher rate of completion for secondary schools.

PacHead
Baninated
May 18, 2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor
That's not entirely accurate. I believe it's been stated and possibly shown before that the children of immigrants have a higher rate of completion for secondary schools.
Well, that's certainly possible, but the people currently coming here from Mexico aren't children of immigrants, most would probably fall into the category of the 2/3 of Mexicans who've never completed high school.

The USA should be far more strict and certain requirements should be met inorder to immigrate or become an American. If people have businesses to run, would they hire a moron as an employee ? Why should a country import people who don't meet basic standards ?

PacHead
Baninated
May 18, 2006, 12:30 PM

You're right about that, and it's about time that some law or amendment is passed making English the official language of the USA.

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 12:33 PM

You're right about that, and it's about time that some law or amendment is passed making English the official language of the USA.
I would not be opposed.

Rumor
May 18, 2006, 12:47 PM

Well, that's certainly possible, but the people currently coming here from Mexico aren't children of immigrants, most would probably fall into the category of the 2/3 of Mexicans who've never completed high school.

The USA should be far more strict and certain requirements should be met inorder to immigrate or become an American. If people have businesses to run, would they hire a moron as an employee ? Why should a country import people who don't meet basic standards ?
To actually immigrate legally into this country is no easy task. The problem which I believe you are referring to, is with illegal immigration only and not immigration as a whole. While the illegal immigrants have a tendancy to be poorly educated, thier children are becoming more and more highly educated. Which for some is the reason that they immigrate here in the first place, be it legally or illegally, is to give thier children a better future.

http://nces.ed.gov/das/library/table...p&tableID=1880

That's a link to a survey done showing the percentage of graduates from a 4 year college by race in 1997. I'll look for one more recent as I believe the numbers have changed drastically.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 18, 2006, 01:14 PM

We do. It's much like how we don't have any law establishing that the sun will shine in the day, but it works out that way anyhow.

Incidentally, I thought this thread was about Mel Gibson's racist daddy the first time I saw it.
Chuck
___

SpaceMonkey  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2006, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
I'll tell you the problem. People from Europe flooded to America, but they became American. Modern day immigrants (especially illegals) do not integrate. They call it their "culture," and many refuse to even learn English. It's okay to bring aspects of your culture, of course...but all while rejecting American culture and language?
That assimilation process of earlier European immigrants took a couple of generations. 100-150 years ago, there was no end to complaining about Irish/German/Polish/whatever immigrants flooding Eastern cities and not being "American" enough: drinking too much, having too many babies, not being educated enough, causing crime, etc. Sounds familiar. The social dynamics of the modern immigrant generation are not new.

Monique
Mac Elite
May 18, 2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
That assimilation process of earlier European immigrants took a couple of generations. 100-150 years ago, there was no end to complaining about Irish/German/Polish/whatever immigrants flooding Eastern cities and not being "American" enough: drinking too much, having too many babies, not being educated enough, causing crime, etc. Sounds familiar. The social dynamics of the modern immigrant generation are not new.

Exactly it takes one or 2 generations before those immigrants are assimilated. Like space says those immigrants did not speak any English.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 18, 2006, 02:11 PM

This thread reminds me of Blazing Saddles.

"Alll, right. We'll take the n*ggers and the ch*nks... but we don't want the Irish!"

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2006, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Monique

Exactly it takes one or 2 generations before those immigrants are assimilated. Like space says those immigrants did not speak any English.
The problem is that there are large pockets of immigrants in this country where second or third generation children have learned to function WITHOUT having to assimilate. So, the usual model of simply waiting for the 2nd or 3rd generation to fully assimilate and integrate into society no longer works.

Besides, I think there is also a major structural change going on here. 100 years ago immigrants came to this country to make a better life here for themselves and their descendants, frequently leaving behind for good family back home. Many--I would say a majority--of immigrants today, legal or illegal, see the US as an opportunity to make life better for their families back home, taking full advantage of US citizenship seems to be of secondary importance.

I think that if an immigrant wants to come to this country they need to be willing to make this country their primary national priority and forget about the birth country. As it stands now, I see too many immigrants, even second and third generation immigrants, still fixated on their "home" country. If they want to be US citizens, they need to think of the US as home or don't bother coming. Can you imagine what it would be like if, as a new emigre in some European country, I spent all my time and energy focused on the US instead of on adapting to living in my new country? Why, you would be the laughing-stock of whatever country you happened to be in!
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
We do. It's much like how we don't have any law establishing that the sun will shine in the day, but it works out that way anyhow.
Eeeeh? You can not speak english. You can't avoid having the sun rise.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 18, 2006, 02:48 PM

You can refuse to speak English just like you can refuse to acknowledge the sun, but that doesn't change the fact that English is the language of the US. Just because there isn't a law stating something doesn't mean it ain't so.
Chuck
___

Rumor
May 18, 2006, 02:53 PM

I decree, by the power invested in me by no one in particular, that English (American, not British) is now the Formal Language of the United States of America.

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
You can refuse to speak English just like you can refuse to acknowledge the sun, but that doesn't change the fact that English is the language of the US. Just because there isn't a law stating something doesn't mean it ain't so.
That must be why they offer spanish on so many phone menus. That must be why there are schools that teach ins spanish. Because english is our national language.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2006, 03:07 PM

That must be why they offer spanish on so many phone menus. That must be why there are schools that teach ins spanish. Because english is our national language.
No, that's because there are too many Mexicans that won't assimilate.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Dakar
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
No, that's because there are too many Mexicans that won't assimilate.
Yeah, why should they. It's not like we force them to speak english because it's not our national language.

PacHead
Baninated
May 18, 2006, 03:16 PM

And regarding the people in this thread who were talking about second and third generation immigrants, in Europe it is the exact opposite with many Muslims. It is the second and third generations who become even more radical than their parents often, and you end up with bus bombings in London etc. Instead of becoming more assimilated, some are becoming increasingly hostile to their new homes.

tie
Professional Poster
May 18, 2006, 03:45 PM

Okay, but I don't think that is an issue here in the US. Not too many Mexican terrorists.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by tie
Okay, but I don't think that is an issue here in the US. Not too many Mexican terrorists.
Do some research on border states, large cities, crime, and the perps.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 18, 2006, 03:53 PM

What a silly claim. If I go to Canada and make a phone menu in Japanese, does Japanese become an official language of Canada?

The simple fact is, everybody here except a couple of first-generation immigrants speaks English.
Chuck
___

Forum Links
Forum Rules