Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Election 2020

Election 2020 (Page 11)
OreoCookie
Jan 16, 2021, 06:30 AM

If that’s the label they use, that’s fair. Your amount of digging is commendable
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thorzdad
Jan 16, 2021, 03:02 PM

The My Pillow guy met with Trump Friday. A photographer snapped a pic of the notes he had prepared, and they appear to show that he's pushing Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and eventually declare martial law before Biden is sworn in.
[set curmudgeon_mode=1]

Doc HM
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2021, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
The My Pillow guy met with Trump Friday. A photographer snapped a pic of the notes he had prepared, and they appear to show that he's pushing Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and eventually declare martial law before Biden is sworn in.
Just checked out his website. Dear God. It's like the internet 2004 on there. Classy! And yet he sells pillows.

Also solidly violate the don't mix business with politics maxim all over the home page.
This space for Hire! Reasonable rates. Reach an audience of literally dozens!

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jan 16, 2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
And I don’t think it makes any sense to dismiss other people’s opinions just because they are different from yours.
LOL

Where have you been the last 20 years? This is literally Rob's entire schtick. And when called out on it, he whines and whines about how oppressed he is and then goes right back to doing it. You'd think at some point he would experience some personal and emotional growth but NOPE. He's brilliant and correct and perfect and anyone that disagrees with him is a "retard."

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 16, 2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
If that’s the label they use, that’s fair. Your amount of digging is commendable
Why, thank you!

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jan 16, 2021, 08:24 PM

Would that be considered a crime?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Thorzdad
Jan 16, 2021, 09:47 PM

Which? Making suggestions to the president? The president invoking a federal action? Or manufacturing MyPillows?
[set curmudgeon_mode=1]

OreoCookie
Jan 16, 2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Where have you been the last 20 years? This is literally Rob's entire schtick.
I prefer to lead by example (not always succeeding, but trying).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

reader50
Administrator
Yesterday, 03:05 AM

When this story hit, I considered if it were deliberate trolling. Surely they know photographers are all around the White House. And papers need to be kept in attaché cases.

Then I remembered. These are the conspiracy types Trump consults with since Nov 3rd. I'm sure a pillow manufacturer knows how to steal an election.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Yesterday, 06:04 AM

Which? Making suggestions to the president? The president invoking a federal action? Or manufacturing MyPillows?
Suggesting that specifically to the president. If you suggest it to someone else its surely conspiracy to commit something. Terrorism or treason or whatever. Does the fact your constitution seems to allow a sitting president to do whatever the hell they want negate that?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

reader50
Administrator
Yesterday, 03:08 PM

A conspiracy requires at least two people to agree to break the law. Rumor is Trump gave the meeting little attention and wasn't receptive. Maybe the guy hadn't donated enough.

There may be a case against the MyPillow guy for trying to commit a crime. A President is immune (while in office) to some issues. ie - tax audits are on hold. Courts can force procedural compliance, like records keeping, or rule unconfirmed Cabinet members cannot give substantial orders. I believe there's a lot less immunity than Trump has claimed, but he's had Justice Secretaries who bow down to him instead of doing their jobs.

Significant criminal activity is supposed to be restrained by Congress, which hasn't worked since (R) Senators started placing party loyalty ahead of their oaths & national loyalty. This is a form of regulatory capture. If corrupt people are in charge of national prosecutions AND can block Congressional action, then the Prez can get away with anything.

Until they leave office, or are dumb enough to attack their buds in Congress.

Forum Links
Forum Rules