Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Recieved 30gb with review and pictures!

Recieved 30gb with review and pictures!
ryanbrown345
May 2, 2003, 06:09 PM

i have recieved my 30gb from apple, at about 3:00 p.m pacific time. I love the new design, the buttons feel awsome and very touch friendly. I had a 5gb and this is so much better! I here the 30 is a little bigger that the 10, and 15. But it still is smaller than my old 5! Still a scratcy surface, I will be putting the plstic sheets that you put over pda screens until there is clear case for it. I will post pictures and a more full review in a few minutes!

ryanbrown345  (op)
May 2, 2003, 07:33 PM

This IPOD is the hottest thing I have ever deen. The docking station is so nice because ne need to worry about marks being made. The buttons I love a litte touch and you go, but they are a little sensitive, so you will need to put it on hold of course in your pocket. Compared to my old 5gb it is smaller and more comfortable in your hand. people were saying the button lay out will mess the one finger movement but you still can touch everythig with your thumb! I personally like it a lot better! The games are very nice and on the brick got a little boring fast from my 5gb.(it is still on 30gb). The remote was concerning people, and it fit's totally flush! (look at my pictures). There is a line out your docking station so you can listen to music on your ipod while your charging.(which is very nice). i have pictures at:

Spy mac

If you were thinking o getting the new IPOD get it it is awsome!

Any questions I am happy to answer!

Busemann
Mac Elite
May 2, 2003, 07:38 PM

Well I have already ordered mine

What happens if you connect the 5 and 30 GB at the same time? Will both pop up in iTunes?
( Last edited by Busemann; May 2, 2003 at 07:45 PM. )

aaanorton
Mac Elite
May 2, 2003, 07:40 PM

What happens when you plug the dock's sound-out into your computer's sound-in? Can you play music through your computer's speakers? How does this sound?

ryanbrown345  (op)
May 2, 2003, 07:45 PM

I have apple pro speakers and it does not fit into the line out, I do not have a sudio line right know so i will try later.

aaanorton
Mac Elite
May 2, 2003, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by ryanbrown345:
I have apple pro speakers and it does not fit into the line out, I do not have a sudio line right know so i will try later.
Thanks, that'd be great.

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2003, 09:16 PM

That set up would be rather complicated and cord-intense. Why not just play music through iTunes 4? (I might be missing something here...)

ryanbrown345  (op)
May 2, 2003, 09:27 PM

Well my imac does not have a audio line in, so i did it with my dad's computer and it sounded pretty good. I beleive i heard an ipod connected to some speakers at a apple store and they sounded very good. I guess it is just the speakers.

I am not going to plug both in because i don't want anything to get messed up.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
May 2, 2003, 10:53 PM

Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting!

Hope you continue to enjoy your new iPod!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

aaanorton
Mac Elite
May 2, 2003, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by SwarmyCurve:
That set up would be rather complicated and cord-intense. Why not just play music through iTunes 4? (I might be missing something here...)
Having the iPod play the music would save all the CPU cycles that iTunes would be using on the comp.

THE MAC GOD
Mac Enthusiast
May 3, 2003, 12:55 AM

Hey... is the case that comes with the new ipod Dock Port friendly? As in, when the black cover/case is on the ipod, can you still plug it into the dock? The only pictures of the ipod in the black case on apple are from the back.. so you can;t see how it really fits in there... thanks!

All as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Love.

ryanbrown345  (op)
May 3, 2003, 09:48 AM

no the case when on the ipod does not fit on the cradle. Also to switch the songs in the case the only way to do it is with the remote. so the case just basically covers the whole thing.

Anomalous
Mac Elite
May 4, 2003, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by ryanbrown345:

Any questions I am happy to answer!
Where can I get some money?

Forum Links
Forum Rules