Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Installing an Inline Image

Installing an Inline Image
jretzner
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2008, 12:27 AM

I see all the cool inline images enhancing many threads and responses but have been unable to install my own. Can someone put an Inline Images 101 set of directions here, or refer me to a set of directions? Thanks.

reader50
Administrator
Sep 3, 2008, 02:02 AM

Did you mean with respect to the Delicious Monster software, or to the forums in general? I'm not qualified to answer with respect to DM, but with respect to the forums ...

We have a list of control tags here, which includes the [img] tag, which is the one you are looking for.

To insert an image into a post, you first need that image to be hosted online somewhere. Usually in your webspace, but you can also upload to a free hosting site like flickr.

Once it's hosted somewhere, copy the image's URL. It may look something like this - I grabbed the Delicious App logo as an example:

http://www.delicious-monster.com/images/pressimages/DL2-128.png

Insert the IMG tags around it, both opening [img] and closing [/img] tags:

[img]http://www.delicious-monster.com/images/pressimages/DL2-128.png[/img]

Once you place this in a post, it will load like thus:

jretzner  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2008, 12:29 PM

Thanks,

There are two images on your comment. I'm assuming the image you uploaded as an example for me is the one on the left. I'm hoping to install the image you, and many others have in the lower right corner. It comes across as a signature of sorts.

reader50
Administrator
Sep 3, 2008, 02:19 PM

Yes, and they're even called signature images. That is set in your UserCP, by going to the Edit Signature zone.

Paste in your desired [img]http://your.image.jpg[/img] image URL with tags. Note that we have certain limits in our signatures, which are covered near the end of the general rules.
Signatures

Our current signature rules give you two options:

1. an image (200x50px max, 10KB max, non-animated) and up to one line of text, OR
2. no image, and up to four lines of text.

In either case, blank lines do count, and lines must be of reasonable length so they don't wrap on most screens (think 900px browser window width). The SPOILER tag should also not be used in your signature.
This question would normally go in Feedback. In honor of Delicious Monster, you could plug them in your new sig for awhile.

jretzner  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2008, 11:40 PM

Let's see if I was successful.

jretzner  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2008, 11:59 PM

One more try.
( Last edited by jretzner; Sep 4, 2008 at 12:28 AM. )

reader50
Administrator
Sep 4, 2008, 11:55 AM

Fixed it for you. You were using the URL tag, which is for links. Use the IMG tag for images. Also, quotes are not used with board tags for links or images.

jretzner  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 4, 2008, 07:27 PM

Thank you! As usual, one, or two, small things can mess up everything else.

Forum Links
Forum Rules