Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > ideal security lock for the 17"A1

ideal security lock for the 17"A1
Cung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2003, 01:52 PM

Any one know of a nice security lock, besides the basic kennsington one? dispite the technical marvel of the 17" they put the "lock" spot too darn close to the power plug(anyone else agree?) any how when Im charging up at the office, and my standard kennisngton lock is set in the power adapter barely fits...its already starting to where the lock spot ...so does anyone know of a newer nicer/more compact lock besides the kenninsgton?

dlindsay17
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2003, 02:05 PM

they've been tracking this over on the MacFixIt site (http://www.macfixit.com/index.php?date=2003-03-28) and suggest a few alternative locks: the Belkin K100, the Kensington SLIM MicroSaver (64020) and the Notebook Guardian. Hope this helps! I wish my powerbook was here to test these out on

legionare
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2003, 02:55 PM

Targus Defcon 1 Ultra beats them all.

http://www.targus.com/accessories_security.asp

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Apr 1, 2003, 03:00 PM

TechForLess.com has all of these in stock right now. What's great about this place is they get stock from companies that go out of business and then sell it at a reduced price. When they get an item in they set the price, then drop it by $1 for every day it doesn't sell. Right now locks are running at about $20, but I actually got mine for $6 a year ago.

P.S. Sorry to sound like an ad, but they're a local company so I try to help them out a bit.

Cung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2003, 06:31 PM

thanks for the info..the defcon might be too pricey...for those of u still waiting for you 17' it is worth the wait

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2003, 06:46 PM

Nice... I'll have to order one of those.
Thanks for info.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules