Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad with full bluetooth stack? External keyboard pairing?

iPad with full bluetooth stack? External keyboard pairing?
Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010, 03:53 PM

I'm curious on the community's thoughts or knowledge on whether the iPad will allow pairing to external keyboards via bluetooth. Seems at least with apple keyboard dock accessory they have in mind the need for apps and user needing full size keyboard features.

I'd really like to be able to pair my one-handed bluetooth frogpad lefty to it or even a full size apple bluetooth keyboard.

Any thoughts or predictions?
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2010, 04:49 PM

Well it can pair with Apple's Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for sure, but what's not clear is whether it will do so with other bluetooth keyboards. I would assume so, but if its a special device that needs drivers in order for it to work properly I would assume those wouldn't work so well.

Apple - iPad - Design - A revolutionary Multi-Touch device.

Check out the "Accessories" section at the bottom of that page.

Crusoe  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010, 05:18 PM

Cool thanks. I glazed over the descriptions a bit too fast and missed the blurb about apple's bt keyboard.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

amazing
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2010, 05:27 PM

Will it also have bluetooth stereo? I haven't seen any bluetooth stereo headphones that I like, yet, but a bluetooth stereo headset w/mike would be great with the iPad...

Forum Links
Forum Rules