Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Heavy Metal FAKK2 lockup

Heavy Metal FAKK2 lockup
TwinFeats
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2000, 02:34 PM

System: 400 mhz G4, MacOS 9.0.4, 192 meg, ATI Radeon
I get a few levels into this game but as soon as I try to load the level past Eden Marketplace it just locks up on the loading screen. I've tried reinstalling both full and small, no effect. I've emailed their tech support, have yet to get a reply. Anyone else see something like this?

TheJammer
Nov 26, 2000, 10:09 AM

Hi TF,
I have the same problems, I have a 500MP G4, 192MB, Radeon & 9.0.4, and F.A.K.K. is behaving very bad. I have the same problems with hanging when it loads levels, my guess is that there is something in the code that are overwriting stuff now and then. I can somtimes load a level if I just ignore everything else in the current level and just head for the exit, but if I go exploring the level I will surly hang at the next loading...

Also, somtimes I will loose the textures on all other characters and somtimes the sound during the intermissions and when talking to people is gone, restarting the app usually cure this.

But this is the most buggy game I ever have tried, makes Unreal 1.0 feel stabel
I hope they will fix it soon since I accually enjoyed the demo.

Just a question, do You have the Quicktime 5.0 preview installed? (I have... I wonder if...)

Cheers!

TheJammer
Nov 27, 2000, 04:15 AM

A quick follow up:

I downloaded and tried the update that Andrew Meggs, the programmer that did the conversion, posted to fix another problem. It seem that this is beta of a comming uppdate and it seems like it cured the lockups during the loading of levels, so far I could play the first 'episode' without lockups anyway.

(http://206.55.154.126/MacFAKK_1.02b_test_1.sit.bin)

But I still got the missing audio ad texture problems... if get some spare time, I might uninstall QT5 and reinstall QT4 and see if that's the problem.

Cheers!

TheJammer
Nov 29, 2000, 05:00 PM

Damn!!!
Loading problems is B.A.K.K.
I even uninstalled QT5 and reinstalled QT4 but no difference...

Anyone else had this and found a solution?

Forum Links
Forum Rules