Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The End of the Apple Discussions?

The End of the Apple Discussions?
GreenMnM
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2006, 11:57 AM

Yesterday, the team of Apple Discussions "Hosts" or Moderators was laid off, except for their boss. If you visit now, the former Hosts no longer have their pink Apple logo by their profiles:

Kady I. (You may need to be logged in to the Apple Discussions to see user profiles.)

There is currently no one at Apple reading the e-mails that come when someone clicks the "Notify This Post" link. So, things could very well start to get ugly there fast.

I can't imagine why why Apple would fail to support their own technical support forums, although I do realize they've had some serious stability issues since switching from Web Crossings to Jive last November. How long could a complex Web site like that run without moderation? It's not clear about the SysOps or other behind-the-scenes employees, though. And since Apple is notoriously quiet about everything, we may not see the end before it comes...

-Doug

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jun 30, 2006, 12:14 PM

Ah well, Apple just censors and deletes anything they think is too negative anyway.

"Hello, what have we here?

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2006, 12:15 PM

Sounds like you are guessing about how the place will change. Perhaps they are outsourcing the moderation?

Answer: We don't know.

Forum Links
Forum Rules