Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > athens / olympic desktops req

athens / olympic desktops req
darrick
Forum Regular
Aug 15, 2004, 06:35 PM

does anyone know where there are good athens / olympic desktops?

when i google, i just find some pretty juvenile (imo) ones, mostly with the mascots, some just quick collages of aports images.

what i would like to see are desktops with just the athens wreath symbol against a simple background.

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2004, 08:25 AM

I can try to make a couple for you, when you say 'simple background' what exactly are you expecting, and at what resolution?

Mac Guru

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2004, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by darrick:
does anyone know where there are good athens / olympic desktops?

when i google, i just find some pretty juvenile (imo) ones, mostly with the mascots, some just quick collages of aports images.

what i would like to see are desktops with just the athens wreath symbol against a simple background.
I found two on Spymac with the Athens2004 logo. One with the logo on the left and one on the right. It was one of my daily searches that led me to those. If you can't locate them on Spymac just say so and I'll upload the ones I have.

Edit: I have uploaded a zip archive with 3 desktops and a Mail icon. I forgot to include the readme for the Mail icon, but I found it at Wincustomize.com. The archive is 1.4mb in size.

Click here to download

If you want I can upload the in .sit instead.

One of the desktops is at a low res and not really suitable for use. But it's nice.
( Last edited by Fonzie; Aug 16, 2004 at 10:47 AM. )
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

darrick  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2004, 02:21 PM

Mac Guru

- for me a simple background would be a solid, one color, field or something.
- something similar to the default jaguar, panther backrounds.
-- so, i see the white olive branch wreath logo (about 1/2 or 2/3 of the screen height) in the center of blue
(boring, i guess -- or, some might say, cmove-esque)

Fonzie

-thanks for the link: i got the files and i'm trying them out (well, not the mail icon, tho it looks cool -- i've hacked enuf of my apps for awhile).

thanks.

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2004, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
Edit: I have uploaded a zip archive with 3 desktops and a Mail icon. I forgot to include the readme for the Mail icon, but I found it at Wincustomize.com.

One of the desktops is at a low res and not really suitable for use. But it's nice.
Thx a bunch - those are really nice. Love the icons too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules