Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Old Games You Wish Were Carbonized/Ported to OS X

Old Games You Wish Were Carbonized/Ported to OS X (Page 3)
z|gzag
Sep 10, 2004, 08:26 AM

Originally posted by DrBoar:
Unreal (the original game and the Return to Naipali expansion)
Sin Gold
FAKK2
Yes, Unreal 1! I'd buy it. And how about Unreal 2?!
~zig

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by Don Pickett:
I'd second this. Even better, have Marathon redone using a modern 3D engine. This series had the best atmosphere, hands down.
Keep an eye on http://resurrection.bungie.org. They're porting Marathon to the Unreal Tournament engine. It's not the most "modern" engine, but the demo they have available looks good and it seems like the final release is getting close to done.

Requires having a copy of UT though.

FlammableYurt
Sep 12, 2004, 08:22 PM

And the original Loderunner and Heroes of Might & Magic II/III.
Heroes of Might & Magic III works perfectly under classic mode. I have had no problems running it on my 450 mhz G4 in classic mode - made me very happy .

In fact, I installed classic on my new dp2.5 G5 just so I can play HoMM III :-D.

Anyways, the game I want to be ported most: Rune. I love that game, although I guess by now the multiplayer (the best part) isn't even supported anymore
I've been so many places, I've seen so many faces, and these blue, green, and purple HILLS

magloire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 13, 2004, 12:38 AM

Loom
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

I don't know that those were the greatest games in the world, but they came out at a special time in my life--when I first discovered how awesome Macs are. And they are why I pull an old IIsi out of storage from my little Mac museum in the basement.

Ahh, those were the good old days. My neighbor's IIsi blew me away. After all, I was using an IBM clone with an 8088 processor and a little amber monitor...

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
Sep 13, 2004, 07:14 AM

Ok...for the tenth millionth time:

Loom
Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Curse of Monkey Island
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Day of the Tentacle
The Dig
and
Full Throttle

...*have* been ported. It's called ScummVM...it's not a port by LucasArts but it's as official as it gets since they got some help from LucasArts developers and ex-developers that worked on the real Scumm engine.

Beewee
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2004, 04:52 PM

Lemmings
Deus Ex

GeeYouEye
Sep 15, 2004, 02:12 AM

Total Annihilation, SC2k, Armor Alley, the Spectrum Holobyte version of Tetris (with music!)
I bring order to chaos. You are in chaos windows, you are the contradiction, a bug wishing to be an OS.

mpinto56
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2004, 02:57 PM

Strategic Conquest and Total Annihilation, and an expansion module for Generals would make my Christmas Merry.
Just another Geanral

Forum Links
Forum Rules