Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How to back up 60 GB of music and pictures

How to back up 60 GB of music and pictures
anders8848
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2005, 11:41 AM

Hi there

I have an 12" Powedbook superdrive 100 GB HD and I have never done a backup of my information yet. I would like to burn it on DVD's but how can I quickly devide the info up to 14 DVD's...

I have tried Toast but it just complains that there is not enough space on my DVD. Is there any other program that could split the info over some DVD's?

Anders

tavilach
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2005, 12:21 PM

If I were you, I'd simply by an external hard drive, and constantly back up the information. It's much less of a hassle, a lot faster, and you don't have to keep buying new DVD's . Of course, it might be useful to back up to DVD's once a year or so, and for that, I don't have an answer to your question.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

jimcpherson
Jun 17, 2005, 07:48 PM

firewire drive + super duper! = perfect back-up solution

leperkuhn
Senior User
Jun 17, 2005, 08:55 PM

i've never used super duper, but i have been been using chronsync for a few months now, and i really like it a lot. it's an all around great app, well worth the $30 or whatever they charge for it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules