Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The case against Hillary

The case against Hillary (Page 11)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Projecting again? How's Hillary's health doing?

I have no clue what her health is, and neither do you.

All I was ever saying is that she is not neurologically impaired.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Ah the good old double standard in action. Democrats should be nice to Republicans who are selfish, greedy, racist, homophobic misogynists. Who also hate non-Christians and poor people...

They just barely deserve to not be lined up and shot...
No doubt that strategy will just suck in swing voters like a Hoover.

Do you want Hillary to win, or do you want her to be a vent for frustration? If it's the former, she needs to fight the impulse to condescend to voters she hates but needs to win the election.

Yes, Democrats are held to a higher standard by claiming they have a monopoly on compassion. Popularity contests aren't fair. I'm sure there's a helmet buried somewhere in that mobile surgical unit following her around. She needs to put it on.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
OK, still think it's ?
The Hulk is helping Hillary get into her van when she faints. They were denying anything was wrong until this video was posted online.
Yep, she passed out in public. I'm sure she was simply overcome by her emotions at the 9/11 memorial...
I would not be surprised if this used as a reason she cancels the upcoming face to face debate.

BTW, I read the pollen count was low the day she claimed the coughing jag was due to allergies. The air handling system must suck on that palne she has if she had an allergy attack at altitude.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 03:19 PM

Umm, so... apparently Hillary had a very bad day today.

Edit: missed the other mentions.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 03:24 PM

Heat related? 75, breezy and low humidity.
Clinton 'overheated' on coolest day, just 75 degrees, breezy | Washington Examiner

Of course there those who are saying it was stiflingly, Schumer was sweaty..
( Last edited by Chongo; Sep 11, 2016 at 03:47 PM. )
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2016, 04:35 PM

As a liberal voter how should Hillary fainting factor into my vote?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 04:37 PM

Hillary's aides dragging her into the van looked like "Weekend at Hillary's"
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
That's a good question.

It shouldn't, but if Trump is as bad as everyone says he is, I'd begin packing extra underpants.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 05:38 PM

If was just this fainting incident,eh. Combined with all the others, yep, order some TENAs

Or does besson add this as "faintgate?"
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 05:43 PM

If Hillary keeled over tomorrow that still doesn't change the fact that Donald Trump is manifestly unfit to be POTUS. Period. Dot. End of sentence.

OAW

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 05:47 PM

Besson (that's me) doesn't know whether this will be a gate or a thing. He's sure though that the mere speculation will give birth to a lot of fluffy stuff. The nytimes says it is pneumonia. Shrug.

Besson wants to know how the Benghazi hearings came to be. Most of the footage he's seen was about grilling Clinton and her emails, rather than doing an actual investigation towards security protocols.

To him, this is the most disgusting aspect to politics and all parties: point scoring trumps even lost lives.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I have no clue what her health is, and neither do you.

All I was ever saying is that she is not neurologically impaired.
Going unconscious in public isn't "neurologically impaired"? Bullshit.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
If Hillary keeled over tomorrow that still doesn't change the fact that Donald Trump is manifestly unfit to be POTUS. Period. Dot. End of sentence.
Yes, we all expected you to change your mind. You'd still vote for her over Trump if she didn't have a pulse. Other people? Not so much.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 06:34 PM

Going unconscious in public isn't "neurologically impaired"? Bullshit.
I thought the most common reason for suddenly going unconscious is blood pressure related.

Edit: specifically, lots of things can precipitate a blood pressure drop, which makes go night night.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 06:54 PM

All is not well.
NEW YORK — Hillary Clinton was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, her doctor said in a statement Sunday after the Democratic nominee left a 9/11 memorial ceremony due to what her campaign said was overheating.
"Secretary Clinton has been experiencing a cough related to allergies. On Friday, during follow up evaluation of her prolonged cough, she was diagnosed with pneumonia," her doctor, Lisa Bardack, said. "She was put on antibiotics, and advised to rest and modify her schedule. While at this morning's event, she became overheated and dehydrated. I have just examined her and she is now re-hydrated and recovering nicely."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4JzUY0w56
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
The doctor let her go out after diagnosing her with pneumonia?
45/47

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2016, 07:02 PM

You people are really underestimating the percentage of people who are voting against Trump rather than for Clinton.

She was never the most amiable candidate who could illicit the enthusiasm of the masses. Trump however is such a cretin of a human being and a threat to the financial best interests of the country that she could in fact be on death's door and be a more optimal choice than the alternative.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

andi*pandi
Sep 11, 2016, 07:25 PM

The doctor let her go out after diagnosing her with pneumonia?
This is one of those lose-lose situations where if she'd stayed home and rested, cancelling speeches etc, some people would have gone into salivating palpitations in their haste to claim she was at death's door, had brain cancer, was in the ICU somewhere on continuous morphine drip waiting for a lung donation. The slightly less crazy people but still haters would have implied that any candidate who takes time off the campaign for a little cough must not take the job seriously, and as a bonus, implied that it's because she's a weak woman, women are weak, you can't take time off in war, etc etc etc.

So...
Option A) take time off, be considered weak, spur rumors of impending doom, or
Option B) carry on with events as usual, maybe fewer press conferences but risk overdoing it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2016, 07:52 PM

Supposedly she has pneumonia. I had bronchitis (baby pneumonia) in college and I barely had the energy to go eat in the cafeteria, let alone go to class. But I'm a bit of a weakling. I have no idea how someone functions with pneumonia.

---

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
You people are really underestimating the percentage of people who are voting against Trump rather than for Clinton.

She was never the most amiable candidate who could illicit the enthusiasm of the masses. Trump however is such a cretin of a human being and a threat to the financial best interests of the country that she could in fact be on death's door and be a more optimal choice than the alternative.
Hey man, some of us are liberals. Panic and expectation of defeat are baked into our DNA. Gotta give us a few days to settle down before you bring reason into this.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2016, 07:54 PM

I'm also curious how Trump approaches this. I feel like the wrong tact here could blow up in his face. I mean, it's kind of what I expect, but they've been better about tamping down his idiocy since Manafort resigned.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Oblivious View Post
You people are really underestimating the percentage of people who are voting against Clinton rather than for Trump.

He was never the most amiable candidate who could illicit the enthusiasm of the masses. Clinton however is such a cretin of a human being and a threat to the financial best interests of Goldman Sachs and Wall Street that he could in fact be a more optimal choice than the alternative.
According to MSDNC, Hillary did so well at the CnC Forum, I bet she decided she doesn't need to go head to head with Trump.
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
This is one of those lose-lose situations where if she'd stayed home and rested, cancelling speeches etc, some people would have gone into salivating palpitations in their haste to claim she was at death's door, had brain cancer, was in the ICU somewhere on continuous morphine drip waiting for a lung donation. The slightly less crazy people but still haters would have implied that any candidate who takes time off the campaign for a little cough must not take the job seriously, and as a bonus, implied that it's because she's a weak woman, women are weak, you can't take time off in war, etc etc etc.

So...
Option A) take time off, be considered weak, spur rumors of impending doom, or
Option B) carry on with events as usual, maybe fewer press conferences but risk overdoing it.
It's a pointless argument anyway. If Hillary took a break from the campaign trail for pneumonia, the conspiracy wing nuts would be theorizing she was getting emergency treatment for some even worse thing.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 11, 2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Yes, Democrats are held to a higher standard by claiming they have a monopoly on compassion.
So compassion isn't one of those good old traditional Christian values that Republicans typically run on?

Besides, Trump supporters aren't interested in compassion.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 08:01 PM

I'm also curious how Trump approaches this. I feel like the wrong tact here could blow up in his face. I mean, it's kind of what I expect, but they've been better about tamping down his idiocy since Manafort resigned.
That is the 64,000 question.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 08:05 PM

So compassion isn't one of those good old traditional Christian values that Republicans typically run on?

They run on it. Remember W's Compassionate Conservitism? It focused on using the principal of subsidiarity to block grant local charities to the work.
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2016, 08:05 PM

I'm going to attempt to be constructive, but it's going to be a struggle.

I often hear people ask the question "why do poor Republicans vote against their self interest?"

Could the answer be a vote for the person who thinks they're a deplorable, irredeemable, vile sack of shit isn't in their self interest?

If the Democrats could just ****ing stop acting like that, the GOP would have died out 10 years ago.

Of all the concepts the Democrats can't ****ing figure out... being ****ing nice to people.
Bull-shit. While I 100% agree shit like this will turn people off, the GOP would be just fine either way. As the past few elections have so aptly demonstrated, there is a chunk of the population that see the welfare state as benefiting 'other', see most government spending as communism, see Democrats as weak for not being willing to increasingly commit worse military actions in the mideast, taxes, gays, guns, abortion, etc.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 09:33 PM

Bull-shit. While I 100% agree shit like this will turn people off, the GOP would be just fine either way. As the past few elections have so aptly demonstrated, there is a chunk of the population that see the welfare state as benefiting 'other', see most government spending as communism, see Democrats as weak for not being willing to increasingly commit worse military actions in the mideast, taxes, gays, guns, abortion, etc.
The question is whether that chunk is enough to swing a national election. It's not. What swings national elections for Republicans is Democratic candidates not even realizing how utterly condescending they are.

The Democrats don't have to agree with guns and God, just maybe take slightly less of a dump on those people's heads.

You know... pretend. Like they do in politics.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2016, 09:37 PM

I ask again, are you trying to vent, or are you trying to win?

Swing voters are the prize, not the Trump supporters you castigate. If you want to win, keep the eyes on the prize.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2016, 09:54 PM

According to MSDNC, Hillary did so well at the CnC Forum, I bet she decided she doesn't need to go head to head with Trump.
The problem with your editing of my post is that the people who are voting against Clinton were always going to support the GOP candidate no matter who it was. That is not what is happening with the people who are voting against Trump.

The people voting against Trump are heavily skewing towards the demographics of independent female voters, college educated moderates, and even fiscal conservatives. People who if there was a better GOP candidate, or hell any other candidate other than Trump, would be at worst a toss up for their support.

Trump is a loser in this race against even the worst of Democratic candidates... which Clinton may be but the electoral votes are still going to go her way even if she's on a ventilator.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2016, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
The problem with your editing of my post is that the people who are voting against Clinton were always going to support the GOP candidate no matter who it was. That is not what is happening with the people who are voting against Trump.

The people voting against Trump are heavily skewing towards the demographics of independent female voters, college educated moderates, and even fiscal conservatives. People who if there was a better GOP candidate, or hell any other candidate other than Trump, would be at worst a toss up for their support.

Trump is a loser in this race against even the worst of Democratic candidates... which Clinton may be but the electoral votes are still going to go her way even if she's on a ventilator.
Good old fashioned yellow dog democrats.

BTW, the latest polls show Trump winning independents 49-29
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 12:32 AM

I thought the most common reason for suddenly going unconscious is blood pressure related.

Edit: specifically, lots of things can precipitate a blood pressure drop, which makes go night night.
That would make sense, if she hadn't already had a severe head injury and blood clot in her brain.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 12:54 AM

That is the 64,000 question.
He should say nothing, let the news channels freak out about it. He should talk about her 47% moment.
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post

OAW
Opinion stated as fact. zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzz

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2016, 08:41 AM

That would make sense, if she hadn't already had a severe head injury and blood clot in her brain.
Are you a doctor?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 09:27 AM

IF Hillary has pneumonia, which is contagious, why is she out in public and why did her secret service detail allowed her to do this?

Hillary passed out cold, why did they take her Chelsea's and not to a hospital?
45/47

andi*pandi
Sep 12, 2016, 09:47 AM

Might depend on type of pneumonia.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2016, 09:55 AM

Living the LIE. What did she drop?

https://youtu.be/gCx0x0rigeQ

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Living the LIE. What did she drop?

https://youtu.be/gCx0x0rigeQ
What the heck was that. I was thinking people were seeing her shoe that fell off, but this happened as she was first passing out.

Did the Secret Service violate protocol? I read online that the vehicle is to be already be there waiting, so as not to leave the person standing/waiting for the vehicle to arrive. That leaves them vulnerable to attack.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2016, 11:21 AM

Did the Secret Service violate protocol? I read online that the vehicle is to be already be there waiting, so as not to leave the person standing/waiting for the vehicle to arrive. That leaves them vulnerable to attack.
I'm guessing protocol is to give them a certain amount of discretion if circumstances warrant it, so technically, no.

I found it at least mildly notable the Secret Service were so unfluttered. If suddenly needing to meat puppet Hillary was a surprise to them, I would not want to sit down at the poker table with these guys.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2016, 12:10 PM

Weekend at Bernies all over again.

Any truth to the rumor that Hillary swapped her MOM's medical records for hers?
That explains the really old medical procedures and meds.

So Hillary spent the last few weeks telling us she was OK.
Now we find out otherwise, and HER first instinct IS TO LIE ABOUT IT.
So much for trust.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2016, 12:11 PM

BTW, the latest polls show Trump winning independents 49-29
Source?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Are you a doctor?
Yes.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 12:18 PM

If suddenly needing to meat puppet Hillary was a surprise to them, I would not want to sit down at the poker table with these guys.
Nah, they've done that several times already, that was practice.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2016, 12:21 PM

That answer has an "Occam's razor" feel to it.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 12:26 PM

^^ It's all neatly fitting together now, isn't it?

She needs a rocking chair and grandkids on her lap, not the most demanding job in the world.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
Source?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/im...-labor.day.pdf
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Might depend on type of pneumonia.
Hillary Clinton's Pneumonia Bug Also Sickened Campaign Staff : People.com
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 02:10 PM

^^ Sure it did.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2016, 02:10 PM

How's this for a theory: She died and they brought her back. That would explain why the took her to Chelsea's and not to a hospital.

The zoom on her foot shows she unconscious and was dragged into the van.
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2016, 02:22 PM

She MUST HAVE BEEN drunk too!

Soon, she'll be wearing a helmet and be rolled around like Hector Salamanca, perhaps with a bell taped to her armrest.
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2016, 02:28 PM

So.
A: It's not the "latest polls" it's one poll, which is a bit of an outlier as it shows Trump leading overall.
B: Let's look at what they call "Independents"
Originally Posted by CNN/ORC Poll
BASED ON 876 REGISTERED VOTERS AND 10 INDIVIDUALS WHO PLAN TO REGISTER TO VOTE, FOR A TOTAL OF 886 REGISTERED VOTERS -- SAMPLING ERROR: +/- 3.5% PTS.

BASED ON 306 REGISTERED VOTERS WHO DESCRIBE THEMSELVES AS REPUBLICANS AND 129 WHO DESCRIBE THEMSELVES AS INDEPENDENTS WHO LEAN REPUBLICAN, FOR A TOTAL OF 435 REPUBLICANS -- SAMPLING ERROR: +/- 4.5 PERCENTAGE PTS.

BASED ON 299 REGISTERED VOTERS WHO DESCRIBE THEMSELVES AS DEMOCRATS AND 101 WHO DESCRIBE THEMSELVES AS INDEPENDENTS WHO LEAN DEMOCRATIC, FOR A TOTAL OF 400 DEMOCRATS -- SAMPLING ERROR: +/- 5 PERCENTAGE PTS.
So with 29% more "republican leaning' respondents in the pool, is it shocking that he's ahead among Independents?

This is not the bombshell Fox News is pretending it is. Even CNN is reporting it's own poll is out of line with the latest data.

Forum Links
Forum Rules