Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > help please: iMac photos to 17"

help please: iMac photos to 17"
Naz
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 06:27 AM

Please help me out I have yet to move my files over from my iMac to my PB I asked this before about my itunes but I am still confused on how to do this move with target disk???

I really need the photos in my photo library from my iMac

I don't have my iMac connected to the net it does not have an airport card.

my PB is connected to the net via Airport Extreme connected to a cable modem.

Thanks!
Nazaire's Art - -- iMac 500 DV SE --- 17" PB

anaphora68
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 08:21 AM

All you need to do for target disk mode is connect both computers via a firewire (male to male) cable, hit T on one of the machines as it is booting up, and on the other machine the hard drive automounts as a firewire HD. It's very fast.

M.A.S.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2003, 08:32 AM

All you need is a 6pin to 6pin firewire cable. (if you haven't already got one)

Shutdown the powerbook, and keep the iMac on, then connect both macs together with the firewire cable, then boot up the pb while holding the 't' key down, and your pb hd will pop up on the imac's desktop. (all of this is explained in your powerbook's getting started manual)

then all you need to do is copy the files over.

with itunes and all you should need to do is replace the 'itunes' folder in 'music' in your users folder with the 'itunes' folder in the same place from the imac.

same with iphoto, just replace the 'iphoto' folder in 'pictures' in the users with the one in the same place from the imac.

but if you've got any music or photos on your pb then back em up first or you'll loose them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules