Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > SD card, time to return?

SD card, time to return?
M.A.S.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2003, 10:15 PM

For the second time my dad's sd card (it's a 256mb SanDisk) has requested to be formated while still having pictures on it. The thing wont work at all until it gets formated. He has a pc so i said i'd try it with my powerbook, i tried it in my digi cam and it wanted to format it, iPhoto said the card had no pic's on it, then via a pc card media reader OS X said it couldn't read it did i want to format???

What do u guys think? is it the card thats the problem or the camera (if that's even possible)

Thanks

nerd
Senior User
Dec 29, 2003, 10:33 PM

If your using it in a Canon SD100 then update the camera firmware. The same card gave me the same problems. Canon has a firmware update on their website. I even got all my pictures back (assuming you didn't format it).

Brad

M.A.S.  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2003, 10:46 PM

No i didnt format it, and no my dad's camera is a konica (not sure what model, it's 5 MP thats all i know)

hhhmmm firmware i hadnt though bout that, ill have a look, thanks for the advice.

if it's not that then i guess it's a fault in the card.

bmhome1
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 29, 2003, 11:02 PM

A visit to photo site dpreviews.com or PDA site brighthand.com will reveal high failure rates with SanDisk brand SD and CF cards, far higher than nearly any other brand.

Forum Links
Forum Rules