Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ever have any paranormal experiences?

Ever have any paranormal experiences?
Hugi
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2002, 09:28 PM

Anyone here ever get signals from the sixth sense? Ghost sightings, dreams of the future, stuff like that?

My grandmother died a short while ago. The night after, I dreamed of her, telling me not to be sad, that she was in a good place.
The next day, my sister called me - she had dreamt the exact same dream. Pretty creepy - but I still felt good, though, since the dream left behind a warm feeling

So, any other lunatics out there?
( Last edited by Hugi; Oct 5, 2002 at 10:11 PM. )

DBursey
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2002, 10:52 PM

I've had a paranormal experiences.

Both quite mundane really.

System.out
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2002, 11:38 PM

I saw Yogi Bear chase George Jetson across the road once. They never came back, but I'd swear it was just the side effects.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2002, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by System.out:
I saw Yogi Bear chase George Jetson across the road once.
i'll have some of what you're having, please.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2002, 11:50 PM

I had a conversation with my sister once. I think that's bordering a "paranormal" experience.
(Trust me.)

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2002, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by hugi:

So, any other lunatics out there?
Chalk another up for the 'lunatics'...

I too have had some pretty strange/paranormal experinces in my time!...Interestingly, I too experienced the most notable ones after the death of a close family member. I think that in time, experiences like yours and indeed mine (which have been very similar), will become much more common place...

Peace,

Marc

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2002, 07:03 PM

I had a vision of my father after he died. Pyschologists call this Post Mortem Vision and try to explain it but no one really knows why it happens. Personally, like several people have posted, I found it a comfort and that's good enough for me.

I saw a couple of UFOs once. I use the term "UFO" as in, I didn't know what is was, it could have had a perfectly rational explanation, but it was still cool (and a kind of creepy).
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 6, 2002, 11:21 PM

I am a firm believer in the supernatural, and I have experienced many things the come from it.

Good and Bad.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2002, 12:03 AM

I went upstairs to use the bathroom and there was a 3 foot tall obsidian black... thing standing in the bathtub with huge yellow eyes. Kinda stared at it for about 10 seconds in a stupor trying figure out what the hell it was, kept thinking maybe a cat or something got in but cats don't stand on their hind legs and have eyes the size of golf balls. Kinda like you don't believe what you're seeing but your mind tries to rationalize. The closest thing it resemebled was that Zuni Fetish doll from Trilogy of Terror.

Anyhoo, I rushed downstairs really fast. Told my bro to unlock the gun and I grabbed my hockey stick. My bro kept asking me what the hell for and I told him something's in our bathroom and I don't know what the f*ck it is. Ran back upstairs with my hockey stick to beat the **** out of it, but it was gone. The bathroom window was wide open!

Weirdest thing that ever happened to me.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Fallout
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 7, 2002, 12:17 AM

My toaster caught fire once, because an alien possessed my bagel and caused it to get stuck.

funkboy
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2002, 12:52 AM

Seems that many of us believe in supernatural experiences, but not too many people are keen on sharing the specifics of theirs. The obsidian black thing sounds... odd. Scary.

I myself do believe there are forces out there that are inexplicable, though personally I have yet to experience much in that way. However, I've heard many stories, from very reputable sources, so... I think it's out there.

I believe there was a similar topic to this awhile back, too. And saying that, I just remembered one instance where I did experience it. I typed it in that thread. If someone wants to go dig it up, feel free to...

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 7, 2002, 12:59 AM

Originally posted by funkboy:
Seems that many of us believe in supernatural experiences, but not too many people are keen on sharing the specifics of theirs.
I have before, but then I was accused of "preaching"

Forum Links
Forum Rules