Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Puyo Puyo Coming to America

Puyo Puyo Coming to America
Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2001, 07:29 AM

That's right, the world's most addictive puzzle game, Puyo Puyo, will be released in the United States! No more expensive imports or severely altered versions on long discontinued consoles for us!

Sega of America announced that it will be releasing Puyo Puyo in America for Game Boy Advance. Here's hoping that they don't do to it what they did the last time (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine).

Puyo Puyo has been released in America before. The names and games were severely altered (for the worse) for American audiences. If you've played Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Kirby's Avalanche, or Qwirks; you've played Puyo Puyo.

Actually, Puyo Puyo was released in America in its true form once. Puyo Pop for Neo Geo Pocket Color was an unaltered Puyo Puyo game, but it doesn't count. No one bought a Neo Geo Pocket Color, let alone Puyo Pop.

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/storie...680423,00.html

[This message has been edited by Adam Silver (edited 01-31-2001).]

bookrat
Feb 1, 2001, 12:46 AM

If I remember correctly I only ever played the game on my playstation and I go completely hooked. Of course the damn thing was in Japanese and I canna read a word of it.

------------------
post_count+1
qp
post_count+1
qp

Adam Silver  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2001, 03:01 AM

Here's an update to this great news: according to IGN Pocket, Puyo Puyo for Game Boy Advance will be released in Japan this summer and "sometime before Christmas" in the United States and Europe.

http://pocket.ign.com/news/30893.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules