Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Couple of issues with/questions about DL

Couple of issues with/questions about DL
REBELinBLUE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2007, 09:54 AM

Hi, I have been setting up DL again after I lost my library and I've noticed a few things.

I have a user showing up in Borrowers as "Deleted User", how do I get rid of that. Secondly is it possible to show borrowers who don't have email addresses and hide the borrowers pane until I need it (I've tried dragging it down to hide it, but when I launch DL it is shown again).

How do I clear the date of purchase? Some of the collection I don't know the date of, so I clear them, however when I relaunch it is back to the date they were added.

I did try searching these forums and google but found no answers.

Thanks for you help.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 16, 2007, 02:23 PM

To back up your library, back up the folder (in your home folder) ~/Library/Application Support/Delicious Library/

To restore your library, restore that folder.

Borrowers show up as deleted because they have been removed from your Address Book. Usually they haven't really been removed, but their record ID has been changed by Sync Services. This is caused by synching in such a way that replaces the items on your machine with items from another source. You can do a merged sync to avoid these problems.

You can add any person in your Address Book into the borrowers, but you cannot permanently hide the borrowers field.

Neither can you clear the date of purchase. If you don't know the date, set it to something illogical, like January 1, 1900. At least then you'll know it isn't correct.

Many of these quirks are being addressed by architecture changes in Delicious Library 2.

REBELinBLUE  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2007, 04:55 AM

I have my phone synced with the address book so I guess that is it

I did back up my old database when I last used it months ago, I'd just complete forgotten about it when I came to reinstall it at the weekend as for some reason I'd put it in a different place to my other backups, thanks though

Thanks for your help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules