Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > HELP!!! Power Adaptor Problem

HELP!!! Power Adaptor Problem
tonybhall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2007, 09:08 PM

Hello all,

My power adapter (model A1021) for my Powerbook G4 has died (shorted out) and I need a reliable power adapter that I can get my hands on in the next couple of days. Does anyone have any experience with the non apple power adapters????

I tried to get an apple one but they are pretty rare these days and as it turns out, they are not very good. No one has one localy and when i called apple to order one, they told me they'd be happy to send me one in 4 to 6 weeks. I use my mac for work and can't go without it for 6 weeks (which did not seem to matter to the fine people at apple.) They also did not inform me that there may be some off brand adapters that I could buy. The only option they offered me was to shut down my business for the next 6 weeks while I wait for them or buy a new mac.

I did some research and found out the reason the item is back-ordered is that they are poorly made and people are going through them like hotcakes and apple just can't keep up. It's a top seller at the applestore.com with over 1400 negative reviews (1.5 star rating) in the past 12 months. For a good laugh click here... http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...More=M8943LL/A

I found this http://nerdbench.com/shop/product_in...6403485a81ce3b

Does anyone have any experience with nerdbench or any off brand adapters???

hemant
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2007, 10:00 PM

I got a Kensington brand one from my local CompUSA and it works great.

~Hemant.

yugyug
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2007, 12:08 PM

I'm using a P to Go Powerlink series by Li Shin Enterprise Corp. China. (!) right now on an ibook. It works fine.

Its a pretty simple piece of hardware really..... don't see how any manufacturer could screw it up.....
ππ>_<ππ

chipchen
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2007, 01:11 AM

Where are you located? BestBuy actually has a ton of these in stock.

Forum Links
Forum Rules