Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerBook G4 1.67 17" 100GB 512 Superdrive

FS: PowerBook G4 1.67 17" 100GB 512 Superdrive
pffxmacuzer
May 1, 2007, 12:34 PM

Up for sale is my used PB G4 17" laptop. I am the original owner. I bought it last year. Has a few problems but other than that runs great. I'll list the problems first:

Battery only charges to 99%.

The tip on the power adapter is bent but still works if you know how to push it in to the PB the right amount. I recommend just getting a new one.

2 keys on the keyboard are missing. The left apple button and the F11.

There are a few dents on the top of the case. Really small ones. Barely noticeable. That's it. Either than that, the PB runs flawless.

It will ship it the original box with the OS X Tiger 10.4 software it came with. No more warranty is left.

Here are the specs:

1.67GHz G4
17" screen
100GB HD
512MB DDR333
Superdrive (non-dual-layer)
Airport Extreme, Bluetooth
1 battery, 1 power adapter
OS X 10.4 discs included

I'm asking $800 plus shipping. I'm in 06606. Post here or contact me at [email protected] .

boss99er
May 1, 2007, 12:45 PM

Hey, your battery probably just needs calibrated. My battery was only going to 99% too but after doing the calibration process it goes to 100% every time.

pffxmacuzer  (op)
May 1, 2007, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the tip on the battery. The PB isn't for sale anymore. I was originally selling it for my mom but i ended up purchasing it.

pffxmacuzer  (op)
May 22, 2007, 12:27 PM

Up for sale again. This time looking to use PayPal. Same condition. $700 shipped.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2007, 04:02 PM

I am trying to message you about this computer but for some reason they are not going thru.
Please let me know how to contact you,I am eager.

Thanks

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2007, 12:36 PM

So I do get in contact with this kid via email and the saga begins.
He refuses to get into direct contact with me so we can get a deal going and he keeps blaming his mommy somehow.
Everything about this deal seemed wrong from the start and then he will not only not contact me or answer questions that I have but he raises the price.
Then I hear that mommy will call me,she never does of course.

Then to top it off I get an email that his mommy and he decide thay are selling too cheap and it is now not for sale at all.

Be very careful if responding to this one,it is a child from what I can tell.

Thanks for wasting my time while you play online.

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
May 23, 2007, 01:34 PM

Yeah, he also gave me some bogus excuses about why he couldn't take pictures of the dents/scratches, pretty fishy...I'd be very careful in dealing with this kid...

Forum Links
Forum Rules