Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > more Ram for PB 15'' Al, where to buy?

more Ram for PB 15'' Al, where to buy?
runejoha
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 12, 2005, 09:53 PM

Hi, i have 1 GB RAM at present time. I want to upgrade to 2 GB. Which brand og RAM are you using for upgrade, and are there any better deals than buying from Apple?
How can a boring thing such as a mac or a PC be so exciting??

mduell
Posting Junkie
Nov 12, 2005, 11:54 PM

Just about anywhere is better than Apple. I like Crucial (pick your PowerBook from the dropdown list).

brachiator
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2005, 04:27 AM

Good experience here with 2 1GB sticks of Crucial RAM for 15" Al Book (1.67mhz), for about $450 to my door. Plus, it is guaranteed to work.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2005, 04:35 AM

since my first ibook i've bought my memory from owc. i'm running a 1gb in my new 17" right now without any issues.

probably going to put another 1gb in soon.

NoBackUp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2005, 05:25 AM

I am waiting for my new memory to arrive, I've tried all the local Suppliers, who whilst they can supply DDR2 1GB sticks, cant supply anything that actually works.. (Transcend,Twinmos) as they are totally Pccccccceeeeee focused, It was a suprise when I tried an old PC3200 Himax stick and "it just works" so at least this will tied me over until my 2x1GB Crucial sticks arrive .

Strange thing is that according to the SPECS this should not work...but it does, where by the PC2-3200 does run native at 333 Mhz...so that might just be the luck of the draw..

CrazedVW
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2005, 10:12 AM

I got two 1GB sticks of Crucial RAM (PC2700) for $217 total ($105 each plus $7 shipping) from www.newegg.com two weeks ago. That was the cheapest price I could find.
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/4GB/500GB/SuperDrive (Mine)
MacBook Pro: 13"/2.26Ghz/2GB/160GB/SuperDrive (Wife's)

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 13, 2005, 12:34 PM

Come on, people, use the search! Why do we need a new "where to buy RAM" thread in every forum every week?!?

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules