Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: my 12" powerbook G4 for your 23"HD cinema display

WTT: my 12" powerbook G4 for your 23"HD cinema display
Tjthemaxx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2007, 05:18 PM

Well, I bought a macbook pro a few months ago and I'd like a larger display for it. My old 12" G4 powerbook has just been sitting in the box and I figured this might put it to some good use. I'd be willing to throw in a little cash as well.

Specs:
12 G4 Powerbook
1Ghz G4 processor
768MB RAM
40GB HD
Combo drive

I have original box, manuals, discs and adapters for it. Everything works perfectly. Aluminum exterior is in super nice condition and no dead pixels on the screen.

Can anyone use this? I'd prefer to trade it for a 23" HD cinema Dislay (aluminum enclosure) but I suppose I' consider selling it as well. If you want to buy it, please contact me. Otherwise, let's just have trade offers on this thread. As I said at the top of the post, *I am willing to add cash with the powerbook for your Cinema display*.

I have pics for interested parties. I know I don't have many posts but I've been on here for several years. I just don't post a lot or sell much. I have a bunch of feedback on ebay. My userid is: gatcha-guy.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
-T.J.

AegisSM3
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2007, 12:56 AM

Hi,

I don't have the exact display that your looking for but I thought that I'd let you know. I have a Westinghouse 22" brand new about 14 days old black. Let me know that you think. Also can I get pics sent to: 40rty.mycingular.blackberry.net. I might buy it if its at a good price. Thanks

Tjthemaxx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2007, 10:26 AM

No thanks on the Westinghouse monitor. I'm sure it's nice but I'm a die-hard Apple enthusiast and would much rather have an apple branded monitor.

I'll consider selling after the post has been up a few days. I'd much rather trade the powerbook if a trade is possible.

Thanks.

cmillerdesign
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2007, 11:25 AM

What do you want for it as a solo sale? Any scratches other than the bottom? Send me a PM please.

CTSxViper
Oct 31, 2007, 04:08 PM

I have a mint new in the box, only opened to test Apple Cinema 23". I would be interested if the laptop had a larger hard drive and is also in mint condition with no scratches. LMK if you want to work something out and the item is in that condition.

Tjthemaxx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2007, 05:14 PM

Absolutely! I would love to work something out with you!

My powerbook is really in super nice condition. It has two SMALL scratches on the bottom of the case (from sitting it down on stuff) but they are REALLY small. Also has some TINY wear marks on the USB ports from plugging things in occasionally. Otherwise, the powerbook is mint. It's a nice example and I have all the original box, manuals, discs and adapters. I can happily email you pics. PM me your email address and I'll get them to you.

It does not have a super huge hard disk though (40 GB) but that's inexpensive to replace if you wanted more capacity. It DOES have upgraded RAM (768MB) and the airport card installed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules