Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Snow Leopard - A 1000 improvements!

Snow Leopard - A 1000 improvements! (Page 5)
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2009, 09:53 PM

I am still using my PowerBook G4 17" 1ghz! 6 years old and still goin strong. Looks like I have to get an Intel MacBook Pro now!
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2009, 04:07 PM

I think this one might be #68… I like how you can choose within the Finder Preferences, the default search location when doing a search. Under 10.5 it was kinda annoying having to switch from 'This Mac' to the whatever your current folder was once and again…

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
I think this one might be #68… I like how you can choose within the Finder Preferences, the default search location when doing a search. Under 10.5 it was kinda annoying having to switch from 'This Mac' to the whatever your current folder was once and again…

Oh Mylanta, was this ever annoying.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Sep 4, 2009, 06:22 PM

^ Yes.

The only issue I have with this new "Search the Current Folder" option is that it's not the default, and that it thus took me a while to realize it was available. This option should always have been the default, since it's more logical for the search field in a Finder window to refer to the contents of that window rather than the entire OS - we've already got a global search menu in the upper right of the screen for that.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Jasoco
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2009, 08:03 PM

Go into Exposé and press Command+Tab.

Pretty cool if you like keyboard control.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2009, 09:49 PM

Much better network throughput. I'm getting about 200-250 MB/s better throughput on a 5 1 gigabit link aggregate with SL Server.
Vandelay Industries

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2009, 09:14 AM

This improvement (Spelling and Grammar correction automatic by language) is amazing. The previous Multilingual option did never work for me under 10.5

tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2009, 09:17 AM

I'm kinda disappointed they Apple couldn't have added auto-capitalization into Snow Leopard. Thats the one feature I was really hoping for.
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

Forum Links
Forum Rules