Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Greetings after 13 years

Greetings after 13 years
yuriwho
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2014, 06:58 AM

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I was last active here in these forums. Back then Apple was weak and wounded.... how things change. For a little trip down memory lane I just re-read my original post here that alerted the community to the ability to connect their laptops to wireless. lol, just typing that makes me laugh.

Anyway, just came by to see WTF was happening here. Cheers to all.

Here is a link to my post over a decade ago that made wireless possible for laptops using OS X. One thing that strikes me about that thread, is how unix/linux savvy everyone was. Different world today. Not what I expected.

Yuri

p.s. RIP Steve

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2014, 07:46 AM

Yeah, I'm now typing this on an iPad that's running a full UNIX and doesn't even have file system access...!

I remember clearly how Mac OS X back then seemed totally like the future - a potential it's more than lived up to!

yuriwho  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2014, 07:55 AM

Back then my parents owned a lot of apple stock. Without asking my opinion they sold it all. I am still mad at them for that, even though they have both passed on. They had a lot of stock and sold at a low. I was deep into OS X since the public beta and I could tell it was something awesome. I wish I had my own money back then.....lol, life.
( Last edited by yuriwho; Dec 14, 2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: title did not show up in post)

andi*pandi
Dec 17, 2014, 03:11 PM

hi! welcome back!

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 17, 2014, 07:36 PM

Easily the biggest money making opportunity I've missed was telling myself around the time the iMac DVSE arrived "I need to drop $20-50K on the 'new' Apple" and never doing it.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Dec 20, 2014, 10:34 PM

I think there was a graphic of some sort showing how much money you would have made had you purchased apple stock instead of apple products like the ipod.

Yep, this is what I was thinking of:
What If I Had Invested In AAPL Instead? - Business Insider
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Forum Links
Forum Rules