Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Thoughts on the iPod shuffle

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the iPod shuffle?
Poll Options:
Ordered the 512MB one 29 votes (16.96%)
Ordered the 1GB one 47 votes (27.49%)
Waiting for reviews 38 votes (22.22%)
Waiting for rush to die down 27 votes (15.79%)
Are you kidding me? 30 votes (17.54%)
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Thoughts on the iPod shuffle (Page 4)
Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2005, 03:37 AM

I still think the idea of voice recording and a radio on an iPod is stupid. Everyone I know with one just wants to listen to THEIR music.

They can make voice notes on their phone if they really wanted to.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2005, 06:10 AM

1gb in hand. it's for my mom. but until she gives me her cd's to put onto the shuffle, i'm tinkering with it. the battery life is excellent (better than expected). i would say it lasts about twice as long (maybe more) as my 3g 15gb ipod.

my mom listens to chinese music (and i cant type chinese if my life depended on it). a screen would be useless if it's "track one/ track two" etc.

my mom isnt a techno person. the shuffle's simple controls are fine. she wouldnt enjoy going through all those menu's either. if she likes a particular song, i'll just put it near the top of the playlist for her. itunes integration is great. it makes it easy for me to sync her shuffle and my 3g, keeping the libraries seperate. the size is what made her want it. even a mini would be too large (she wants to take it to work and have it in her workshirt pocket, the mini and fullsize ipod would not work out well).

the easy controls makes playing/rewinding/fastforwarding extremely simple to do. i have used it for 3 days now, and i love how it weighs so little and is so small, it seems to dissapear in your pocket. you forget it's there. the controls are easy to hit without looking (unlike my 3g, and any other ipod for that matter).

it's perfect for her, and me as well. i'm tempted but i dont want to waste my 3g ipod which i picked up in august.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

xanderwilson
Jan 16, 2005, 04:16 PM

This couldn't have come out at a better time. I know someone with a first gen 5 gig iPod who doesn't use all its space. It's starting to act a little wonky and probably won't finish out the year without at least a battery replacement. And she doesn't want to spend more than a $100-150 on a replacement, so this might just be perfect.

Alex.
www.telltaleweekly.org - Funding a Free Audiobook Library. Now available in AAC.
www.alexwilson.com - Alex Wilson Studios

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jan 18, 2005, 01:00 PM

Personally I think the iPod shuffle is meh at best. Put a two-line display on it and I'd consider it though. And yeah, I'm getting the iPod mini.

P.S. I do think it's going to sell like hotcakes. Scratch that. It IS selling like hotcakes.

What I really find impressive though is the fact that the Mac mini is outselling the iPod.

Forum Links
Forum Rules