Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Help: Unable to drag icons

Help: Unable to drag icons
Mordisco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2001, 05:28 PM

Hello: I had a freeze last night with my imac dv+ then everything seemed to be alright but when i tried to delete some files by dragging them to the trash i realised they wouldnt move and they would return to its place as if i were dragging them to an unassociated application, but for my surprise ALL icons/files are the same situation.
I also realised i do have an extension called "Macintosh Drag & Drop" in the desactivated extension folder or whatever its called. Should this be the item??. If so i CANT drag it to the extension folder.

Should i update my desktop? How?
Any virus?

Any ideas concerning are very appreciated?

Thanks

Storyboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 7, 2001, 05:48 PM

Hey,

I don't know what that "Drag & Drop" extension is. It's not on my system anywhere, maybe it's a third party thing. It not being active is probably not the problem.

You might want to go into Extensions Manager and select the "9.x Base" or the "9.x All" set, and then do a restart while holding down command (apple)+ option--this will rebuild your desktop. Then give it a try before activating other extensions, especially third parties.

What OS are you running? That info could offer some clues.

Good luck.
Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.

iMac Core2Duo 2.16GHz/3G RAM/250G HD OSX 10.6.6
Various Peripherals

Forum Links
Forum Rules