Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 4400/200 Has Lost Ethernet

4400/200 Has Lost Ethernet
smokymnt
Nov 10, 2000, 08:05 PM

I preformed a clean install on a 4400/200 and now appletalk will not see ethernet. I can start up on the install cd and it's there but when I restart ethernet is gone. I have checked the ethernet card and it's in tight and looks all right. Ethernet was working fine until I did a clean install. Now what :0

The Wolfe
Nov 11, 2000, 04:05 AM

I take it that you have a 4400/160 without Ethernet built in.

What networking card do you have? You may need to install networking Extensions before you can use the card. Also check to see that all the Apple Ethernet Extensions are installed (drag a few over from the CD's System Folder to your hard drive's System Folder to check).

------------------
Eliott Wolfe
Winnetka, Calif

Cipher13
Nov 11, 2000, 04:07 AM

Install the cards drivers (it would have come with them).

Cipher13

Michael Bellman
Nov 28, 2000, 05:23 PM

I have a 4400/200 DOS also and while the Mac side of Ehternet is working just nifty, I am having trouble getting the Windows 95 Machine to recognize the Ethernet network

(1) Can I use the comm slot card with both machines?
(2) What windoze adapters should be installed for the comm slot...
(3) Should I try to install an ethernet PCI card instead?
(4) finally, I have the opportunity to 'upgrade' my Windoze to WinNT 4.0 do you know of any pitfalls or run-ins I will experience on the Mac side if I change?

thanks muchly

Forum Links
Forum Rules