Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > any 1.25ghz to 1.5ghz upgraders out there???

any 1.25ghz to 1.5ghz upgraders out there???
claughery
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2004, 06:48 PM

I was wondering if any 1.25ghz to 1.5ghz upgraders noticed a big perfromance gain??? I have noticed a very large improvement... (128vram, 5400rpm drive)

iDORK
Forum Regular
May 2, 2004, 07:24 PM

Please explain further what these performance gains are.

Originally posted by claughery:
I was wondering if any 1.25ghz to 1.5ghz upgraders noticed a big perfromance gain??? I have noticed a very large improvement... (128vram, 5400rpm drive)

todrain
Senior User
May 2, 2004, 07:43 PM

I saw a 1.5GHz in the Apple store today, and in the little bit of time I spent on it, it only seemed a little faster than my 1Ghz TI. Of course the machine was the 4200rpm/64mb vram version, and it's hard to gauge performance on a machine in a store.

When I've messed around with the G5s, however, there is a very noticable performance increase.

jedimstr
May 4, 2004, 12:43 AM

I saw a general increase in display performance (windows minimizing or expose while tons of apps open at once), but the biggest gains I saw going from 1.25 to 1.5 with 128VRAM and 5400 HD were in games (Jedi Academy and Halo) and even more with my Pro Apps (Final Cut, DVD Studio Pro).

The faster Superdrive also helps when I'm burning DVD's.

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
May 4, 2004, 01:08 AM

Sweeeeeeeet. I just upgraded from a 1.25 15" to a 1.5 17" with the 5400HD and the 128VRAM, looking forward to those same gains.
It's just an ordinary day and it's all your
state of mind, at the end of the day, you
just gotta say it's alright!

Forum Links
Forum Rules